Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Weird one from SHOP today.
    Got a reply saying "please text VALID within five minutes to complete your entry".
    I did that and next reply was "you can only enter once per mobile".
    My partner entered it around 12 and he didn't get the valid message and he does it ever day too, but never early in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭macguru

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    What competition was 51203

Win your shopping.

M

macguru wrote: »
    Win your shopping.

M

I must have missed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Calls going out now for the recent centra €50 WhatsApp. My relative won one. Fingers crossed for me:-)

ZombieMed wrote: »
    Calls going out now for the recent centra €50 WhatsApp. My relative won one. Fingers crossed for me:-)

Is it a private number or Dublin number

• Advertisement

Anyone got the details for the 51203 competition I can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

It is Dublin number I won one delighted

quote="Kittykat67;115580050"]Is it a private number or Dublin number[/quote]

Anyone got the details for the 51203 competition I can't find it

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115581200&postcount=1681

Just posted it, was sure I had seen it here, maybe not, still going until 31st December.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

cbee20 wrote: »
    Win a TECH TASTIC prize bundle.
    Freetext '7UP' to 50400

Anyone else get you've exceeded the number of entries allowed, was my first entry

fritzelly wrote: »
    Anyone else get you've exceeded the number of entries allowed, was my first entry

That was the competition that was posted the start of November and said the opening date was I think the 10 of November but when we all tried to enter it said the opening date hadn't come. I said at the time it was probably a mistake and they meant Dec as its open till January. I tried today and it said I'd already entered even though the day I tried it wasn't open. My partner tried today and he hadn't done it in November and he got a reply saying he was entered and just one entry. If u check I bet u entered in November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Onity

fritzelly wrote: »

It's probably because you entered this:
    Text 7up to 50400 with britvic ( starts 11th but got a reply saying not started yet ��)
    which originally said in the Ts&Cs started on November 11th but they've updated it to say it started on December 9th here:
    https://www.britvic.com/~/media/Files/B/Britvic-V3/documents/competitions/Tesco%20Text%20to%20Win%20with%207UP%20-%20TCs.pdf

Think that's how/why I was maybe blocked from 50400, for entering too early even though it was their mistake :/

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Is it a private number or Dublin number

It was dublin, the one staying with 01 55 used for some notifications of the GIFT prizes. Not a mobile.

Onity wrote: »
    It's probably because you entered this:

which originally said in the Ts&Cs started on November 11th but they've updated it to say it started on December 9th here:
    https://www.britvic.com/~/media/Files/B/Britvic-V3/documents/competitions/Tesco%20Text%20to%20Win%20with%207UP%20-%20TCs.pdf

Think that's how/why I was maybe blocked from 50400, for entering too early even though it was their mistake :/
    I don't think that is the reason as I entered it too and got the message saying it wasn't open yet. I was still getting replies from the other competitions bar the ones that were only one entry. Are u getting replies from the shop and STAYCATION ones at the moment. I still am. At the end of the day they are all separate promotions so even if we go over the entry rules for 1 it should not have relevance to other ones.

Coca cola are looking into the lack of response/possibly blocked for 50400, will let yous know what they say.

Got a response from Coca-cola

Thank you for your email to Coca-Cola HBC.

I have contacted Return2sender regarding the below issue which you have stated in your email. They have responded to say 'The service provider Return2Sender has not sent a reply to their number because Return2Sender received SMS on 50400 from their number for non Coca-Cola campaigns where the campaigns have since ended.
    All of the SMS that you have sent to this promotion and other Coca Cola promotions have been added to the draw and they will be included in the draw in the normal way'

(Edited for brevity)

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards

R****** G******* (I've redacted the name)
    Consumer Response

So it looks like you get black/grey listed if you enter competitions after they have closed or enter a competition using the wrong number 50100 as opposed to 50400 etc

M

I don't think that is the reason as I entered it too and got the message saying it wasn't open yet. I was still getting replies from the other competitions bar the ones that were only one entry. Are u getting replies from the shop and STAYCATION ones at the moment. I still am. At the end of the day they are all separate promotions so even if we go over the entry rules for 1 it should not have relevance to other ones.

Nope, I'm not getting any replies to any texts sent to 50400.
    Got the same response as macguru above to my email!

Nope, I'm not getting any replies to any texts sent to 50400.
    Got the same response as macguru above to my email!

Oh OK sorry. I don't know its a strange one. When did you get a reply from a comp last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Verbatim email from them as well
    "I have contacted Return2sender regarding the below issue which you have stated in your email. They have responded to say 'The service provider Return2Sender has not sent a reply to their number because Return2Sender received SMS on 50400 from their number for non Coca-Cola campaigns where the campaigns either don't exist or have long since ended. All of the SMS that you have sent to this promotion and other Coca Cola promotions have been added to the draw and they will be included in the draw in the normal way'

I'd say we're blocked. No response from Christmas one since about half way through, know it's finished now. No response to shop or staycation one from the start. No replies since 19th November. I think Tesco one is what did it for me as it did say once per day as well as once only

Oh OK sorry. I don't know its a strange one. When did you get a reply from a comp last

On the 17th of November, from Tesco, stating: "You can only enter once per mobile. You have exceed the number of entries allowed for this promotion" even though at that stage Ts&Cs said one entry per day was permitted, and I had been receiving replies for my previous entries.

