Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Dublin, Phoenix Park safe to walk?

Options
  • 30-06-2019 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

I have moved to Drimnagh and love walking.
    Looking at the map, it seems a handy walk for me to go along the Suir Road by Kilmainham jail over to the park and continue my walk there. That really would be ideal.

Bit naive though about these areas at night. Is it generally safe to be walking about between I guess 8 pm and returing back at 10pm? I’m guessing so but just checking. Would be walking alone with earphones in.

And when it gets darker? I’ll be here for a few months and much rather walking in parks that just streets.

Sorry, last one... and walking along by that canal in the evening? Along Davitt Road and turns down along Dolphin Road? I’ll go cracked if I have to drive and park at the Phoenix park every day to go for my stroll.

Thanks folks.

Comments

frankly, wouldnt love the idea that late.

summer better than winter, all along the main road better, but the canal can be a draw for the usual little darlings at any time of the evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Small park at the top of Davitt road too. There's a loop, 10-15 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

tampopo wrote: »
    Small park at the top of Davitt road too. There's a loop, 10-15 minutes...

Yeah, I see that. Maybe best to go there during the week and Phoenix at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

You also have the memorial park in island bridge which is fab, can walk through by the river & come through chapelizod & back through the Phoenix park.

This whole area is a lot safer that you might think, the preteen kids can be a huge pain but usually can be walked around. Just be aware of your surroundings like any modern city & you'll be grand, enjoy the area, it has a lot to offer.

Advertisement