Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Was that online or instote

Online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

DontBanMe wrote: »
    The page won't load fully so I can't see the comp at all :(

Sometimes they have a link to click if the page doesn't load, but I don't see it here, anyone else spot it?

Opened fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,412 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

feargale wrote: »
    Here's a question from the Sports Joe Quiz no. 250:

"In what country are the 2021 Olympics in Tokyo taking place?"

Come on, Joe. You can do better than that.

I remember somebody on The Chase thinking Tokyo was in China so some people will probably get caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

How long left with the GIFT coca cola competition? is today the last day? I'm really surprised I haven't won, I've entered 5 times every day on two phones...

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    How long left with the GIFT coca cola competition? is today the last day? I'm really surprised I haven't won, I've entered 5 times every day on two phones...

Sunday is the last day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Food and drink quiz. 50 questions.

***Closing date is this Sunday at 10am.***

1st prize: Kenwood kMix KMX760.GD Kitchen Machine.

four runner-up prizes:
    A case of six wonderful Spanish wines to be enjoyed over the festive season. The mixed case has a value of more than €100.

€100 Aldi gift voucher.

Teeling Distillery Support Local Hamper valued at €100

Three-course dinner (voucher) for two in the Saddle Room restaurant at the Shelbourne Hotel.

https://www.irishtimes...s-1.4414693?mode=amp

I love these kind of comps. Needs a bit of work (10-15mins) turns off the less bothered competition enterererer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

four runner-up prizes:
    A case of six wonderful Spanish wines to be enjoyed over the festive season. The mixed case has a value of more than €100.

€100 Aldi gift voucher.

Three-course dinner (voucher) for two in the Saddle Room restaurant at the Shelbourne Hotel.

I love these kind of comps. Needs a bit of work (10-15mins) turns off the less bothered competition enterererer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

ShagNastii wrote: »

four runner-up prizes:

€100 Aldi gift voucher.

Didn’t deter me! And I learned a few things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Just getting around to it now. Very googleable so far. Would love the kmix but tis a rare comp where the runner up prizes are all quite decent. Crossing fingers now!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Condaris

@gormal just out of interest, how many wins do you get in an average month? You find so many comps!

• Advertisement

RJ12345 wrote: »
    Did anyone else win the M&Ms One4All voucher a few weeks ago and have you received it if so? I haven’t received mine and I’m not sure what to do.

Just to say that Finally ; two months after my lovely winning phonecall , after persisting against terrible customer service, daily phonecalls, messages, tweets, emails ,...my winning 65" TV has been delivered! Moral of the story; if you won a prize- keep chasing it!!!

Condaris wrote: »
    Just to say that Finally ; two months after my lovely winning phonecall , after persisting against terrible customer service, daily phonecalls, messages, tweets, emails ,...my winning 65" TV has been delivered! Moral of the story; if you won a prize- keep chasing it!!!

To be fair 2 months isn't that long. 28 days is the normal amount before I would start chasing and at the moment extra time would be expected. Why was there so much need to chase out of curiosity. I have chased prizes for months and one thing took over a year to get sorted, which was the worst and thankfully not the normal. I have won loads of prizes over the years and thankfully it is rare to have to chase. So just curious why you had so much contact, had they said it had been sent weeks ago or what was the issue?

When they called to confirm the first line of my address, they told me I would get a shipping notice emailed in a few days, so when I heard nothing for weeks I was getting suspicious, the fact our old tv was on the way out too didn't help my patience! :D

When they called to confirm the first line of my address, they told me I would get a shipping notice emailed in a few days, so when I heard nothing for weeks I was getting suspicious, the fact our old tv was on the way out too didn't help my patience! :D

Ah I know it is annoying when you are waiting every day and thinking it will come. Who did you win it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Beleza2020

Gormal wrote: »
    Caboodle hidden books game answers

The Musical Crayfish = Where The Crawdads Sing
    Mum Sister ? = Girl, Woman, Other
    the vinyl in the window = Daisy Jones and the Six
    Roomate wanted = The Flatshare
    The corgi = Queenie
    Frankenstein = A monster calls
    Canal London Birmingham = Grand Union
    The jeweller = The Lord of the Rings
    Two hams in the butcher's window = Hamnet
    The cafe funiculi funicula = Before the Coffee Gets Cold
    The Bookshop = Orlando
    Beef & Lamb Bazaar = Meat Market
    Thomas Treasures = The Mirror and The Light
    Sunflowers = A Thousand Splendid Suns
    Bennetts Supplies = The Vanishing Half
    Railway stations shop = The Underground Railroad
    The telescope = The Amber Spyglass
    Talking Tuesdays = Conversations with Friends
    The bees heart = Beloved
    the girl and the cereal = My sister the serial killer

Literally just joined so I could say thank you! I would never have gotten them all!!

Hi all, love this thread! Hope to post some links and hopefully some wins

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DublinGirl738

“ Sorry. The promotion is only open from 02/11/2020 - 29/11/2020.”

Got this when I went to enter the GIFT competition. Feel like I’m the only one on here that didn’t win from this despite entertaining 5 times a day since it started

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Got this when I went to enter the GIFT competition. Feel like I’m the only one on here that didn’t win from this despite entertaining 5 times a day since it started

I got the same message. I didn’t win either,

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

TheJet wrote: »
    I got the same message. I didn’t win either,

I didn't win either, there are thousands entering every day, we were very lucky that we had so many winners in here
    Roll on the next text comp, I love them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

I didn't win either, I entered every day on two phones. I think they might ring some more winners Monday though from Saturday's entries

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Ah I know it is annoying when you are waiting every day and thinking it will come. Who did you win it with.

Sorry for the delay, it was with Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭DontBanMe

I was entering 5 times per day on two phones and didn't win either!

I just noticed with the Tesco comp. On the terms it says on one part there is only one entry per person and in the terms further town it says one entry per day. So that is obviously what is causing the issue. It is only one entry but again who every posted the terms on the company website didn't update it and just copied and pasted a previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

I think I won a "Reindeer Ready" jumper on the McDonald's competition, on the basis of a delivery notice from dpd.

Delighted with that, and thank you for posting (sorry, on the mobile and find trying to search a thread impossible)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

Anyone enter the Muffin Sisters competition, it subscribed you to a newsletter. All grand, just normal but after the competition I tried unsubscribing 5 times now. Having to just block them as they won't remove me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Karlson1

MsStote wrote: »
    Anyone enter the Muffin Sisters competition, it subscribed you to a newsletter. All grand, just normal but after the competition I tried unsubscribing 5 times now. Having to just block them as they won't remove me :/

I had the same problem. 3 or 4 emails a day and tried unsubscribing 5 times. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

@gormal just out of interest, how many wins do you get in an average month? You find so many comps!

Firstly I'm listing them for you guys on the thread. I don't enter half of them

But I win at least 3 a month and I'm happy with that.

I'd say my Karma is balanced

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Three a month - I'd be happy with once a month or two

But so many thanks for all the work you do for the thread

What's Cleanmarine? Was afraid to to Google or enter lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What's Cleanmarine? Was afraid to to Google or enter lol.

It's not one of those types of sites :eek:

• Advertisement

Just worried what my local postie would deliver if I said I use it.

Advertisement