Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gym cork City

Options
  • 29-06-2019 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi all looking to sign up to a 12 month gym membership (work pays)

I am wondering where has the best gym in the city and I don't swim so gym only

Thank you

Comments

If they ever reopen I'd say flyefit!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

HEy ,

Depends on what you want to do, crossfit, classes, yoga or do you just want to go and lift heavy things ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Flyefit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Ucc mardyke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

mean gene wrote: »
    Ucc mardyke

Saw a sign on the wall there that it won the best gym in Munster this year (if that means anything).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I use Bishopstown Leisureworld PAYG (I don't live in Ireland) and I think it's excellent.
    Though I go off-peak so not sure what its like at busy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Not sure if I would consider the Mardyke the best gym in Cork. All UCC students are automatically members and during term time it gets very busy in there. Lot of the equipment (treadmills etc) are 10 - 15 years old and the weights room is very shabby. Decent enough gym only if you are getting the UCC staff / ex-UCC student discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Stay out of Dennehy's anyway. Full of apes. The floors in the Douglas gym are in a very dangerous state. I don't know how it is they are not fixing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

I am based in the city centre and no car so somewhere more city based and work pays so don't care of the cost at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I am based in the city centre and no car so somewhere more city based and work pays so don't care of the cost at all

So many to choose from to be fair.

The one in the Clayton Hotel is not cheap but has a pool, sauna,... as well.
    Then there's cheaper ones like Fit4Less, Rivers Edge, NRG,...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Whats the going rate these days for full membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Just fit in Blackpool..
    Great gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    So many to choose from to be fair.

The one in the Clayton Hotel is not cheap but has a pool, sauna,... as well.
    Then there's cheaper ones like Fit4Less, Rivers Edge, NRG,...

I was in the Clayton before I signed up for flyefit (if it ever reopens... :rolleyes: ), much as I love the pool etc I couldn't justify the price for the way the facilities were going down hill. The steam room is out of order frequently and I found in the last few months that the wet areas and dressing room, ladies at least, to be getting more and more shabby. Things like the shower traps blocked with hair, mould/slime on the door handle for the steam room and the spin dryer for the swim suits was removed also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

I tried the Clayton and didn't like the underground vibe it has.
    There's a bit of a shortage of seriously good gyms in Cork that aren't just bits of hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

I tried the Clayton and didn't like the underground vibe it has.
    There's a bit of a shortage of seriously good gyms in Cork that aren't just bits of hotels.

The Montenotte gym/pool/sauna etc. is good. Great staff and good facilities. However prices have risen a bit in the past 6 months. Worth a look though.

Advertisement