Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Give them another week - all courier companies, an post etc are under very heavy load at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

ZombieMed wrote: »
    Thanks Lo_la and magicray. The prize is an apple watch that is only compatible with iphones. I didn't think there was a way to check handset type in sms but thought maybe they weeded out entries that way. Guess not though if android users do get a response too.

I don't have an iPhone so I guess I'm not too worried about not being in for this one, but I'm more worried that I seem to be blocked since the previous comps in the run up to Christmas. I think it was the tesco one that caused the issue because in the terms it had both one entry a day and one entry in total. I was getting replies up to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Onity

Would anyone be up for connecting on Twitter for competitions where tagging other users is required? If so, drop me a PM! :)

I only use Twitter for following current events, and for RT/like/comment competitions - would like to be able to start entering tagging comps in 2021, as there seems to be loads of them.
    However, I don't want to be clogging up people's newsfeeds, or spamming pals with notifications, so would love to have some fellow compers who wouldn't mind being tagged!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭DontBanMe

Onity wrote: »
    WIN a gorgeous hamper of sussed goodies AND help the Dublin Simon Community!
    https://evoke.ie/2021/01/11/promoted/win-hamper-sussed

Anyone know the answer to this? Can't seem to find it on their page

(editing again to avoid confusion)
    https://sussed.ie/simonsayschallenge/
    It's a 21-day challenge, only 9 challenges listed on their site above, but on their Twitter it looks like there's one each day: https://twitter.com/Dublin_Simon/status/1348653866162786305/photo/1 so 21 is probably the answer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭DontBanMe

(editing again to avoid confusion)
    https://sussed.ie/simonsayschallenge/
    It's a 21-day challenge, only 9 challenges listed on their site above, but on their Twitter it looks like there's one each day: https://twitter.com/Dublin_Simon/status/1348653866162786305/photo/1 so 21 is probably the answer!

Thank you, 21 makes sense alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

fritzelly wrote: »
    Give them another week - all courier companies, an post etc are under very heavy load at the moment

They contacted me yesterday and are sending it on. Kinda happy it is now, Christmas was a train wreck lol I will have a mini christmas with this!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

zell12 wrote: »
    Win a €150 Gym+Coffee e-gift voucher. 20 prizes in total
    need the last six digits of the code from the top of your Avonmore Slimline milk 1 litre carton
    https://www.avonmore.ie/slimline

Anybody got a barcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,377 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My uncle received his MandMs one for all gift card today

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

<SNIPPED>

• Advertisement

maniac2003 wrote: »
    <SNIPPED>

Sounds very scammy - 10 euro a day prize money

Sounds very scammy - 10 euro a day prize money

I signed up back in November and got a few email updates - the sender appeared as 'Pick My Postcode Ireland', but I noticed that the email address it came from was fp@fpdraws.ie. On the PMP website footer it states "Website operated by DataXcel Ltd", the same company that runs Free Prize Draws.

Made the mistake of joining Free Prize Draws once many moons ago (and then deleted my account), and IMO it's a spammy/scammy website that sells your data to other companies who will randomly phone you with offers, so it's a big fat nope from me!

I signed up back in November and got a few email updates - the sender appeared as 'Pick My Postcode Ireland', but I noticed that the email address it came from was fp@fpdraws.ie. On the PMP website footer it states "Website operated by DataXcel Ltd", the same company that runs Free Prize Draws.

Made the mistake of joining Free Prize Draws once many moons ago (and then deleted my account), and IMO it's a spammy/scammy website that sells your data to other companies who will randomly phone you with offers, so it's a big fat nope from me!

