Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

ZombieMed wrote: »
    For anyone using gift house I think vouchers that aren't labelled as e-gift vouchers incur a delivery charge. Both the delivery charge and service charge aren't available until you go to checkout which I think is quite disingenuous. They mention a request at point of purchase as whether it goes via email or post but I didn't get an option.

Can I recommend for people buying toys, the Smyths voucher is an e-voucher too. Arrived within 13 hours of my order so I ordered something click and collect. It was ready for collection 30 minutes after my order. There's a service charge on the gift house checkout for it, as with all orders.
    They have a delivery charge now but it didn't when I got mine. I only paid the admin charge. Out of curiosity I checked today and now they are charging delivery charge and admin fee. Mine was a physical dunnes card

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭cbee20

If anyone would like it feel free to message me. Can't see myself booking any holidays any time soon

I got one of those €10 vouchers too but it stated that the voucher would expire after 24 hours.... a useless prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

Win a €1,500 voucher to design your own dream ring from My Unique Ring by Tuula (need to choose from options and submit the design to discuss with the goldsmiths (I’d put in the enquiry section that I’m just entering the competition, don’t want anyone calling me): https://www.image.ie/competitions/win-1500-voucher-design-dream-ring-my-unique-ring-tuula-226128

Just an FYI none of the rings are under €2700 so will have to pay at least €1300 for a bog standard version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

cbee20 wrote: »
    I got one of those €10 vouchers too but it stated that the voucher would expire after 24 hours.... a useless prize.

Was that not the time to claim it? I didn't bother as what use is a tenner off on the Gift house site :p

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

I claimed one of the box of 5 chocolates from Butler's (three plus) but won't use it now. If anyone wants it I'll screenshot the code for you to use. If they don't have that one in stock there's usually a similar one you can pick.

Available again. It's in store so you need to have a Butler's cafe nearby. Code to be used by December 31st.

• Advertisement

Available again. Instore redemption by December 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Available again. Instore redemption by December 31st.

can i have it?

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    can i have it?

Sure thing, will pm link.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 OzKennard

Is anyone having issues with the text comps run by return2sender (the coca-cola ones mainly)

None of my texts to 50400 are getting replies.

This happened once before and I emailed their "info" email address and they came back and said I was "unblocked" and could enter again

Now the emails are bouncing back as undeliverable, the phone rings out and the website wont open for me (might be my malware tho!)

Just finding it very fishy!

Also, I was lucky to win one of the €50 Gift House vouchers with Coca Cola (the irony of this and my last post!)

I'm 99.9% certain I got the email from them, but think I accidentally deleted it, and must have be more than 7 days ago as I tried a refresh with yahoo and didn't retrieve it.

I rang and they said to email them. So I did and they replied that they can confirm I was a winner and the email was sent to the email address provided (I'm not disputing that) however they will need to speak with their IT provider to see if re-sending is an option.

Maybe I am naive to the process but surly they have a list of all the winners emails address's and the codes allocated to them?

Anyone potentially loose a prize cause of a blonde moment like that? Any come back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

OzKennard wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues with the text comps run by return2sender (the coca-cola ones mainly)

None of my texts to 50400 are getting replies.

This happened once before and I emailed their "info" email address and they came back and said I was "unblocked" and could enter again

Now the emails are bouncing back as undeliverable, the phone rings out and the website wont open for me (might be my malware tho!)

Just finding it very fishy!

I'm not getting any replies from the 50400 number either. Even the WhatsApp Christmas one has stopped working for me now

I'm not getting any replies from the 50400 number either. Even the WhatsApp Christmas one has stopped working for me now

The more experienced bods here will give better advices, but I'm sure I read that some providers will block some mobile numbers for excessive entries, even though they are within the terms and conditions of the comp. eg one entry per person per day.

Like I said, last time this happened me I emailed the provider (which happened to be return2sender) and they said they would unblock me. Next day it was all back to normal replys.

