Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Where's the best place to pick up a note 10 plus sim free? Anyone bought one from those sellers on adverts.ie?!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Pacifico wrote: »
    Where's the best place to pick up a note 10 plus sim free? Anyone bought one from those sellers on adverts.ie?!
    I bought a S10 5g off one of the adverts guys. No problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Interested in getting a Note 5g myself but little hesistant to try adverts. Last time I bought a S8 off one of them from the shop it turned out to be IMEI blacklisted in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Infini wrote: »
    Interested in getting a Note 5g myself but little hesistant to try adverts. Last time I bought a S8 off one of them from the shop it turned out to be IMEI blacklisted in the UK.

I bought of a seller called allinthefamily on adverts. Great feedback and ready to deal with. I bought a S10 5g

• Registered Users Posts: 27,995 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks is there any reason why I can't buy from the UK Samsung store?

The 5G Note 10+ is down to £899 and they'll give you £200 off when you trade in any Android phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Folks is there any reason why I can't buy from the UK Samsung store?

The 5G Note 10+ is down to £899 and they'll give you £200 off when you trade in any Android phone.

Just off chat their with them on the UK Site and they said I can only use a phone here in Ireland once I use it in the UK using a UK Sim on a call lasting 10 minutes.

This is beyond annoying as using the £200 off will save round €250 than buying it on the Irish site here with the trade in added on! :(

I believe you can buy it off the UK Site using Parcel Motel or whatever no?

Just off chat their with them on the UK Site and they said I can only use a phone here in Ireland once I use it in the UK using a UK Sim on a call lasting 10 minutes.

This is beyond annoying as using the £200 off will save round €250 than buying it on the Irish site here with the trade in added on! :(

I doubt that would matter the phone is unlocked so not sure why you'd need to use a UK sim.

Edit: they told me I'd need to get it delivered to a UK address.

I doubt that would matter the phone is unlocked so not sure why you'd need to use a UK sim.

I dunno would I risk it as it would be alot of money if it didn't work here?

I would chance Parcelmotel or Addresspal as worst that could happen is that they will reject the order if you wanted to go ahead I mean?

I dunno would I risk it as it would be alot of money if it didn't work here?

I've never heard of anything like that. It'd be the same as buying from Amazon.

I've never heard of anything like that. It'd be the same as buying from Amazon.

I see your point alright.Just dunno what to do?

I meant working on an Irish Network sorry.

• Advertisement

I see your point alright.Just dunno what to do?

I meant working on an Irish Network sorry.

The phone is sim free so it should work fine.

The phone is sim free so it should work fine.

Really?Might chance it so.Am in 2 minds!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You;ll probably find it difficult to get the trade in deal if you use Parcel Motel or someone similar. I bought off the Microsoft UK site with no hassle

Clareman wrote: »
    You;ll probably find it difficult to get the trade in deal if you use Parcel Motel or someone similar. I bought off the Microsoft UK site with no hassle

Yep they just confirmed UK addresses only.Damn it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Anyone get the One UI 2/Android 10 update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Not yet (10+5g unlocked). I suspect it'll arrive in mid January as I'm still on Nov security update.

I got the December update alright which got my hopes up. Ah well, might flash it from sammobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I have the Note 10+ about 3 weeks not, only noticed that I am not getting sound on notifactions, usually on silent in work. Checked everything in settings and online but I still can not get the sounds on. Any ideas what I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I have the Note 10+ about 3 weeks not, only noticed that I am not getting sound on notifactions, usually on silent in work. Checked everything in settings and online but I still can not get the sounds on. Any ideas what I'm missing?

Did you check if ringtone volume is turned up?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

Downloading :)
    Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

fAzI wrote: »
    Downloading :)
    Thx

Me too although looking at the beta reviews, is there anything 'really' useful in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Me too although looking at the beta reviews, is there anything 'really' useful in it?

Likewise, I think Android has gone backwards since Oreo 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Downloading now with Vodafone

Worth it for gestures alone personally.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

No sign of it on mine, I'm unlocked 512 5G

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Samson1

Got it today on Vodafone. No time to test out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Can anyone here who bought note 10+ from eglobal confirm they have the 5g version ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Price is coming down a good bit on this now so it's starting to tempt me. Those of you who have it a few months how do you feel about it?
    Is it true you can't install good lock from the galaxy store as it's not available in Ireland?

Good Lock isn't available in Ireland but it's easily enough to install, I haven't installed it myself but a friend of mine has and swears by it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsYuQzv44uA&feature=youtu.be

I LOVE my Note 10, it's an animal of a phone, I use it for everything, I'd nearly say it's a laptop replacement, I've had it since launch and haven't had any problems with it, the battery is brilliant in it, I charge mine overnight on a wireless charger and I don't think I've had to have a top up charge any day since I got it and as I said I use it for everything.

• Advertisement

I like the phone but if I'm honest - the battery and camera disappoint me a bit.

Screen, updates (surprisingly for Samsung), charging time and build are top notch though.

Advertisement