Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭cbee20

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Did u enter the 7up one when it was first posted in November. Its only one entry so if u entered it previously they probably won't reply, even though it wasn't open then it is still saying you we previously entered

I didn't receive a reply either. I presumed it was a new competition as the advertising poster was new this week in my local Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

cbee20 wrote: »
    I didn't receive a reply either. I presumed it was a new competition as the advertising poster was new this week in my local Tesco!

It was posted the start of November but had the wrong opening date, so unfortunately alot of us entered too early

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

ZombieMed wrote: »
    Win €1000 – requires purchase of weekend newspaper for unique code inside: https://www.irishtimes.com/competitions/christmasgiveaway2020

Is anybody else having problems finding the form for entering the Irish Times weekend competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

imfml wrote: »
    Is anybody else having problems finding the form for entering the Irish Times weekend competition?

It's not there. I followed a link from an email I got with an entry code (digital subscription). It says enter below, but there is only the name of last week's winner followed by the terms and conditions.

Not just me so, hopefully they fix it over the weekend to enter my code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gangu

I don’t know how many comps I’ve entered this year. Countless. And nada. What am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Carriecom

Gangu wrote: »
    I don’t know how many comps I’ve entered this year. Countless. And nada. What am I doing wrong?

I hear ya. I've entered every competition going this year..everything! I did have one win..a jar of Ballymaloe chutney!! ha ha. It's worth persisting..it's the luck of the draw.Your name will come out and you might win something lovely :) Fingers crossed for you!

Gangu wrote: »

I've been entering competitions through this thread for years and have had a handful of small wins along the way. Even a small win is nice, like the Coca Cola premier league jerseys alot of people won during the summer. Last year I won a €1000 euro travel voucher just before a holiday to the rugby world cup which made for a nice hotel upgrade! Stick with it and be patient and a nice win will come along I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Gangu, I'm seconding everything written above. It's a numbers game, totally. I was lucky enough to win a €50 voucher from coca cola recently but only on the last day. I had reminders set every day to enter too. That said, my winnings are over €800 value this year (starting recording them a while ago to see how i was doing). I was lucky enough to win a holiday a year or 2 ago as well after entering comps for more than 20 years. I've never won an Instagram prize, though I've entered loads in the last year. I don't enter competitions for prizes I don't want. Set reminders and keep a note of end dates for the daily text ones. Go low value too, as many turn their nose up at those. If you'll use a prize it's as good as a cash prize.

If you haven't been entering them, the text comps that coke run are lucrative and you shouldn't miss an entry. Sometimes they require special codes too. If you're not a coke drinker but work with others ask for their labels to enter if they won't use them.

Ask family to collect tokens or codes in newspaper comps if you don't buy them yourself, many don't care about entering. Always enter a slogan comp, you'll be surprised at what wins. Set some time aside to enter ones that take effort. They always have a reduced entry number.

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ninkynonk1

imfml wrote: »

I just checked It page, entry form still not showing. Hope they extend the deadline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

cbee20 wrote: »
    Win a TECH TASTIC prize bundle.
    Freetext '7UP' to 50400

The Prize: Tech Prize bundle including:a.1 x games console(PS5 or equivalent)b.1 x Apple Watchc.1 x iPhone11d.1 x Go Pro e.1 x Apple Air Pods

ROI, 18+ only. Promotional Period: 00.01 IST on 11th November 2020–23.59 IST on 5th January2021.
    Max 1entry per person

Gormal wrote: »
    The Prize: Tech Prize bundle including:a.1 x games console(PS5 or equivalent)b.1 x Apple Watchc.1 x iPhone11d.1 x Go Pro e.1 x Apple Air Pods

ROI, 18+ only. Promotional Period: 00.01 IST on 11th November 2020–23.59 IST on 5th January2021.
    Max 1entry per person
    This is the one that is causing issues, originally it had the Nov 11 but when we entered it wasn't opened. But now that it has opened in December because we entered too early it now says we already entered. They opdated the terms now to December

ninkynonk1 wrote: »
    I just checked It page, entry form still not showing. Hope they extend the deadline.

The Irish Times has it sorted now, finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

This is the one that is causing issues, originally it had the Nov 11 but when we entered it wasn't opened. But now that it has opened in December because we entered too early it now says we already entered. They opdated the terms now to December

Surely they are counting the entry though, if it says already entered.

May be a good chance to win if they had fewer entries!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Cal04

Is it a unique code or same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

just out of curiosity, did anyone on here win the Christmas Dunnes card?? Was sure someone might but haven't heard...I was hoping but nope not me.....

Gormal wrote: »
    Surely they are counting the entry though, if it says already entered.

The first time it said it wasn't open and then the second time this month said I had exceeded entries. But not sure because If the first entry went in before the opening date would it be included. It does not seem to be but hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭macguru

Cal04 wrote: »
    Is it a unique code or same one?

Which comp was this?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Cal04

macguru wrote: »
    Which comp was this?

M

The Irish Times one

• Advertisement

Cal04 wrote: »
    The Irish Times one

Thanks, which one specifically?

M

Thanks, which one specifically?

M

It was this one... https://www.irishtimes.com/competitions/christmasgiveaway2020

It is a unique code.

Which comp was this?

M

Irish Times Weekend Magazine and it is a unique code.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

snowgal wrote: »
    just out of curiosity, did anyone on here win the Christmas Dunnes card?? Was sure someone might but haven't heard...I was hoping but nope not me.....

I didn't :( was it just one?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I didn't :( was it just one?

I think there was 5

Just got a call (mobile number), won a Cadbury Hamper and a €50 Supervalu gift card.

Happy Tuesday!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just got a call (mobile number), won a Cadbury Hamper and a €50 Supervalu gift card.

Happy Tuesday!

M

So jealous!! Congrats :)

Happy Tuesday!

M
    Congratulations was that from the supervalu website

Congratulations was that from the supervalu website

Not 100% as they had one on their facebook too for similar and I had entered both.

M

• Advertisement

Not 100% as they had one on their facebook too for similar and I had entered both.

M
    Enjoy it, nice treat for Christmas

Advertisement