They have since removed those Ts&Cs and the page is blank:
    https://ie.coca-colahellenic.com/en/our-24-7-portfolio/brand-news/Win-a-Tesco-gift-card-with-Coca-Cola

but the cached version which states "Maximum 1 entry per day per person." is available here:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VeT3izjXhGcJ:https://ie.coca-colahellenic.com/en/our-24-7-portfolio/brand-news/Win-a-Tesco-gift-card-with-Coca-Cola+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

Verbatim email from them as well
    "I have contacted Return2sender regarding the below issue which you have stated in your email. They have responded to say 'The service provider Return2Sender has not sent a reply to their number because Return2Sender received SMS on 50400 from their number for non Coca-Cola campaigns where the campaigns either don't exist or have long since ended. All of the SMS that you have sent to this promotion and other Coca Cola promotions have been added to the draw and they will be included in the draw in the normal way'

I'd say we're blocked. No response from Christmas one since about half way through, know it's finished now. No response to shop or staycation one from the start. No replies since 19th November. I think Tesco one is what did it for me as it did say once per day as well as once only

I've used the Return2sender.ie contact us page to request that I'm unblocked.

M

On the 17th of November, from Tesco, stating: "You can only enter once per mobile. You have exceed the number of entries allowed for this promotion" even though at that stage Ts&Cs said one entry per day was permitted, and I had been receiving replies for my previous entries.

https://ie.coca-colahellenic.com/en/our-24-7-portfolio/brand-news/Win-a-Tesco-gift-card-with-Coca-Cola

but the cached version which states "Maximum 1 entry per day per person." is available here:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VeT3izjXhGcJ:https://ie.coca-colahellenic.com/en/our-24-7-portfolio/brand-news/Win-a-Tesco-gift-card-with-Coca-Cola+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

There's probably a line that states that the terms and conditions may change..

M

• Advertisement

I had checked the terms and at the start of the terms it had one entry only and then further down it had one entry per day, so I reckon it was one entry only and the terms hadn't been updated and were just a copy and paste job from a previous competition. But I was the same was getting replies each day till half way through when they stopped.

I had checked the terms and at the start of the terms it had one entry only and then further down it had one entry per day, so I reckon it was one entry only and the terms hadn't been updated and were just a copy and paste job from a previous competition. But I was the same was getting replies each day till half way through when they stopped.
    There's probably a line that states that the terms and conditions may change..

M

Even if the terms changed or they were copied and pasted, it still seems incredibly unfair to blacklist/block someone when it was the promotor's error and they entered on the basis that the terms and conditions were correct at the time.

Sorry for banging on about it, I think I'm just grumpy because I love me a good text comp and I can't enter anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Even if the terms changed or they were copied and pasted, it still seems incredibly unfair to blacklist/block someone when it was the promotor's error and they entered on the basis that the terms and conditions were correct at the time.

Sorry for banging on about it, I think I'm just grumpy because I love me a good text comp and I can't enter anymore :pac:

Fully agree with you - if only one entry allowed their system should be able to disregard more than 1. They should link all t&cs in response if entering more than once is an issue.

I can only assume they’d be embarrassed/ annoyed at Coke being contacted (a big customer/ client) sounds like an awkward kinda response that Coke had to relay

No replies = no entries: I’d find it hard to believe it could be any other way

Fully agree with you - if only one entry allowed their system should be able to disregard more than 1. They should link all t&cs in response if entering more than once is an issue.

I can only assume they’d be embarrassed/ annoyed at Coke being contacted (a big customer/ client) sounds like an awkward kinda response that Coke had to relay

No replies = no entries: I’d find it hard to believe it could be any other way

Lets hope we're all whitelisted for the 'big client' sake :-)

Lets hope we're all whitelisted for the 'big client' sake :-)

Would you believe it macguru, I figured I’d try sending a text to 50400 just now, and it appears that I have indeed been whitelisted... because I got my first response since November! :D

Would you believe it macguru, I figured I’d try sending a text to 50400 just now, and it appears that I have indeed been whitelisted... because I got my first response since November! :D

Let's be careful out there!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Me too 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Mine have now stopped. Tried 7UP and MCDONNELLS and no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 10,411 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

SHOP is back to normal for me but no reply from 7up.

• Advertisement

SHOP is back to normal for me but no reply from 7up.

Did u enter the 7up one when it was first posted in November. Its only one entry so if u entered it previously they probably won't reply, even though it wasn't open then it is still saying you we previously entered

Advertisement