Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭macguru

Condaris wrote: »
    Happy new year all,
    Has anyone got the Irish times Magazine code from yesterday? Every online version I can find is blacked out..

Is there a link for the competition??

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

macguru wrote: »

M

It's a different code on each magazine so you can't share it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

mvron wrote: »
    I'm a subscriber so they email me a code. My code from yesterday was KVFIVE5.
    It doesn't read to me like a truly unique code so might be worth a try?

It's not unique. I'm a subscriber too and was e-mailed the same code.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

Gormal wrote: »
    Taken from An Post website - defo put me off (Gifts can be up to €45 in value, but that includes shipping etc)

Great Britain is no longer a member of the European Union and in accordance with relevant VAT law, there is a requirement that VAT is calculated/charged on all third country (Non-EU) goods.

From 1 January 2021: VAT will be calculated/charged on Non-EU items over €22 and for items over €150 VAT and Customs Duties will be charged

From 1 July 2021: VAT & Customs Duties will be calculated/charged on all non-EU items (previously only items containing goods above €22)

It is mandatory for An Post to collect these charges on behalf of Revenue. An Post is unable to deliver your item until this charge has been paid.
    In addition, customs duties and excise duties may arise on the importation of certain postal items from Great Britain.

Oh and the kicker is that An post will always charge €10!!! for the pleasure of taking more money from you. It ruins gettings anything sent in that is under a certain amount as the €10 really offsets any savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭macguru

It's not unique. I'm a subscriber too and was e-mailed the same code.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

macguru wrote: »

M

https://www.irishtimes.com/competitions/christmasgiveaway2020

Closes at noon today

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Onity

image.jpg

Does anyone know who this is (Irish Times Christmas Business Quiz)? Been stuck on it for ages!

Just found this "Great Christmas Arts Quiz" online from the Indepedent:
    https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/books/book-reviews/the-great-christmas-arts-quiz-39881354.html

It was published on the 20th of December and says the prize is for "the first all-correct entry through the letterbox".
    Terms also say to send entries by "Monday, January 18th, 2020 [sic: I presume this is meant to read 2021]". Do you reckon there's any point in entering? Seems slightly confusing - surely someone has already sent in a winning entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Pissarro

It's a huge amount of work for a relatively small prize but that makes the odds better I suppose.

Pissarro wrote: »
    It's a huge amount of work for a relatively small prize but that makes the odds better I suppose.

Most of the questions seem easily Google-able, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if they really are accepting the first set of correct answers that arrive. Just seems confusing to set such a far away closing date of January 18th if it's a first-in-the-door scenario!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelle

Onity wrote: »
    Most of the questions seem easily Google-able, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if they really are accepting the first set of correct answers that arrive. Just seems confusing to set such a far away closing date of January 18th if it's a first-in-the-door scenario!

I imagine they mean the first "out of the hat" rather than "the first all-correct entry through the letterbox" especially with the closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Onity, I won the heineken 0.0 too:-) looking forward to getting it for my dry January:-)

If anyone's in Tesco, there's a muller light text comp for 10 fitness watches, exclusive to tesco. Ends 27th I think. I must have taken info down wrong as I get no reply, have asked my sis to try. I'll be there again to check, just if anyone sees it first. Was in the refrigerated section.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Carriecom

Hi everyone

Are there competitions on the Pigsback website anymore? I used to like entering them (never won anything, mind!).

thanks!
    Claire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

ZombieMed wrote: »
    If anyone's in Tesco, there's a muller light text comp for 10 fitness watches, exclusive to tesco. Ends 27th I think. I must have taken info down wrong as I get no reply, have asked my sis to try. I'll be there again to check, just if anyone sees it first. Was in the refrigerated section.

There's a text competition starting the 27th, might be it?

https://www.muller.co.uk/our-company/competitions/muller-corner-tesco-ireland-competition

I got distracted by the challenge above but actually found this thread when looking for something:D you guys might be able to help?

I rarely enter competitions but did a pile of Facebook ones over Christmas.
    I won nothing as far as i know but then i looked tonight and some pages seem to name not tag the winner. Is this usual? Could you win something and not be told?!

123654789 wrote: »

https://www.muller.co.uk/our-company/competitions/muller-corner-tesco-ireland-competition

I got distracted by the challenge above but actually found this thread when looking for something:D you guys might be able to help?

