Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

• 30-06-2019 11:59am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to the rumours Samsung have a launch event on the 7th of August where they will be announcing 2 new Note's, the Note 10 and the Note 10+ (called the Note Pro earlier) in both 5G and non-5G variants. Personally I'm not sure of the point in having such a flagship phone without 5G capabilities, chances are the phone is going to be top of the range in 3 years time still.

1 of the big changes will be the vertical arrangment of the camers vs the traditional horizontal layout, but with the fingerprint sensor being incorporated in to the glass now this shouldn't be an issue for most users
    aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9PLzcvODM5MzgzL29yaWdpbmFsL05vdGUtMTAtUmVuZGVyLUNvbG9yLU9wdGlvbnMuanBn

Probably the biggest changes is the moving of the camera to the center of the main screen and and almost completely screen front
    aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9ZLzIvODQxMDM0L29yaWdpbmFsL1NhbXN1bmctR2FsYXh5LU5vdGUtMTAtdnMtTm90ZS0xMC1Qcm9fNUtfMS5wbmc=

https://twitter.com/UniverseIce/status/1144591267969429506

Personally, I have an upgrade due but I have the Note 9, unless there's some amazing pre-order deal going I can't see myself upgrading as I'd imagine the Note 10+ will come in somewhere around the €1,300 mark

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Thinking about one of these as I have a S8+ and due an upgrade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Would love if they did a non curved screen version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I have dead pixel on my current phone. A little black spec that can be a quite annoying.
    That big black circle for the camera lens to poke hrough the screen would do my head in.
    I'm due an upgrade. I'll probably wait for this to be released and then buy the Note 9 on the cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have dead pixel on my current phone. A little black spec that can be a quite annoying.
    That big black circle for the camera lens to poke hrough the screen would do my head in.
    I'm due an upgrade. I'll probably wait for this to be released and then buy the Note 9 on the cheap.
    Note 9 was reduced to €499 last Tuesday in the Amazon sale gone back up now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Been waiting for the note 10 to come out for a while. Been using the note series since the note 3. Currently on the note 8, skipped the 9. I plan to pre-order this with either vodaphone or eir. Anyone ever pre-ordered before? What's the deal, do you pay a deposit or full amount upfront?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Note 9 was reduced to €499 last Tuesday in the Amazon sale gone back up now

Note 9 was never 499 Euros in any Amazon sale in EU.

unklerosco wrote: »
    Been waiting for the note 10 to come out for a while. Been using the note series since the note 3. Currently on the note 8, skipped the 9. I plan to pre-order this with either vodaphone or eir. Anyone ever pre-ordered before? What's the deal, do you pay a deposit or full amount upfront?

Three/Vf prepay orders you pay full amount at time of order.

Hoping they bundle in the new Galaxy Watch with pre-orders would be nice. Huawei have always done that with watches when they released at same time otherwise they had a great Bose offer.

Samsung did Ear Buds with S10, hopefully something better this time and not just an overpriced wireless charger as reported in some other countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Who's going to go for the 855+ version?

• Advertisement

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Who's going to go for the 855+ version?

Snapdragon is only for non Plus model in select regions. The + only comes in Exynos across the globe.

Pricing:

Note 10 €949 - 8GB 256GB - No Micro SD card slot
    3500 mAh 25W Charging

Note 10+ €1,099 - 12GB 256GB Base Model with SD card slot
    4300 mAh 45W Charging

Preorders start now
    Available from August 23

Aura Glow, Aura White and Aura Black

No headphone jack obviously.

DEX now works on laptop.

Shame there's no bundle for pre-orders...

dan786 wrote: »
    Snapdragon is only for non Plus model in select regions. The + only comes in Exynos across the globe.

Are you sure? In Marquess video he says it's 855

Are you sure? In Marquess video he says it's 855

Read it wrong on a site.

"As usual, there will be two different chipsets - the new Exynos 9825 and the Snapdragon 855 chipset (non-plus). Different regions will get different chipsets."

Had a look again and it means non plus variant of 855.

Not buying one anyway, prices are crazy with zero pre-order extras.

Eir want 1199 for it prepay as per CPW site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Clove tell me a 5G 10 plus w/o a contract may be a tall order.

If i get something non EU-ish, is band compatibility going to be an issue?

Yes, i know 5G is in its infancy, and actual differences from 4G will prob be negligible, but i waaaaaaant it.

Read it wrong on a site.

"As usual, there will be two different chipsets - the new Exynos 9825 and the Snapdragon 855 chipset (non-plus). Different regions will get different chipsets."

Had a look again and it means non plus variant of 855.

Not buying one anyway, prices are crazy with zero pre-order extras.

Eir want 1199 for it prepay as per CPW site.

So there will be no 10+ in Sd 855 version in the states ?

ChopShop wrote: »
    Clove tell me a 5G 10 plus w/o a contract may be a tall order.

If i get something non EU-ish, is band compatibility going to be an issue?

