Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car sales slow?

• 30-06-2019 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've been tasked with finding a 10 year old car for a family member.

In my searches I have got the feeling that car sales a rather sluggish at the moment.
    I've seen what appear to be very good deals in good locations around the country but they have been up for quite a long time.

Is there a bit of a slump at the moment or is it just my imagination.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

10 year old cars are way down the food chain, so aren’t really much of an indicator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your not getting an accurate reading from looking at 10 year old cars as examples to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The boom is back lad. There are feck all people buying 10 year old cars.
    10 year old cars are well past it, or so the marketing people would have you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

A good car prices appropriately will always move quickly enough. Takes time to match buyers expectations with sellers to be honest sometimes. There's a market for 10 year old 1 litre Micras for first time drivers to 3 litre BMWs for petrol heads. I sold a 13 year old e60 BMW last year, had to let it go for small money but it is what it is, I wanted it gone quickly so priced it low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭shane b

I agree with the uptake in the economy and pcp older cars are slow moving. The car will sell but the seller could be taking a hit on it.
    I bought a 10 year old car 2 months ago and I had about 10 cars I was interested in looking at, 3 of the 10 are still for sale 2 months on.
    I first car I looked at I know the seller dropped the price by 1000 euro and car was gone within 2 days of the latest price drop. It was an 11 mondeo with 120k miles and last listed price was 4300.

• Advertisement
Advertisement