Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

I also have 2 nowtv day sky sports passes that can be used when they are broadcasting new stuff again. Be warned they will auto renew unless you cancel them- I think this can be done as soon as they're activated. PM if you want one or both.

Both gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I won a Now TV Sky Sports pass with Coca Cola if anyone wants please pm

Not quite as exciting a prize as it would have been 2 months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelle

Thanks, you added this competition last week aswell
    Thanks, these were added already.

Priestess101 - Are you a self proclaimed Moderator?

Gormal wrote: »

I'm not going to apologise for the duplicates (now removed) considering the amount of duplicate, triplicate and even quadruplicate links. If people would stop chatting, posters wouldn't have to go back more than 3 or 4 pages.
    Normally I would search the thread (unlike some) but Boards crashed last night and I had to find all the links again and save to a text file for posting today...... perhaps I should not have bothered. I was thinking of taking some time out anyway, so this would be the right opportunity.

Happy comping boardsies.

Please don't give up Gormal

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

rebelle wrote: »
    Priestess101 - Are you a self proclaimed Moderator?

Nope, lol
    Just trying to be more organised. No offence to all the double, triple or quadruple posters (in case I've done it in the past myself too). I have lots of ideas for the group but don't see why I should stay silent when it takes pages and pages to find posts like Gormal said. Gormal you've done a great job so keep up the good work and I'll do the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have lots of ideas for the group but don't see why I should stay silent when it takes pages and pages to find posts like Gormal said.
    Im not sure what you mean by "group" or what ideas you have but any such ideas will have to be discussed with the the forum mods possibly and also in public here on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Nope, lol
    Just trying to be more organised. No offence to all the double, triple or quadruple posters (in case I've done it in the past myself too). I have lots of ideas for the group but don't see why I should stay silent when it takes pages and pages to find posts like Gormal said. Gormal you've done a great job so keep up the good work and I'll do the same :)

Painful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I echo this sentiment, please don’t go Gormal - you are the competition queen :)

muffler wrote: »
    Im not sure what you mean by "group" or what ideas you have but any such ideas will have to be discussed with the the forum mods possibly and also in public here on this thread.

Absolutely! Your wish is my command BOSS. I don't understand the hostitilty on this "forum" so, don't worry I'll make it easy for you - if the only comping forum in Ireland treats their members this way, I'm out. I wanted everybody to enjoy the competitions and win something back. I never wanted to become a part of a hositle group who has issues with their member's wanting to be more organised. The Referral Comp was a rookie mistake and have asked the mods to remove it as soon as it was pointed out to me. I'm not sure what else you want me to say and I have nothing to apologise for either. Good luck everyone. Carry on Comping!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

Ah lads I hope its the quarantine that has us all off form

This is a nice forum where we all look out for each other, I am not a big poster mainly because when I get time to enter most of what I have seen/saved has already been posted , the occasional double post does not bother me - I for one would rather see it twice than miss out

Comping is a distraction for me and a win is always a huge treat - be it a big or small prize

Hopefully both Gormal and Priestess101 will continue to post I appreciate the time and effort that goes into finding so many competitions and the generosity to share them, I am sure the rest of us feel the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 9,452 ✭✭✭irishgeo

an idea is to setup a reddit forum and then we can flair the posts and the also moderate the posts so duplicates are not allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

irishgeo wrote: »
    an idea is to setup a reddit forum and then we can flair the posts and the also moderate the posts so duplicates are not allowed.

Big NO

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

I'm a bit of a lurker here and appricate all those who put alot of effort in. I post a handful of competitions a year and enjoy the forum. To those who post regularly, thanks. I even had a big win last year of 1000 euro holiday voucher, so I would hate to see this competition thread die off. Sometimes it's a little disorganised but that's the nature of it. I enter maybe 1 in 10 competitions posted here but enjoy flicking through the posts to see what I'll enter, seeing the odd win reported and I love finding a competition that hasn't been shared yet and posting it here.

The forum has been running great that last few years and doesn't need change or nit picking. The discussion page was a great idea to cut the chat. I never come in here to read things but good that people who want to chat can, and those who just want the odd competition, or put effort into posting don't have to read through pages.

There's more social media competitions than ever right now, and we're all stuck in our houses, so it should be a good time for us competition posters.

I hope to see you back soon Gormal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Today's numbers - from my referrals I can see that your numbers are up at https://freemillions.com/daily-draws/, so go and click on it! I'm hoping you will be a proper cash winner rather than the £20 bonus, let me know!

I know you're trying to be helpful, & I obviously can't speak for everyone else but I think a lot of people would be uncomfortable having their full name posted on a forum like this making it easier to identify people.

Muir wrote: »
    I know you're trying to be helpful, & I obviously can't speak for everyone else but I think a lot of people would be uncomfortable having their full name posted on a forum like this making it easier to identify people.

