Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation & Property Warning

Options
  • 29-06-2019 8:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭

I received a warning for a post in answer to a Moderators question. He accused me of trolling. I simp0ly said what i would do in a particular situation and I am being accused of advising someone to entrap people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

4ensic15, have you attempted to resolve this with the mod in question?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Yes. He has point blank refused to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Okay, I've let the CMods know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi 4ensic, I’ll look into this for you. Can you please forward me on all PMs exhanged between you and the A&P moderators in relation to this issue? Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi 4ensic15, thanks for sending on those PMs. The A&P mods also forwarded their PMs and replies to me so I think I have seen the whole lot.

I have read the thread in question, and my take on it was that your advice was morally dubious, at best, and could be considered advocating fraud, at worst. You suggested that it would be okay to intentionally overpay rent, knowing that a minor error could be used to your advantage to subsequently claim repayment of that extra money, rather than simply alerting the appropriate people to the error and proceeding from there. I agree with the moderators that a warning was correct in this instance.

If you disagree with this decision, you can request that an admin review it.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    Hi 4ensic15, thanks for sending on those PMs. The A&P mods also forwarded their PMs and replies to me so I think I have seen the whole lot.

I have read the thread in question, and my take on it was that your advice was morally dubious, at best, and could be considered advocating fraud, at worst. You suggested that it would be okay to intentionally overpay rent, knowing that a minor error could be used to your advantage to subsequently claim repayment of that extra money, rather than simply alerting the appropriate people to the error and proceeding from there. I agree with the moderators that a warning was correct in this instance.

If you disagree with this decision, you can request that an admin review it.
    I certainly disagree with this. I entirely faile to see how it is morally dubious or could amount to fraud. What the landlord did was illegal seeking money they were not entitled to.
    Why should the tenant make things worse for themselves? What obligation are they under to show the landlord how to exctract the maximum amout of money from them?
    In any event my post acts a warning to landlords of the consequences of increasing rents without being scrupulously accurate in their procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Are you requesting an Admin review?

dudara wrote: »
    Are you requesting an Admin review?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thank you for confirming. I have read the thread in question, and have obtained the PM exchange with the mod.

The approach you proposed in the thread was morally bereft, and could have potentially exposed the OP if acted upon. I do t believe you were intentionally trolling but I do believe that you gave dubious advice. Therefore I am upholding the warning.

Furthermore, I have reviewed your track record on the site. Your record in A&P is frankly very poor. I would expect better from a well informed poster like yourself. Please take this warning as a recommendation to improve your posting standards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement