Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I wonder if we can take advantage of this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=17525141031&pf_rd_p=f3d830a9-4865-47c6-bdc7-fe659f47662f&pf_rd_s
    It says UK bank accounts but I have a revolut account with a UK IBAN.

Was posted a few pages back. Should be possible using parcel motel or similar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Samsung are usually very good at matching UK deals in Ireland, I'd be surprised if they didn't honour it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Clareman wrote: »
    Samsung are usually very good at matching UK deals in Ireland, I'd be surprised if they didn't honour it
    I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

I didn't trade in a phone. Not seeing any offers or freebies for that option.
    Not impressed

Anyone ordering from amazon using parcel motel? I was getting it sent to my home address and the delivery was estimated for the 27-29th.
    Switched to PM and it's down for delivery on Fri, all going well it should be ready for collection on Sat afternoon.

unklerosco wrote: »
    Anyone ordering from amazon using parcel motel? I was getting it sent to my home address and the delivery was estimated for the 27-29th.
    Switched to PM and it's down for delivery on Fri, all going well it should be ready for collection on Sat afternoon.
    I ordered from amazon for direct to home delivery (Note 10+ 5g). It's still showing an estimated delivery of the 27th to 29th of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭dan786

They cant do release day delivery to Ireland. Its UK only.

If using PM definitely buy the highest liability before its delivered to them. Lots of expensive stuff going missing nowadays especially phones. Hopefully you get it, if its goes missing it can take 2-3 months to get a payout.

Personally I would just wait extra 2-3 days and get it delivered direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Have never ordered a phone from Amazon before, so can someone humour me a little.

If it -says- my order will be delivered by the 29th can i be pretty sure i won't get a 'surprise' notice saying they're waiting on stock?

Will it be delivered by AnPost or a courier service?

dan786 wrote: »
    They cant do release day delivery to Ireland. Its UK only.

If using PM definitely buy the highest liability before its delivered to them. Lots of expensive stuff going missing nowadays especially phones. Hopefully you get it, if its goes missing it can take 2-3 months to get a payout.

Personally I would just wait extra 2-3 days and get it delivered direct.

Parcel Motel's insurance is a business within a business...

I too would suggest getting it delivered direct.

ChopShop wrote: »
    Have never ordered a phone from Amazon before, so can someone humour me a little.

If it -says- my order will be delivered by the 29th can i be pretty sure i won't get a 'surprise' notice saying they're waiting on stock?

Well I've not ordered a phone before but I've had updates on other types of pre orders and orders that came after the original expected shipping and delivery dates. In other words nothing is guaranteed, things can change.

No one can guarantee that, even Amazon CS cant. I say a retailer like Amazon should get good level of stock in.

An Post do the delivery for Prime orders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Amazon are out of stock now for the phone I ordered, AFAIK they have a certain stock and they are allowed release it when the launch day is nearby

Samsung UK email.
    Case has shipped, Note still showing as preparing

markad1 wrote: »
    Samsung UK email.
    Case has shipped, Note still showing as preparing
    I'm very confident that everytime I click the "Track Package" button on my amazon order it pushes that green line a little further closer to dispatched...no really I swear it!

I'm very confident that everytime I click the "Track Package" button on my amazon order it pushes that green line a little further closer to dispatched...no really I swear it!

I hear you, I ordered a tablet as well and that's not available until the 30th,I'm ****ting it that they won't ship the phone till the tablet is available

Only two days left.

Can't wait for the delivery date to be replaced by "we don't know when your order will be filled".

Only two days left.

Can't wait for the delivery date to be replaced by "we don't know when your order will be filled".
    khaaaaaaaannnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note 10+ 5G has shipped.
    Please Parcel Motel don't mess it up

markad1 wrote: »
    Note 10+ 5G has shipped.
    Please Parcel Motel don't mess it up
    Was that from Amazon or direct from Samsung?

Samsung UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Did anyone order from Samsung Ireland? wondering when they will dispatch.

Got a case and a screen protector.

All i need now is a phone to go with them.

10% off student discount on UK site without being a student. Note 10+ 5G at 989£ instead of 1099£. Tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

10% off student discount on UK site without being a student. Note 10+ 5G at 989£ instead of 1099£. Tempting.

