Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

The deals the US and other markets get are crazy. We're really treated like cr*p by the phone manufacturers. A sale is still a sale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We're a small market though so you can't blame them too much I guess, we still can't get a 5G version here yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Would do if Amazon shipped the feckin thing as promised! I chatted to them this morning and they've admitted they were showing Note 10's in stock that needed to come in from another Amazon facility.. and that it is taking longer than expected.

They ballsed up my pre-order too, luckily it arrived in time to take advantage of the rebate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I didn't think you had to take receipt of the device, just have proof of the pre-order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Clareman wrote: »
    I didn't think you had to take receipt of the device, just have proof of the pre-order

U need the IMEI number

unklerosco wrote: »
    U need the IMEI number

Ah b**licks I never thought of that, prehaps someone here who has 1 maybe kind enough to share theirs with you if you are entitled to the rebate, mine won't be here until October so I can't, sorry.

It's a bit scary that an update is available so soon after launch as well. But non-network phones are great at getting updates, I'd say my old S6 Edge I got from Tesco mobile is still waiting for a lot of updates from 2017

It's a bit scary that an update is available so soon after launch as well. But non-network phones are great at getting updates, I'd say my old S6 Edge I got from Tesco mobile is still waiting for a lot of updates from 2017

That's my third update. Out of the box I had to download August update, then an update for the usb-c headphones and now the September update.

That's a lot so soon after launch, I guess they couldn't get everything perfect for launch.

• Advertisement

That's a lot so soon after launch, I guess they couldn't get everything perfect for launch.

It's completely normal.

Unless Samsung invent a time machine, they won't be able to install security updates that come from Google after the phone has been boxed and shipped.

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's completely normal.

Unless Samsung invent a time machine, they won't be able to install security updates that come from Google after the phone has been boxed and shipped.

Very good point actually, I never thought of that, I was just thinking of their own patches rather than the monthly stuff

Very good point actually, I never thought of that, I was just thinking of their own patches rather than the monthly stuff

I'd view it as a good thing that they're actively working to update the devices. I used to get every HTC flagship on release every year, and they would always make significant improvements with patches in the first few months, particularly with the camera.

The only annoying thing with the Note as far as software goes is that it always comes out just as the new Android version is released, and Samsung update the S phones to the new Android before the Note, so it's always a long wait for that.

Just got an email from Samsung. Get up to €500(!!!!) off of trading in for the Note 10+ 5G.

Tempting, if my pristine Note 9 is worth full trade in.

Ah, Note 9 only worth €300. Could easily sell for more than that. S10 and S10+ worth €500.

Far better off selling on adverts rather than trading in, well in my opinion anyway. I'll be putting my Note 9 up when I get my new phone, I'd be expecting to get €500 for it at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I seem to be looking in the wrong places for the 45W charger.

Can someone relieve me of my ignorance?

Please/Thank you/Etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ChopShop wrote: »
    I seem to be looking in the wrong places for the 45W charger.

Can someone relieve me of my ignorance?

Please/Thank you/Etc.

One option (black) & White.

UK part numbers - available in EU models also but different part numbers.
    Black - EP-TA845XBEGGB
    White - EP-TA845XWEGGB

53.99 for a charger that'll only work with 1 device, they are pulling the piss surely??Would have been a decentish freebie for pre-orders but I don't think even I could justify spending that on a charger.

Also, I've just gotten a decent amount of USBC cables at last, I'm not impressed with the USBC to USBC cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The EU model can be gotten cheaper alright, but you will always pay top dollar for official chargers. Sure Apple charge €25 for their 5w charger.

It will be awhile before 45w becomes the norm and comes down in price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Returned my Note 10+ from Three due to lose sim tray - 1049 prepay. Ordered a Snapdragon one for 815 Euros from Eglobal. 200+ saving and a better chip.

The 25w charges from 0-100% in about an hour. I'm not sure I see the point in a 45w especially considering the Note 10+ battery life is easily a full day at least, for the vast majority of people.

1 thing that I can't seem to find out is if the led notifications around the camera are available or not, I got a third party app for my S10 but I'm not a fan of giving free apps full access to my phone so I'd prefer to use something built in

1 thing that I can't seem to find out is if the led notifications around the camera are available or not, I got a third party app for my S10 but I'm not a fan of giving free apps full access to my phone so I'd prefer to use something built in
    Officially no and nothing has ever come to the S10 from Samsung but I've used the following with some success although I am always a little worried about screen burn issues:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.symetium.holepunchcameraeffects
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.alwaysondisplay

Both of the above have premium versions for small fees. They worked fine but I need to spend more time with them to find the right settings for my needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

For the first time since I started using smartphones I am considering leaving Apple for Android and the Note10 5G has caught my eye!

Is there any pitfalls I should look out for when I swap over? Will all my data (messages, apps, pics, notes etc) move seamlessly?

frag420 wrote: »
    For the first time since I started using smartphones I am considering leaving Apple for Android and the Note10 5G has caught my eye!

Is there any pitfalls I should look out for when I swap over? Will all my data (messages, apps, pics, notes etc) move seamlessly?

Smart Switch is brilliant in my opinion but I haven't used it with Apple before, looks to be similar as from another Samsung device https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/smart-switch-how-to-use-smart-switch-to-transfer-ios-device-to-galaxy-device/

WhatsApp and Viber don't allow you to automatically copy over so make sure to back up to Google Drive first and then restore it on the new phone, you won't lose anything that way.

• Advertisement

Smart Switch is brilliant in my opinion but I haven't used it with Apple before, looks to be similar as from another Samsung device https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/smart-switch-how-to-use-smart-switch-to-transfer-ios-device-to-galaxy-device/

WhatsApp and Viber don't allow you to automatically copy over so make sure to back up to Google Drive first and then restore it on the new phone, you won't lose anything that way.

I don't think Whatsapp from iOS to Android is that simple, unless things have changed. iOS use iCloud to backup and Android use Google Drive. There are apps out there that can do the transfer, but I don't think they're flawless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

dan786 wrote: »
    Returned my Note 10+ from Three due to lose sim tray - 1049 prepay. Ordered a Snapdragon one for 815 Euros from Eglobal. 200+ saving and a better chip.

How long for delivery?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Marty Bird wrote: »
    How long for delivery?

Have not received it yet, takes about 2 Weeks normally. I ordered from UK site to Addresspal Note 10+ at 728£.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Have not received it yet, takes about 2 Weeks normally. I ordered from UK site to Addresspal Note 10+ at 728£.

How does it work for updates compared to the European chip? I'm aware warranty isn't valid but am more worried about updates

How does it work for updates compared to the European chip? I'm aware warranty isn't valid but am more worried about updates
    Updates will still arrive but some people on reddit were saying that the exynos SoC has more frequent updates then snapdragon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Got a second September update last night. Small 4.6MB update. Says improved call quality or similar.

I got my Note 10+ at last, ooooh mammy it's a thing of beauty. The camera cut out is far less noticable than on the S10. There is a size difference between it and the Note 9, I notice I'm getting thumb strain by stretching over a bit, first world problems I know.

I got my Note 10+ at last, ooooh mammy it's a thing of beauty. The camera cut out is far less noticable than on the S10. There is a size difference between it and the Note 9, I notice I'm getting thumb strain by stretching over a bit, first world problems I know.

I thought the 10+ was slightly narrower.

I thought the 10+ was slightly narrower.

It is slightly narrower but the screen is bigger, getting to the top right hand corner with your left hand is a bit more of a stretch than with the 9.

1 thing that has really impressed me is the writing to word option, I have TERRIBLE handwriting and so far it hasn't gotten anything wrong yet. Oh yeah, I left the plastic on the screen and it's a decent screen protector, in fact I only left it on by mistake and normally screen protectors annoy me, I don't even notice this 1, I might pick up a "proper" 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Hi folks, I'm considering this as my next phone. Where is currently doing the best payg deal? Would need free calls and unlimited Internet in the deal.

I'm on Virgin for 25 a month unlimited calls text and data, never had an issue with it, I always get pay from my phones up front so I don't know about any deals that might be around.

Eglobal is now down to £708 for Aura Glow 10+ so 800 Euros. 300+ less than here/Samsung.

https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/kkbjsnzcuatb8zm2oudk-en.html?tduid=b828f40325dbfbcf614651a1e6c3e6bc

Eglobal is now down to £708 for Aura Glow 10+ so 800 Euros. 300+ less than here/Samsung.

https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/kkbjsnzcuatb8zm2oudk-en.html?tduid=b828f40325dbfbcf614651a1e6c3e6bc

you received yours yet?

also, i cant find any galaxy notes when i search on the uk website, only the eu one, is it just me?

you received yours yet?

also, i cant find any galaxy notes when i search on the uk website, only the eu one, is it just me?

No Samsung devices show up when searching on UK site. Go to mobiles and sort from high to low price, all models will pop up.

I got it delivered to Addresspal in UK and was delivered to them on Tuesday so hoping to have it Monday/Tuesday.

EU site is much higher prices on all items. Same phone was 150 more on EU one.

Thanks, have used the site before for smaller items such as apple tv and headphones, but still in two minds about something so expensive as the note because of lack of warranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Has anyone got a SD version here? If so if on Vodafone does wifi calling and VoLTE work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

rizzee wrote: »

I bought this. Arrived Monday. Cheaper through UK site at 712£ which is just over 800 here. They bulk ship to UK and then send from there so no chance of customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a SD version here? If so if on Vodafone does wifi calling and VoLTE work?

I'm on the 5G version from Samsung UK.
    I'm on Vodafone and it shows wifi calling and VoLTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I bought this. Arrived Monday. Cheaper through UK site at 712£ which is just over 800 here. They bulk ship to UK and then send from there so no chance of customers.

Thanks for the share guys. so tempted at global prices, although 5% deal ended still at 750 stg is 843e approx not bad at all. Worth using these guys so I presume. Which is best version Samsung or snapdragon one. Presume snapdragon.

5g worth it changing in a year or so. prob not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Thanks for the share guys. so tempted at global prices, although 5% deal ended still at 750 stg is 843e approx not bad at all. Worth using these guys so I presume. Which is best version Samsung or snapdragon one. Presume snapdragon.

5g worth it changing in a year or so. prob not?

I see Vodafone are now offering a free set of galaxy buds with the S10/Note 10 range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I see Vodafone are now offering a free set of galaxy buds with the S10/Note 10 range.

Same with Virgin

It's a Samsung offer so everyone will get them, very annoying that preorders get nothing imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Hi all,

How are people getting on with their Note 10+'s?

I'm thinking of upgrading from a Note 8, I really like the phone and there's nothing wrong with it but I want something dual sim.

I see the Note 10+ has a dual sim model - can anyone tell me the difference between the regular Note 10+ version and the dual sim version?

Also, what is the deal with the likes of warranty etc if I buy from Eglobal? Do I have any comeback if I get a dud device? I normally pay full price to Vodafone or a high street brand for the piece of mind but I don't think I can walk into a bricks and mortar phone shop here and buy the Note 10+ Dual sim?

Advertisement