Yes, i know 5G is in its infancy, and actual differences from 4G will prob be negligible, but i waaaaaaant it.

Order from Samsung UK. £1099 for 5G base model. 512GB at £1199 5G.

Also Microsoft and Amazon UK taking pre-orders same prices.

So there will be no 10+ in Sd 855 version in the states ?

There is.

The article meant the version is 855 and not 855+. I read it wrong thinking it meant 855 was only on non plus due to how it was worded.

There is.

The article meant the version is 855 and not 855+. I read it wrong thinking it meant 855 was only on non plus due to how it was worded.

I wonder how the 9825 will stack against the 855. I'd be peed off paying a lot for a lesser phone.

• Advertisement

Lol, you can only pre order the note 10 in this country,

Lol, you can only pre order the note 10 in this country,

Here's the link for the 10+
    https://shop.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-note/254-samsung-galaxy-note-10-plus.html

unklerosco wrote: »

Interesting we only get the 128gb version, thought they came 256/512gb.

Wonder are they 12gb ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Interesting we only get the 128gb version, thought they came 256/512gb.

Wonder are they 12gb ram.

Thats a typo. It should be 12GB ram not 128GB ram.

Three are 1049 prepay, cheapest so far and likely to be factory unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Take my money! :P

Note 10+ come to me....

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Thats a typo. It should be 12GB ram not 128GB ram.

Yep they have tidied the site up now.

Ordered 5G 10+ from Samsung UK

• Advertisement

Nice! They deliver to Ireland?

They deliver to Ireland?

Parcel motel in Antrim.

What Network you on? I wonder if the 5g model will be supported for wifi calling and Volte here.

What Network you on? I wonder if the 5g model will be supported for wifi calling and Volte here.

Currently Vodafone. I'm only buying the 5G to future proof/resale. I will have this phone for two years most likely.

Currently Vodafone. I'm only buying the 5G to future proof/resale. I will have this phone for two years most likely.

Exactly, if you going to spend money on a Note 10+ it makes sense to pay the little extra for the 5G.

Exactly, if you going to spend money on a Note 10+ it makes sense to pay the little extra for the 5G.

I suspect that if Vodafone are testing their 5G network at present they are most likely using S10 and potentially Note 5G devices so these maybe quickly provisioned for VoLTE and WiFi calling even though they are not for sale. Just a guess.

• Advertisement

I suspect that if Vodafone are testing their 5G network at present they are most likely using S10 and potentially Note 5G devices so these maybe quickly provisioned for VoLTE and WiFi calling even though they are not for sale. Just a guess.

Makes sense, hope so. I believe the 5G uses different modems.

For anyone looking for 5G one. Microsoft UK and Amazon UK both have them deliver direct to Ireland.

Would not chance Parcel Motel as they lost a 800€ phone on me a month ago and still no resolution.

For anyone looking for 5G one. Microsoft UK and Amazon UK both have them deliver direct to Ireland.

Would not chance Parcel Motel as they lost a 800€ phone on me a month ago and still no resolution.

Yes I have been hearing phones going missing, and with Wizard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Was talking to a Three rep this morning and he said ComReg is holding up the 5G release until all networks can service at least 56% of the population. All Three masts have been 5G ready for over a year. He said estimates say it could happen in October.

I've been using them since 2012 and they've never lost anything. I've used the parcel diary and sometimes the extended liability. Probably cursed myself now!

• Advertisement

All Three masts have been 5G ready for over a year.
    A bit of a bold statement from the rep. All the masts aren't even 4g.

I've been using them since 2012 and they've never lost anything. I've used the parcel diary and sometimes the extended liability. Probably cursed myself now!

I have had over a 500 parcels with them. This is the first they have lost.

All fine until something goes wrong, a big pain to claim as their CS is non existant. Trustpilot and their Facebook page shows this. Every single comment is about lost parcels and no resolution after months of waiting.

They were fine up until UPS take over but now they are horrendous. Rarely use them now as Amazon do 2 day prime delivery to Ireland now. I wouldnt order anything over €100 with them ever again.

Do Amazon charge much for delivery to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Did you manage to get your PM number on the shipping address?
    I couldn't :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

I pay the extra cover when doing this

markad1 wrote: »
    Did you manage to get your PM number on the shipping address?
    I couldn't :confused:

Yes, no issue and the invoice shows it correctly.not sure why you couldnt

Do Amazon charge much for delivery to Ireland?

They adjust the VAT rate. Think it was 1023£ delivered to Ireland with Prime. 999£ for UK delivery.

Edit: Thats for base Plus model non 5G

markad1 wrote: »
    I pay the extra cover when doing this

The problem is getting them to pay you out. Waiting a month here. Others on trustpilot/facebook waiting for even 4-5 months and still not paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Is there an alternative to Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

ChopShop wrote: »
    Is there an alternative to Parcel Motel?

addresspal

• Advertisement
Advertisement