Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa debit charged twice?

Options
  • 29-06-2019 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, bought a drill in a diy shop today, the guy on the till asked me re-enter my pin as "it didn't go through the first time", so I re-entered my pin and the sale went through. When I got home I checked my banking on line, and seem to be changed for the drill twice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The second one will drop off after around 5 days. The bank won't issue a refund. The clearing cycle will fix it, when the retailer puts through their transaction file

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The second one will drop off after around 5 days. The bank won't issue a refund. The clearing cycle will fix it, when the retailer puts through their transaction file
    Peter 1980 wrote: »
    Hi, bought a drill in a diy shop today, the guy on the till asked me  re-enter my pin as "it didn't go through the first time", so I re-entered my pin and the sale went through. When I got home I checked my banking on line, and seem to be changed for the drill twice?

Hi Peter 1980,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

The duplicate transaction in these instances would usually appear in the Transactions Still in Progress and will adjust back to your account automatically within five working days. This can happen if a retailer cancels or voids a transaction  after we have authorised it or if the retailer asks you to enter your PIN in a second time.

If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to come back to us here.

Many Thanks.

John

Advertisement