Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

cbee20 wrote: »
    That was an RTE guide competition posted on 7 Dec.
    ''Win two Gaeltacht Hampers
    Email your answer to rteguide@rte.ie including your name, address and telephone number. Label your email 'Gaeltacht Competition'. Closes Friday December 18th.
    Ans: a) 1980''

Congrats on the win. Enjoy the hamper.:)

Just found out that they sent it via DPD, got to Cork and then it was "damaged"... looks like someone at DPD is gonna have a nice Christmas meal :( The woman sending it was so apologetic but sure not her fault at all. Hopefully receive one in the new year!

Sorry meant to say thank you for posting up the info. I appreciate you putting up the details on how to enter, you're a star!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Got the same. Could be the Bauble? Wife won a jumper at the start

It was the big mac bauble!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ninkynonk1

DANONE Dunnes competition, got a call yesterday to say I won 2 night stay with breakfast for 2 x adults and 2 x children (age 0-16) to Delphi Adventure Resort with 1 x dinner, 1.5 days of activities, 2 hour admission into the adult-only thermal spa, a family board game and €250 spending money. Delighted. Thanks to the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Delphi is fabulous a real zone out place stunning scenery and great activities you will love it. The food is great and the spa is to die for. The only drawback is you won’t be using your phone as there is poor phone and internet coverage in that area.
    ninkynonk1 wrote: »
    DANONE Dunnes competition, got a call yesterday to say I won 2 night stay with breakfast for 2 x adults and 2 x children (age 0-16) to Delphi Adventure Resort with 1 x dinner, 1.5 days of activities, 2 hour admission into the adult-only thermal spa, a family board game and €250 spending money. Delighted. Thanks to the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Happy Xmas everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,380 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Laughlin

Hey all, just out of interest, did anyone receive the Friends items won from that Bagel Competition?

I feel like it was so long ago, yet nothing has arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Laughlin wrote: »
    Hey all, just out of interest, did anyone receive the Friends items won from that Bagel Competition?

I won 2 things in August and got them in 3 weeks. I won again in September when there was a glitch and every spin won and I never got them. I'm thinking the second time as every one was winning maybe there wasn't enough prizes

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Laughlin

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I won 2 things in August and got them in 3 weeks. I won again in September when there was a glitch and every spin won and I never got them. I'm thinking the second time as every one was winning maybe there wasn't enough prizes

That makes sense since I won like 4 things out of 5 tries lol

Kay so I found two sites which list the gleam competitions. I had a close friend win an item worth €550 on a competition so they are legit as I am sure most of you know. You get notified by email if you win.

We have the first site which tries to list out every competition: http://gleamlist.com/

The second site is aptly named https://bestofgleam.com/ which lists out some of the same ones but it goes by what are legitly awesome prizes.

I personally just do one entry per competition. A really quick one is sign up a twitch account to it, the "Follow X person on twitch" is a button that automatically does it with no effort. Otherwise I try to do visit X page as you can quickly close the tab or follow on twitter.

• Advertisement

I've enter near 1,500 of the gleam contests in the last 24hrs... I swear to god if I do not win anything. I will however inform you if I do!

Another one is www.Vast.gg they use gleam and have the best sponsored giveaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

If anyone would like to tag me on Twitter or Instagram comps I am @exotichotnurse or Elvira Oredein on Facebook. I am from Dublin and would love some local friends to tag or be tagged in competitions. Thanks guys good luck in the comping New Year 2021!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,081 ✭✭✭✭muffler

MsStote wrote: »
    I've enter near 1,500 of the gleam contests in the last 24hrs....
    You need to get out more often :D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

muffler wrote: »

out where there's a pandemic :confused:

muffler wrote: »
    lol pandemic and snowed in. I ain't going no where!
    I mean I am playing read dead 2 at the moment and while auto traveling to an area I am doing the gleam competitions. Time management!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...quiz-1.4444255

The name the person in the photo part is tough.

Allow me be the one to ask. Who are these people????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

@fritzelly, that won't get all.

I have the following:

Bastien Grandgeorge, CEO Decathlon Ireland
    Anne Heraty, CPL
    Rose Hynes??

Can anyone confirm #3 and give any clue to #4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yep Anne Heathy is the only one that brings something back.

The first is the CEO of Decathlon Ireland.

Well it took a couple days but on that gleamlist site there are 1550 competitions. I went through every single one and entered 710 lmao I swear to god if I do not win something!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Well it took a couple days but on that gleamlist site there are 1550 competitions. I went through every single one and entered 710 lmao I swear to god if I do not win something!!!

I wouldn't hold out hope with the number of entries. Anyway at least they're easy to enter.

ZombieMed wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold out hope with the number of entries. Anyway at least they're easy to enter.

Aye with some they didn't have to many as they are small influencers. The irish contests are easier as there is not as much of a culture here to enter competitions like say in the USA

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Laughlin wrote: »

I have just gotten all the friends stuff in the door this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭macguru

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I have just gotten all the friends stuff in the door this morning

Just got one of the tins, have a feeling I'll be getting all the stuff piecemeal, postie will hate me ....LoL

M

Happy New Year and hope wins for all in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Condaris

Happy new year all,
    Has anyone got the Irish times Magazine code from yesterday? Every online version I can find is blacked out..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,410 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Condaris wrote: »
    Happy new year all,
    Has anyone got the Irish times Magazine code from yesterday? Every online version I can find is blacked out..

So that's how ye do it!
    I never thought of that.
    Can the codes be found online sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

Condaris wrote: »
    Happy new year all,

I'm a subscriber so they email me a code. My code from yesterday was KVFIVE5.
    It doesn't read to me like a truly unique code so might be worth a try?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Gormal

sceptical wrote: »
    I wonder if after Brexit these UK competitions will block Ireland? The hassle of customs declarations for parcels and maybe fear of duty/taxes could put them off?

Taken from An Post website - defo put me off (Gifts can be up to €45 in value, but that includes shipping etc)

Great Britain is no longer a member of the European Union and in accordance with relevant VAT law, there is a requirement that VAT is calculated/charged on all third country (Non-EU) goods.

From 1 January 2021: VAT will be calculated/charged on Non-EU items over €22 and for items over €150 VAT and Customs Duties will be charged

From 1 July 2021: VAT & Customs Duties will be calculated/charged on all non-EU items (previously only items containing goods above €22)

It is mandatory for An Post to collect these charges on behalf of Revenue. An Post is unable to deliver your item until this charge has been paid.
    In addition, customs duties and excise duties may arise on the importation of certain postal items from Great Britain.

Advertisement