Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lo_La

A few of us won the Yoplait one anyway.
    I didn't realise the shoes are personalised when I sent my details. I hope they don't come with my name on them 'cos I'll be too embarrassed to wear them if they do.

I contacted insight marketing on instagram and asked if I could change the details so I can give them to my niece as I wouldn't wear them either! They said no problem but it might be too late now, worth a try though! You can see a pic of the shoes on Yoplait Instagram I originally thought it was for running shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lo_La wrote: »
    You can see a pic of the shoes on Yoplait Instagram I originally thought it was for running shoes

Not bothered I didn't win now

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

ladymary wrote: »
    Anybody having any luck with any of these competitions.

https://www.cremeeggeatertainment.com/
    https://legends.cadburyfc.com/

Cream eggs won’t scan for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

ladymary wrote: »
    Anybody having any luck with any of these competitions.

https://www.cremeeggeatertainment.com/
    https://legends.cadburyfc.com/

Doing creme egg only. No luck. Kinda don't expect it as it's a uk comp and there are only a few prizes.

If your pics are refused there's a little guide: basically they expect Cadbury to be clearly visible, for it to be centred etc. There's a link to show you correct pics if you get it wrong and want to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

Has anyone got the same problem when trying to send an email to the competition below. All my emails today have bounced back with the following response "Postmaster UNDELIVERABLE Novel SR ETC."

Although it seems very odd that it suddenly stopped working even though my partners email entry was sent successfully a few weeks ago. Expiry for the comp is February 7th @5pm which is today.

15-12-2019, 02:20 #9983
    Cal04

Adverts | Friends

Win a Triton shower

Win@houseandhome.ie
    Novel SR in subject line

• Advertisement

What domain are you sending it from - could be blacklisted

Yahoo/gmail. Can I ask you to email them with those domains and let me know what you get. This has never happened to me before.

fritzelly wrote: »
    What domain are you sending it from - could be blacklisted

'The address may be misspelled or may not exist' is the message I keep recieving on yahoo and gmail. And I know I have not mispelled the win@houseandhome.ie

What do you need to say in the email? Cannot find anything on the their website

What do you need to say in the email?

Novel SR in subject line, then include your contact details in the email.

• Advertisement

Tried a few different domain emails and all coming back with the same error

Tried a few different domain emails and all coming back with the same error

Unreal, thanks for that. I'll attach my partners screenshot which was sent without any error back in January.

Very annoyed now that they dismantled their domain before closing time at 5pm. Getting people's hopes up for nothing. Another well-known Irish promoter not playing by their own rules.

Unreal, thanks for that. I'll attach my partners screenshot which was sent without any error back in January.

Very annoyed now that they dismantled their domain before closing time at 5pm. Getting people's hopes up for nothing. Another well-known Irish promoter not playing by their own rules.
    Screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭COD4132

I sent the email back in Jan originally and all was fine, it was sent and delivered.
    I tried it this morning and got the same error message as you did. The only thing i can think off is they closed it down maybe? Very strange. I have a Yahoo account also.

Has anyone won with Centra? They must just use email address to contact winner as they don’t ask for much details??

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stephykavanagh

Has anyone won with Centra? They must just use email address to contact winner as they don’t ask for much details??

Won a voucher with them last year they contacted me for my address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

pippin5 wrote: »
    Hi, I would agree. You will hear directly from the promoter if you have won, certainly this is how I heard when won from a free text competition. I heard on the evening that I sent the text but there was a time constraint on the prize.

Whilst the draw has been made, there might still be a chance that haven't contacted the winners yet, as there is nothing in the terms and conditions as to when they are going to contact the winner. Well, that is what I am hoping for anyway. If anyone has won any of the 11 prizes, please let us know, I will be happy for the winners, even if it means that I definitely didn't win. :-)

Well I just got a call this afternoon to say I was one of the winners!! Heart was in my mouth for the big prize, but, it wasnt the big one...Still I got a €100 BT voucher so Im happy out :D thanks again Gormal!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pippin5

snowgal wrote: »
    Well I just got a call this afternoon to say I was one of the winners!! Heart was in my mouth for the big prize, but, it wasnt the big one...Still I got a €100 BT voucher so Im happy out :D thanks again Gormal!

Congrats Snowgal. Out of curiosity, how often did you enter the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

I had been entering with them for years and finally won a €100voucher before Christmas. I got a call to say I had won and they sent it out after a few days.

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I had been entering with them for years and finally won a €100voucher before Christmas. I got a call to say I had won and they sent it out after a few days.

But they only ask for your first name and email? I was wondering how would they contact you only using that info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

But they only ask for your first name and email? I was wondering how would they contact you only using that info?

Send you an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

pippin5 wrote: »
    Congrats Snowgal. Out of curiosity, how often did you enter the competition?

Thank you! That one I only entered once, as I think it said that on the reply back to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

wally79 wrote: »
    Send you an email?

No I got a call, I thought that aswell as usually they only ask for email but I thought that one must have asked for my number on the form. When they rang they told me I had entered a competition on the centra website

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

I won a Centra comp last year. The company responsible for the prize emailed me to get my address details. Usually we're just giving name and email address so I guess it's whatever contact info they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

I won with Centra a few years ago before I even knew about the competitions thread it was a €250 voucher for MAXI ZOO and treats, toys and food to the value of another €250. I got a call that time too so it must have asked for a phone number that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Gangu

I got a missed call from someone that I won the first stage of a makeover competition. I can’t find anything about it anywhere so I’m wondering is it a scam. Ring any bells for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Gangu wrote: »
    I got a missed call from someone that I won the first stage of a makeover competition. I can’t find anything about it anywhere so I’m wondering is it a scam. Ring any bells for anyone?

Was it an 087 number that called you ? I got that call too.

If they ask for any kind of money run

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anakena

Yep I got that call too. Here is the comp: https://www.beaut.ie/competitions-win/win-inglot-beauty-products-worth-e100-422494?entryStatus=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Gangu

Anakena wrote: »

Ok. Thanks yes that rings a bell yes it was a 087 number

Advertisement