Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch series 3 or 4?

Options
  • 29-06-2019 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I’m currently looking to upgrade from my first generation Apple Watch
    I’m not sure whether it’s worth forking out the extra for series 4.
    Mostly use my existing watch for the activity tracker and the new one would be useful for swimming workouts given that they’re waterproof.
    Has anyone any experience in using either series 3 or 4 in open water?
    Which watch would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I'm in the same boat. My series one has been great but want to upgrade. I thought I would use a waterproof one but I usually use the steam room and jacuzzi too so not sure If the watch can handle all that. I would like to track the bit of swimming I do though.

I must have a check of the MacRumors website again but I think we have been getting new watches every September or so, so maybe a newer model might be worth waiting for.

Keep us posted on what you do in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You could have picked up a 4 with applecare for €400 here on adverts 2 weeks ago. I had my ad up and someone else sold theirs for €395 I believe.
    Its a steal for that price.
    In the end I switched back to Apple and kept my watch.
    For me getting the 4 series over the 3 is a no brainer especially when you consider you'll be able to get them cheaper in another month or two when the new version launches.

Advertisement