Care to explain how?

That would be very tempting.

I am planning to pick one up on Friday.

Pricing seems similar in most places..will check around on Friday and see what it's like.

Anyone recommendation for a nice cover. Will order one tonight to get it soon, unless anyone order two and was to sell one on.

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    I am planning to pick one up on Friday.

Pricing seems similar in most places..will check around on Friday and see what it's like.

Anyone recommendation for a nice cover. Will order one tonight to get it soon, unless anyone order two and was to sell one on.
    Not sure about nice but I do want my device protected and the kick stands (there's two) are great:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07V9ZJ1Z3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had 1 of these of my last few phones and they are a brilliant case, will definitely be ordering again, normally get them from ebay

https://www.spigen.com/collections/galaxy-note-10-plus/products/galaxy-note-10-plus-case-ultra-hybrid-s?variant=12074236837935

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Beersmith wrote: »
    Says site is restricted to authorised users when i try to log in

You dont login. Just checkout without logging into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

You dont login. Just checkout without logging into account.
    When you click that link all it says is:
    Welcome to the Student EPP Samsung store
    login to see our special offer

Then the only option is to sign in or register!

• Advertisement

Beersmith wrote: »
    When you click that link all it says is:
    Welcome to the Student EPP Samsung store
    login to see our special offer

Then the only option is to sign in or register!

Seems like they fixed it. It took to direct to store page showing discounted prices and could be check out with card, Paypal or Samsung Pay.

Anyone order a 10+ from Three?

Want to find out if they are selling the dual sim unlocked model.

DPD delivery to parcel motel between 9 & 10 this morning.
    It's getting nearer

Amazon haven't shipped mine yet and it's showing a delivery date of the 3rd of September, that's going to be heart breaking

My amazon shipment is showing Arriving 27 Aug - 29 Aug. Due to dispatch on 23rd.

Amazon haven't shipped mine yet and it's showing a delivery date of the 3rd of September, that's going to be heart breaking

That's a killer

Mine hasn't shipped but has a delivery date of tomorrow. I don't trust it...
    488757.jpg

That's very odd. I wouldn't trust it either. Here's mine:
    488761.png

Mine hasn't shipped but has a delivery date of tomorrow. I don't trust it...
    488757.jpg

Guessing you ordered too parcel motel.

If so that should arrive tomorrow no problem.

It would be tight to arrive tomorrow to parcelmotel if it hasn't shipped already. It would need to ship today to make it in time.

• Advertisement

It would be tight to arrive tomorrow to parcelmotel if it hasn't shipped already. It would need to ship today to make it in time.

I get next day delivery all the time to parcel motel from Amazon..I think it will show as dispatched later today. During the evening time.

Thor wrote: »
    I get next day delivery all the time to parcel motel from Amazon..I think it will show as dispatched later today. During the evening time.

Next day yes but even then I'd have to place the order by about lunchtime on the day to see it arrive the next.

My Amazon order still says Aug 29th

But should I have been billed by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

My Amazon order still says Aug 29th

But should I have been billed by now?

Amazon don't usually charge your card until they have dispatched the device

Payment won't hit till they are shipping it I think. I'm living in hope that they split my order in 2 and ship the phone when it's available, I doubt it though :(

Ee63PEU.png

Payment won't hit till they are shipping it I think. I'm living in hope that they split my order in 2 and ship the phone when it's available, I doubt it though :(
    Did you select to ship items as they become available? Otherwise they won't ship it till the tablet is ready to ship

Did you select to ship items as they become available? Otherwise they won't ship it till the tablet is ready to ship

Weirdly there wasn't an option to split it, there wasn't a next day option either. I know I was stupid not to do 2 orders, can't change it now unfortunately so I'll just have to wait because of my own stupidity :(:(:(

I have news! Amazon have charged my credit card!!!!

I have news! Amazon have charged my credit card!!!!

I've even installed the amazon app to track my order, no update yet

• Advertisement

I've even installed the amazon app to track my order, no update yet
    No move on dispatch either but I'm hoping that changes tomorrow morning.

Advertisement