Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences of Roaccutane - preexisting GAD

• 29-06-2019 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has been on Roaccutane with a preexisting anxiety disorder? If so, how did you get on?

Not looking for medical advice, I'm attending dermatologist and can ask him/GP medical questions. More just interested in hearing experiences of it. I had a bout of GAD several years ago and haven't really been bothered by it since, just don't want to end up with it flaring back up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Just wondering if anyone here has been on Roaccutane with a preexisting anxiety disorder? If so, how did you get on?

Not looking for medical advice, I'm attending dermatologist and can ask him/GP medical questions. More just interested in hearing experiences of it. I had a bout of GAD several years ago and haven't really been bothered by it since, just don't want to end up with it flaring back up.

In my experience GAD is a way of telling you your GP hasnt a clue what he is talking about. I am hoping you are not in the Public system. I would go get a proper registered psychologist (these are hard to get privately with long waiting lists). Its important to get the right one. A teacher or nurse in the family are usually "tapped into" the network and know which ones are good and which ones are to be avoided.

My experience that any psychologist you see that you are not directly paying for (Dept of Education/HSE) isnt worth the effort of getting out of bed for. My parents had to pay out a good bit of money for proper psychologist (email me for a reference). The registered Psychologist is the top authority. He has a PhD and then he does his registered psychologist exams. Not every psychologist off an honours degree will end up a registered psychologist. It takes a lot of time as an assistant psychologist to get onto this course and not guaranteed. Once you get a diagnosis from a registered psychologist it is GOSPEL. My slow witted GP (god bless her) questioned the diagnosis and I dont know what was said but she changed her tune after he put her in her place. The HSE gets more co-operative and you get proper treatment.

Advertisement