Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,387 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JD Sports gift card only available to use in stores :(

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

HEY GORMEL!!!!!!

Please come back. Don't make me have to put in the effort you did and start posting comps! ....Also cant help but notice that Priestess101 has posted jacksh1t since they came in and ruined a perfectly pleasant thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

xtradel wrote: »
    Also cant help but notice that Priestess101 has posted jacksh1t since they came in and ruined a perfectly pleasant thread.

Reading things like that, who would want to post in your hostile thread anyway? I see a moderator has even liked this insulting post towards me, wow well done Muffler, great moderating!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They're not a mod of this forum though

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mc Love wrote: »
    Correct. I am jacksh1t in this thread and forum. ;)

Its a pity to see priestess belittling herself with the continuing snide comments though.

• Advertisement

Thank god for that!

muffler wrote: »
    Correct. I am jacksh1t in this thread and forum. ;)

Its a pity to see priestess belittling herself with the continuing snide comments though.

Nice try ;) find your own thread to insult members on. You can't faze me with this.

Can we all play nice with each other and hopefully get some wins

Love to ye all, take care stay safe

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Basic Boards.ie guidelines for all of you not following them above: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq

#bekind

ZombieMed wrote: »
    Basic Boards.ie guidelines for all of you not following them above: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq

#bekind

Thanks ZombieMed, a lesson to be learnt for all involved. I used to love posting competitions and hearing people winning. Yet here I am having to defend myself the past few days against mods and others posters alike. I'm afraid the shine has really taken off this pleasant thread since all the negative talk started.

Anyway, I truly hope we can all resolve any misunderstandings that might have arisen and pray that Gormal comes back to us when he/she is ready. A good man/woman indeed!

Best, P

• Advertisement

Keep posting competitions but dont try to backseat mod - maybe you could have a separate thread for paid comps? I would prefer to see the free ones in the main comp thread.

Keep posting competitions but dont try to backseat mod - maybe you could have a separate thread for paid comps? I would prefer to see the free ones in the main comp thread.

Paid comps? You mean purchase to enter like the Summer Tropicana £10,000 promotion or the daily free lottery etc?

Like any free daily lottery site, they earn money from advertising, they're investing a lot at the start to get it up and running. I think perhaps you are misunderstanding the 'free bonus cash' part of the site, and how that cash can't be accessed until you've had a syndicate win?

Also, I wonder if you don't understand comping as a hobby too - after all, that's spending time trying to win free things, be they cash, money, gadgets or whatever! And many of those comps are the daily plugging away at the instant wins, prize draws, spin the wheels etc - it costs us nothing but a second of our time to enter. You may not like the referral aspect, but that's how a lot of competitions work, reliant on people sharing to their friends or community. And I'm only going to win something if one of my friends wins anyway - if they don't check every day then they won't win a penny (and nor will I!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've no interest in referral-based or pay to enter competitions either - I think it's a great idea to have a separate thread or threads for these types of competitions, so that people who are interested can find them easily and so that those who aren't interested won't have to navigate around them.

dee_mc wrote: »
    I've no interest in referral-based or pay to enter competitions either - I think it's a great idea to have a separate thread or threads for these types of competitions, so that people who are interested can find them easily and so that those who aren't interested won't have to navigate around them.

Done, I created the Purchase Needed Competitions & Daily Free Lotteries threadS

Best, P

Great to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    JD Sports gift card only available to use in stores :(

I entered the coke competition quite regularly but I’m surprised with the come backs.

I’ve received 3 vouchers. It almost feels I’m being sent them by mistake. Have I just been very lucky or has anyone else received multiples?

Guys, the 'Win A House Competitions' thread is set up. I'lll be adding more Irish House raffles after the weekend for anybody who is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Do people have much success with Instagram competitions? They are becoming more frequent.

I never bother with FB comps as I don’t want to clog up friends feeds and the number for the comps always seem high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Do people have much success with Instagram competitions? They are become more frequent.

I never bother with FB comps as I don’t want to clog with friends feeds and the number for the comps always seem high.

I think I've won maybe one Instagram competition in the last year. A lot ask you to share to your story or tag loads of people which to me is on par with Facebook sharing/tagging. I find Twitter is the easiest to find competitions and less head wrecking for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Do people have much success with Instagram competitions? They are become more frequent.

I never bother with FB comps as I don’t want to clog with friends feeds and the number for the comps always seem high.

I have won a good few times on instagram, last time was a hamper 2 months ago.

• Advertisement

Any update on personalised named Skechers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any update on personalised named Skechers?

Nothing since I was informed of the delay. It shouldn't be a problem. Katie is the best CS person I've ever dealt with.
    We wouldn't be getting much wear out of them at the moment anyway.

Nothing since I was informed of the delay. It shouldn't be a problem. Katie is the best CS person I've ever dealt with.
    We wouldn't be getting much wear out of them at the moment anyway.

I fear my niece's foot will be too small by the time they arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

I have a few €€s to use up before the end of the month, had anyone noticed any pay to enter text comps, I have entered both on rte , I don't want to get into a subscription service so am very cautious, thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

I have won on Instagram but agree Twitter is best. I always avoid competitions that require you to post to your story on Instagram I just don’t want to
    have my feed clogged up with competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelle

The terms for this comp are conflicting

Win a four-night holiday on the pretty Greek island of Santorini
    https://www.cntraveller.com/article/...y-in-santorini?

https://cnda.condenast.co.uk/competition/tr/2020-06-TR-Adronis.html
    2. Entrant restrictions
    2.1 Open to UK and Eire residents only. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and proof of age will be required before the prize is dispatched.

https://www.condenast.co.uk/terms/competitions/

3. Eligibility Rules For Our Competitions
    3.1 Unless we impose a particular age limit in relation to any of our Competitions, they are open to all persons resident in the UK at the date of their entry

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭macguru

rebelle wrote: »
    The terms for this comp are conflicting

Win a four-night holiday on the pretty Greek island of Santorini
    https://www.cntraveller.com/article/...y-in-santorini?

https://cnda.condenast.co.uk/competition/tr/2020-06-TR-Adronis.html
    2. Entrant restrictions
    2.1 Open to UK and Eire residents only. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and proof of age will be required before the prize is dispatched.

https://www.condenast.co.uk/terms/competitions/

3. Eligibility Rules For Our Competitions
    3.1 Unless we impose a particular age limit in relation to any of our Competitions, they are open to all persons resident in the UK at the date of their entry

I think they have general competition terms and then one specific to individual competitions

I'm going with:
    2.1 Open to UK and Eire residents only.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Anyone received any info about the personalised skechers? I won't be contacting them unless people have started receiving them, but I found out one of my Coca Cola prizes had gone astray so wanted to ensure I wasn't missing this one. Coke are great though - sent out a new one once I contacted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ladymary

No nothing yet back from sketchers but i live in hope, held off buying new white runners waiting for mine to come..

• Advertisement

Nothing yet from Skechers

Advertisement