Yes I signed up a few weeks back. Afterwards I realised it is connected to free prize draws. I feel free prize draws are very dodgy in my opinion I have always been wary of them, too good to be true. Not sure if it's just a coincidence but a week or two after signed up i've started getting loads of spam emails and calls from Foreign countries. I know this is happening all the time now anyway but I felt it was very recent after signing up. I remember saying to myself why am I getting all this spam all of a sudden and then realised I had only signed up for the postcode thing. Not saying its them for definite but it was very suspicious in my opinion. Funny thing I've heard nothing from them since it's just all these other scam things. It was the sudden amount of calls from Mali and another island in the south Pacific that made me wonder where they had gotten my details from. I know alot of the time it's just Random number generators but this was all too quick after I signed up.

If anyone won one of the stork baking books in the text comp. They are delivered today by courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,081 ✭✭✭✭muffler

<SNIPPED>
    you have some bloody cheek on you posting that

muffler wrote: »
    you have some bloody cheek on you posting that

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DebJZ

I got an email from Rollercoaster.ie today about this Pick My Postcode thing. They are a reputable website so I signed up to it.
    I'm wondering now if I've made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,081 ✭✭✭✭muffler

DebJZ wrote: »
    I have no idea if they are reputable or not but I do take exception to people spamming referral links (same referral link posted 3 times today) which only benefits them by taking advantage of the regulars of this forum

I got an email from Rollercoaster.ie today about this Pick My Postcode thing. They are a reputable website so I signed up to it.

Think it's ok, i think

muffler wrote: »
    I have no idea if they are reputable or not but I do take exception to people spamming referral links (same referral link posted 3 times today) which only benefits them by taking advantage of the regulars of this forum

What does spamming mean??

• Advertisement

I got it aswell from them. Roller-coaster are a good website but I am very wary of this Postcode thing, as said they are connected to freeprize draws and they are very suspicious in my opinion.

What does spamming mean??

Posting the same thing over and over. Also I imagine the other poster is annoyed because its a referral link so the poster will gain from everyone that signs up through the link that was posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DebJZ

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I got it aswell from them. Roller-coaster are a good website but I am very wary of this Postcode thing, as said they are connected to freeprize draws and they are very suspicious in my opinion.

Might just unsubscribe then, just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Condaris

Hi all, I just want to alert you to a possible scam- as I'm sure some of you enter UK comps and use your addresspal account- I got a text yesterday asking to confirm my APW number and send a copy of my invoice..I hadn't ordered anything and explained this ,but a generic vague email reply came back. I asked for a description of the product and was told it was

" The item(s) in question are 1 MEGA VEGA STATION GAME and 3 NINTENDOS.

Kind Regards,
    SY"

Now I definitely didn't win/enter a competition for 3 nintendo (!)
    I cannot get any reply from An Post or Addresspal on phone/email/twitter/instagram.
    The email was from addresspalenquiries @ airbusiness.com

A copy of what invoice?

A copy of what invoice?

Exactly, I think it was they were trying to catch me out that I was waiting on a uk order and if I had uploaded an invoice they would have more bank details?? It's the only explanation I can think of,
    And then maybe to charge "customs" on my "order"??

Maybe I'm just being suspicious, but it seems fishy to me!

Customs scam sounds the more likely but weird scam - cannot see how it could work

Customs scam sounds the more likely but weird scam - cannot see how it could work

I know, i'll keep ye posted if anything comes of it

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭macguru

Condaris wrote: »
    I know, i'll keep ye posted if anything comes of it

Let An Post know, as airbusiness are actually the address pal delivery partner in the IK

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

Condaris wrote: »
    Exactly, I think it was they were trying to catch me out that I was waiting on a uk order and if I had uploaded an invoice they would have more bank details?? It's the only explanation I can think of,
    And then maybe to charge "customs" on my "order"??

Maybe I'm just being suspicious, but it seems fishy to me!

That's an old scam. The premise is that you send an invoice which includes your name, address, order number, the last 4 digits of your card and the items.
    Now the old way was to just get it changed by the company to their own address. Most won't do that now however. With an addresspal though they could get it switched by saying they input the wrong number on it. Chance it that way.

Advertisement