Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I'm still waiting to hear if I won the piano (Universe, you listening) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I won a prize in the Weber Advent Calendar! Thank you to whoever posted the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did anyone who won from MandMs get their gift card yet, I know An Post is slow at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RJ12345

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did anyone who won from MandMs get their gift card yet, I know An Post is slow at the moment
    I still haven't received mine.

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I think there was 5

Well I won none :( having a dry spell for wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭claudiaaims

Did anyone ever notice that when you enter facebook comps for reasonable good prizes such as hotel stays, i-phones, vouchers ect. that the same few names are always at the top of the Comment page time after time. Is there an app or a programme in use to achieve this. Or is it just my imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Did anyone ever notice that when you enter facebook comps for reasonable good prizes such as hotel stays, i-phones, vouchers ect. that the same few names are always at the top of the Comment page time after time. Is there an app or a programme in use to achieve this. Or is it just my imagination.

If you're talking about when only top comments are selected in your facebook feed it's probably that they are top fans (a badge given by the page if they interact with it). On all comments they might be the first ones to comment, because they have notifications enabled, and thus are commenting first. Might just be that they're a page noted for comps and the same few enter them all. For well-known, reputable companies, I wouldn't read anything into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Anyone having trouble entering the joe.ie competition?
    It won't accept my phone number for some reason, wondering is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

dee_mc wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble entering the joe.ie competition?
    It won't accept my phone number for some reason, wondering is it just me?

Skip the phone number as already advised

edit - Gormal already posted it a few posts earlier than JP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,993 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's great there's a few posts cropping up saying people have won stuff. Nice to see fellow boards users win stuff (it'd obviously be even better if I won anything!)

It's also reassuring proof that these things are actually winnable.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

For anyone who won on the SV/ Centra WhatsApp comps my €200 digital Giftcard went into my spam folder this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Daisybear

Got an email there to say I won one of the mace christmas hampers, thank you to whoever posted it. Happy Christmas ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

Amazing win was the wine cooler a month back. Unluckily/Luckily my own freezer died while they were waiting for new stock to come. I chanced my arm and they sent me a new freezer! I am so incredibly happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ninkynonk1

Does anyone remember a competition for The Natural Confectionery Company? I received a phonecall either late November/early December to say I had won and my details were taken but have still not received the prize. I thought it was run by Centra but can't be certain, it could have been Supervalu either and I would like to follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

ninkynonk1 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a competition for The Natural Confectionery Company? I received a phonecall either late November/early December to say I had won and my details were taken but have still not received the prize. I thought it was run by Centra but can't be certain, it could have been Supervalu either and I would like to follow up.

Supervalu ran one that ended 4th Nov, this is an old link about it from competitions.ie: https://www.irishcompetitions.ie/competitions/win-with-the-natural-confectionery-company/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ninkynonk1

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just received a dpd delivery notification. Looks like I won a mcdonald's Xmas jumper!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

DopeTech wrote: »
    Just received a dpd delivery notification. Looks like I won a mcdonald's Xmas jumper!

Got the same. Could be the Bauble? Wife won a jumper at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Got the same. Could be the Bauble? Wife won a jumper at the start

Ah right, well a win is a win!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

Daisybear wrote: »
    Got an email there to say I won one of the mace christmas hampers, thank you to whoever posted it. Happy Christmas ☺️

So did I, I'm going to share it with the postman :D

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Aye sorry it ended yesterday, the date on it was the answer to a question. Would be nice if they said the competition closed.

Anyone remember a competition with udaras na gaeltachta for a hamper? I received a phone call but this one I just do not remember. Then again it could be months ago.

I'm having an issue with the Deliveroo competition. It won't accept my number, it is an 083 number. For example 083 010 0000 in the right boxes but I get "please enter a valid phone number"
    Tried another browser and same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

MsStote wrote: »
    Anyone remember a competition with udaras na gaeltachta for a hamper? I received a phone call but this one I just do not remember. Then again it could be months ago.

I'm having an issue with the Deliveroo competition. It won't accept my number, it is an 083 number. For example 083 010 0000 in the right boxes but I get "please enter a valid phone number"

They had one on Facebook but it probably wasn't that one of u got a call

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭cbee20

That was an RTE guide competition posted on 7 Dec.
    ''Win two Gaeltacht Hampers
    Email your answer to rteguide@rte.ie including your name, address and telephone number. Label your email 'Gaeltacht Competition'. Closes Friday December 18th.
    Ans: a) 1980''

Congrats on the win. Enjoy the hamper.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Same here 086 number

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Don't enter your number

AHHH omg I was happy at the time but this is even cooler than I expected! Christ I have had so many crap things happen lately that this is a ray of sunshine. Woo happy dance!

Aye sorry it ended yesterday, the date on it was the answer to a question. Would be nice if they said the competition closed.

:o;)

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Don't enter your number

Perfection that worked!

Advertisement