Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NiamhOFla

Did anyone get the texts from 50400 sorted? I haven't gotten a response in ages. I've tried to contact return2sender but they just don't respond to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

NiamhOFla wrote: »
    Did anyone get the texts from 50400 sorted? I haven't gotten a response in ages. I've tried to contact return2sender but they just don't respond to me!

Mine came back for the comps that ended today. I mailed return2sender, no response but as they came back I guess they did something, or just whatever was wrong got fixed.

ZombieMed wrote: »
    Mine came back for the comps that ended today. I mailed return2sender, no response but as they came back I guess they did something, or just whatever was wrong got fixed.

Thanks for the response! I guess I'll just exercise some patience. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Thanks for the response! I guess I'll just exercise some patience. :(

I got a reply for a new comp for the number. Gave up entering on the old ones

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Gangu

I think some comps are not worth doing, what do you think? For example this is a very cynical way of buying content for their magazine. €30?!?!

IRISH INDEPENDENT WEEKEND MAGAZINE c/d 5 best entries will be published in next Weekend Magazine
    Prizes: €30 of O’Brien Press Books goes to winning entry
    Write a short story in six words e.g. “Rigid, she watched their first dance.”

Email your entry with your name, address & phone number to weekendmag@independent.ie or send it on a postcard to Weekend Magazine Short Story Competition, Irish Independent, 27-32 Talbot Street, Dublin 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Onity

Gangu wrote: »
    I think some comps are not worth doing, what do you think? For example this is a very cynical way of buying content for their magazine. €30?!?!

IRISH INDEPENDENT WEEKEND MAGAZINE c/d 5 best entries will be published in next Weekend Magazine
    Prizes: €30 of O’Brien Press Books goes to winning entry
    Write a short story in six words e.g. “Rigid, she watched their first dance.”

Email your entry with your name, address & phone number to weekendmag@independent.ie or send it on a postcard to Weekend Magazine Short Story Competition, Irish Independent, 27-32 Talbot Street, Dublin 1.

Definitely! Getting very close to giving up on entering Pigsback comps for example, my housemate and I have both been entering most days for the last year and neither of us have won anything. On the list of winners there's people who have won 3 or 4 times this year :/ Luck of the draw I know but I don't think it's worth the effort of logging in every day to enter!

Same, haven't gotten any replies from 50400 in months, and no response from return2sender. 50100 and 51500 still work for me though, at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

I'm getting replies from 50400 on both Tesco and Vodafone networks.

I don't bother with the pigsback ones, a bit like FPD you enter them all and nothing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 OzKennard

Onity wrote: »
    Same, haven't gotten any replies from 50400 in months, and no response from return2sender. 50100 and 51500 still work for me though, at least!

I tried calling return2sender for weeks and never answered.
    I emailed them twice and still nothing....
    So then I emailed the Competition Authority with a question about it the company and T&C's etc and how coincidental, a few days later I got an email back from Return2Sender saying my entries are being received. Very basic and unprofessional email as if someone sent it from their iphone on the train...my opinion only!!

I've lost all faith in text to win comps now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Definitely! Getting very close to giving up on entering Pigsback comps for example, my housemate and I have both been entering most days for the last year and neither of us have won anything. On the list of winners there's people who have won 3 or 4 times this year :/ Luck of the draw I know but I don't think it's worth the effort of logging in every day to enter!
    I have been entering every day for about 10 years id say and I have won once and that was about 5 years ago

• Advertisement

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I have been entering every day for about 10 years id say and I have won once and that was about 5 years ago
    It was a good prize €500 for Brown Thomas but its A long time ago now

OzKennard wrote: »
    I tried calling return2sender for weeks and never answered.
    I emailed them twice and still nothing....
    So then I emailed the Competition Authority with a question about it the company and T&C's etc and how coincidental, a few days later I got an email back from Return2Sender saying my entries are being received. Very basic and unprofessional email as if someone sent it from their iphone on the train...my opinion only!!

I've lost all faith in text to win comps now.

Thanks for the tip. I emailed saying I would contact the competition authority and immediately got a response. Still not fixed but at least I have a response!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Companies that send emails announcing that they are due to announce a winner soon should be shot.

Nothing worse than the dreaded email received with the below header in the subject box.

COMPETITION WINNER!!!

“We will soon be announcing our winner”.