This time, I cant even contact them?

The more experienced bods here will give better advices, but I'm sure I read that some providers will block some mobile numbers for excessive entries, even though they are within the terms and conditions of the comp. eg one entry per person per day.

Like I said, last time this happened me I emailed the provider (which happened to be return2sender) and they said they would unblock me. Next day it was all back to normal replys.

This time, I cant even contact them?

I tried emailing them too and no response either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If you are with 48 or gomo they you won't get replies from 50100 or 50400.

DopeTech wrote: »
    If you are with 48 or gomo they you won't get replies from 50100 or 50400.

I have an eir sim I use for the 50100 and 50400 numbers.

I have an eir sim I use for the 50100 and 50400 numbers.

Yeah these short codes seem to be problematic on mnvos, they deliver to my 3 sim also.

Yeah these short codes seem to be problematic on mnvos, they deliver to my 3 sim also.

"STAYCATION" and "SHOP" to 50400

I'm with Three.

OH is with Vodafone and they are getting texts back straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Onity

"STAYCATION" and "SHOP" to 50400

I'm with Three.

OH is with Vodafone and they are getting texts back straight away.

I'm with Vodafone and I've stopped getting replies too. Usually happens randomly about once a year and then I email return2sender who unblock me, but can't get through to anyone this time to fix it, which is annoying :/

Onity wrote: »
    I'm with Vodafone and I've stopped getting replies too. Usually happens randomly about once a year and then I email return2sender who unblock me, but can't get through to anyone this time to fix it, which is annoying :/
    I've just sent them a message through Facebook so will let yous know if I've any luck

I'm with Eir and I'm getting replies from 50400. Getting replies from WhatsApp ones too but sometimes it doesn't come till the next day.

• Advertisement

Tried tweeting return2sender and they've blocked me, weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What is the Coca Cola prize with 50400?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Carriecom

I claimed one of the box of 5 chocolates from Butler's (three plus) but won't use it now. If anyone wants it I'll screenshot the code for you to use. If they don't have that one in stock there's usually a similar one you can pick.

Available again. It's in store so you need to have a Butler's cafe nearby. Code to be used by December 31st.

I'd be delighted with this if still available..very kind offer...thanks

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is the Coca Cola prize with 50400?

The shop one is a €100 voucher for eurospar. The STAYCATION one is €500 Clayton Hotel voucher and tayto Park voucher

Tried tweeting return2sender and they've blocked me, weird!

All very strange indeed.
    They don't seem to be contactable in any form anymore.
    Makes you wonder are they still up and running?
    Makes me somewhat suspicious about any comps they are down as marketing agent for? My personal opinion only!

All very strange indeed.
    They don't seem to be contactable in any form anymore.
    Makes you wonder are they still up and running?
    Makes me somewhat suspicious about any comps they are down as marketing agent for? My personal opinion only!

I have won a few times from those text in to 50400, so not sure if the issue is with the service provider or maybe any restrictions the pr company that run it set.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

Has anyone been charged for these text comps my phone bill is extraordinarily high

Ive checked and it is saying it from texts , The only thing ive done different last month is enter these texts

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭buttonsc

GipsyMoth wrote: »
    Has anyone been charged for these text comps my phone bill is extraordinarily high

Ive checked and it is saying it from texts , The only thing ive done different last month is enter these texts

I have just checked balance before and after, sending 2 txts to 50400 and no charge. I am with vodafone.

GipsyMoth wrote: »

Surely it has a breakdown of which ones cost and how much? Do you have a certain amount of sms each month? Perhaps you went over that. 50400 and 50100 are both free text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

Surely it has a breakdown of which ones cost and how much? Do you have a certain amount of sms each month? Perhaps you went over that. 50400 and 50100 are both free text.

The 51400 was used for a competition recently, that one isn't free (not hugely expensive if just text once, but could build up)

Advertisement