I won nothing as far as i know but then i looked tonight and some pages seem to name not tag the winner. Is this usual? Could you win something and not be told?!

Yes it's up to you to go back and check to see announcements. Even if they tag you might not always get notified due to Facebook. Some pages will message you but be careful as there is a lot of fake pages contacting people. Some will announce it on the original post with a reply to your comment and again sometimes Facebook won't notify you. Also alot of pages run them across all their social media accounts so you might think it's not got many entries but there could be loads entered on say their Instagram. Unfortunately people do miss out if they don't see the announcement, some pages will honor it if you see it at a later date but others will pick a new winner. I'm doing Facebook competitions since 2010 and have seen people miss out sometimes.

@Carriecom, I think that pigsback are mostly hospitality related, so can't see them doing new comps until we're opened up again fully.

@123456789, that's not it, though it looks like it starts immediately after it. I'm almost certain it started on 3rd January, finished 27th, with the 10 trackers as prizes. My sis didn't get a response to the text either:-(

@Carriecom, I think that pigsback are mostly hospitality related, so can't see them doing new comps until we're opened up again fully.

@123456789, that's not it, though it looks like it starts immediately after it. I'm almost certain it started on 3rd January, finished 27th, with the 10 trackers as prizes. My sis didn't get a response to the text either:-(
    What was the keyword and number to text

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭cbee20

Onity, I won the heineken 0.0 too:-) looking forward to getting it for my dry January:-)

123654789 wrote: »

There seems to be 2 competitions running consecutively.

1st comp: Text MULLER to 50400 to win one of 10 Smart Watches. Opens on 1.1.21 at 9:00am and closes on 26.01.21 at 11.59pm.
    T&C's attached:https://digitalcontent.api.tesco.com/v2/media/ghs-mktg/6d64c18f-0b68-4c57-a7ec-c233db0b78c6/ad518677_Muller_Light_Terms.pdf?rel=external

2nd comp: Text MULLER to 50400 to win one of 30 x €100 Tesco Vouchers.
    Opens on 27.01.21 at 9:00am and closes on 23.02.21 at 11.59pm. T&C's in link above.

cbee20 wrote: »
    There seems to be 2 competitions running consecutively.

1st comp: Text MULLER to 50400 to win one of 10 Smart Watches. Opens on 1.1.21 at 9:00am and closes on 26.01.21 at 11.59pm.
    T&C's attached:https://digitalcontent.api.tesco.com/v2/media/ghs-mktg/6d64c18f-0b68-4c57-a7ec-c233db0b78c6/ad518677_Muller_Light_Terms.pdf?rel=external

2nd comp: Text MULLER to 50400 to win one of 30 x €100 Tesco Vouchers.
    Opens on 27.01.21 at 9:00am and closes on 23.02.21 at 11.59pm. T&C's in link above.

That's the one. How did you find it? You should put it on the main comp page too.

That's the one. How did you find it? You should put it on the main comp page too.

Anyone get a reply from it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭DontBanMe

Kittykat67 wrote: »

Nope, nothing. I didn't put my name after Muller, has anyone tried that to see?

Nope, no reply either!

I just tried on my work phone and put my name after Muller, - Muller John Smith, and I got a reply straight away saying thanks and only one entry per mobile allowed.

DontBanMe wrote: »
    I just tried on my work phone and put my name after Muller, - Muller John Smith, and I got a reply straight away saying thanks and only one entry per mobile allowed.

I wish they'd say to put your name in the Ts&Cs, given that lots of text comps are just one word only - I know if I text again I'll get a message saying I've exceeded the number of entries allowed and then probably be blocked from 50400 :/

Onity wrote: »
    I wish they'd say to put your name in the Ts&Cs, given that lots of text comps are just one word only - I know if I text again I'll get a message saying I've exceeded the number of entries allowed and then probably be blocked from 50400 :/

I know I'm afraid to do the same too

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Condaris

I know I'm afraid to do the same too

I put Muller and my first name..no reply

Nope, nothing. I didn't put my name after Muller, has anyone tried that to see?

I put my name, I always do and no reply

What network is that incase its a difference, I'm eir

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Condaris

Gomo

• Advertisement

Personal one with no reply and just Muller is GoMo (Eir network)

Work phone with reply with Muller + Name is on Vodafone

Advertisement