Or

“Well done to Mary Murphy who has won this competition”.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Companies that send emails announcing that they are due to announce a winner soon should be shot.

Nothing worse than the dreaded email received with the below header in the subject box.

COMPETITION WINNER!!!

Or

Oh I really really hate that, you get excited and then realise you didn't win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Email saying this morning I won 50 euro with the elverys thanks to whoever posted it.

irishgeo wrote: »
    Email saying this morning I won 50 euro with the elverys thanks to whoever posted it.

Congratulations, enjoy the prize. Was that the comp that you had to take a picture in store or was it a different one

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Mentioned in the main thread, but will ask here too... If anyone can recall entering a competition to win a 55 inch LG TV, if they could remember the link that would be great...It is from D.I.D electric but not sure if they made the competition...It could be the goodfellass text comp...
    ...I got a call today to say I won it, and am delighted obviously...I just want to read up on it but also to thank whoever shared it (likely Gormal)...

Might not have been me, there were 2 text ones for a 55 inch tv listed by Abridgett, also I recall one on FB and also directly from D.I.D not sure of size or make. Well done anyway

ShagNastii wrote: »

COMPETITION WINNER!!!

Or

Or the ones that say open to find out if you're a winner..... Sorry you didn't win this time here's a 10% discount....:rolleyes:

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Congratulations, enjoy the prize. Was that the comp that you had to take a picture in store or was it a different one

One on a blog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Abridgett

Did anyone win anything in the McVities afternoon tea freetext competition? Lots of nice prizes, haven't heard of anyone who won though!
    I got a phone call during the week telling me I had won a €100 voucher for afternoon tea in a restaurant of my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eim641

Thanks for the tip. I emailed saying I would contact the competition authority and immediately got a response. Still not fixed but at least I have a response!

I had emailed them ages ago about it. Got a response out of the blue from them this week and the replies to the texts are coming in now. It’s interesting that on the new terms and conditions they have on a carlsberg comp they have a section in it about numbers being blocked

eim641 wrote: »
    I had emailed them ages ago about it. Got a response out of the blue from them this week and the replies to the texts are coming in now. It’s interesting that on the new terms and conditions they have on a carlsberg comp they have a section in it about numbers being blocked

in theory then im breaking the rules by using send it later app to automate my texts:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

Did anyone win any of the Fanta prizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Did anyone win tickets to Last Christmas tomorrow night, I was really hoping to win some but no luck , I'm a huge Wham/George Michael fan

Abridgett wrote: »
    I got a phone call during the week telling me I had won a €100 voucher for afternoon tea in a restaurant of my choice.

I spoke too soon - got a call today to say I won a €100 One4All voucher, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭claudiaaims

I spoke too soon - got a call today to say I won a €100 One4All voucher, delighted!

I also got a call this morning from McVities.
    A €100 One4all voucher as well.
    Big thanks to original poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pecika

Hi all,

I would really like to get your thoughts/advice on something....

So essentially, I would like to make friends with more compers that are based in Ireland, basically anyone who enjoy this hobby and doesn’t mind entering and sharing competitions. I am fairly new at this game myself but I am keen, motivated and currently learning Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, gleam, Rafflecopter etc.

Could I ask a favour then, I would only ask you to join my comping group I made on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I would love to become one of your comping buddys on the above sites.

I know a lot of people, friends and family wont understand this hobby of ours so that’s why I’d like to join forces with similar minded folk aka you who don’t mind sharing competitions to friends. Tbh, I haven’t a clue really how to navigate boards with all of it’s complexities and you could probably get me quicker on apps like facebook messenger etc. Also I find that a lot of competitions want you to tag (comping) friends, but I only have my partner and my Mother who both aren’t fussed about comping which I find rather frustrating. How can they not love winning prizes and giveaways?!

So I would love any feedback, pms, friend requests or feel free to drop me your usernames and I’ll do my best to find you and send you a friend request. Forgive me again, I actually don’t know how to send PM’s on this website which is why I posting here, lol.

Best, E

Hy,I am also new in this and i loved be in your group in facebook .Can you tell me name of group ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

I also got a call this morning from McVities.
    A €100 One4all voucher as well.
    Big thanks to original poster.
    Got a call yesterday a 100 afternoon tea voucher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Pecika wrote: »
    Hy,I am also new in this and i loved be in your group in facebook .Can you tell me name of group ?

I think this is a great idea!

Advertisement