Plus isn't this verging on breaking the rules of the thread?

fritzelly wrote: »
    Plus isn't this verging on breaking the rules of the thread?

I believe that the referrer gets paid also if the person referred collects their winnings so it may well tie into that rule.

I'm sure priestess has the best intentions, just it's a small enough community and people might want to maintain their anonymity.

I take it the name is real life and not the Boards.ie user name?

Guess so since there is no user by that name

Yeah, I think if someone signs up to that site through a referral link (Priestess had put their referral in the competitions thread before realising that was against the rules) then the persons actual name will come up for the referrer. It is possible they aren't a member and might just be someone who reads the thread but Priestess must believe it's someone who clicked the link through here anyway.

I've just realised the referral link is in their sig too so may not even have been clicked by someone who doesn't use the competitions thread.

Muir wrote: »
    Yeah, I think if someone signs up to that site through a referral link (Priestess had put their referral in the competitions thread before realising that was against the rules) then the persons actual name will come up for the referrer. It is possible they aren't a member and might just be someone who reads the thread but Priestess must believe it's someone who clicked the link through here anyway.

I've just realised the referral link is in their sig too so may not even have been clicked by someone who doesn't use the competitions thread.
    Thanks for that.

I've been contacted about this so I'll arrange to have it sorted.

Happy to report that the name has now been removed :)

• Advertisement

Happy to be of service, Boss. I was contacted by the person in question and took it down, no need to report otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

To keep the thread on track, can we please avoid notification posts about competition winners.

Also, a reminder that referral links are not allowed as per the forum rules.

Blisterman wrote: »
    To keep the thread on track, can we please avoid notification posts about competition winners.

Also, a reminder that referral links are not allowed as per the forum rules.

Can we have a competition winners thread to inform eachother of wins if you don't think this compeition discussion thread is appropriate to use to discusse all things competition related. If not a new thread specifically for comeptition winners sounds great, and very much needed for all of us busy compers!

My referral link is included in my signature only not in the post itself... unless this is not allowed to have in my personal signature? I haven't posted any ref links since realising it was not allowed.

Best, P

I believe what Blisterman means is to not notify other people they have/may have won. That's something people can check for themselves and it's really down to them personally if they want to share that in here. I don't think there's ever been a problem posting that you won something & thanking the person who posted the competition you won where applicable.

Like I said, I was only suggesting a Competition Winners Chat thread where anyone can search to see if they have been announced as a winner in a ROI/NI competition. Winning emails, messages, status updates or Facebook/IG notifications are often missed and the purpose of the group is to help people claim their prizes. There are only UK Winners List groups available as far as I am aware, that's why I thought it would be a helpful to create one that's just for ROI on boards.

Help out your boards members by tagging winners usernames in posts so they don't miss any winning notifications. It happens to many compers and I would hate to see them missing out on a prize.

Oh and you could also tag and congratulate your fellow winners.
    It would be awesome to have an open/public group like this so people can find it on a search and it would be easily accessible to New Compers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

Like I said, I was only suggesting a Competition Winners Chat thread where anyone can search to see if they have been announced as a winner in a ROI/NI competition. Winning emails, messages, status updates or Facebook/IG notifications are often missed and the purpose of the group is to help people claim their prizes. There are only UK Winners List groups available as far as I am aware, that's why I thought it would be a helpful to create one that's just for ROI on boards.

Help out your boards members by tagging winners usernames in posts so they don't miss any winning notifications. It happens to many compers and I would hate to see them missing out on a prize.

But you would need to know the name the Boards user entered under to tag them

Also posting winners on those referral comps seems a bit like promotion of your referral even if you don’t include it

Look wally79, it was only a suggestion of putting out ideas for this Competition Discussion thread, as instructed by the mods. If they can't become viable because of the hostility towards new ideas then that's that. No further suggestions will be posted on this Competition Discussion thread by me anyway.

It's not hostility, I can see where you're coming from, but Ireland is a small place and not everyone wants their boards username linked up with their real name and social media accounts. Unfortunately there are dangers and risks associated with using the internet, and some people use whatever information they can in negative ways. And this is a public forum, you don't even need to be logged in to access it so anyone can have access to the information posted.

It might be more constructive to use this thread to make suggestions on ways people can ensure they don't miss those notifications. Like having a competitions email, setting filters so anything with "win" or "congratulations" goes into a specific folder etc.

No one is trying to be hostile, just highlighting that there are risks, and potentially even data protection laws associated with things like that. Maybe if you have other compers that you are friends with you could set up a group chat on Facebook to notify each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Can anyone tell me where I might get the questions and answers of the Mastermind 2020 final shown a few nights ago?
    Thanks.

Advertisement