Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrist burned from fitness tracker watch

Options
  • 30-06-2019 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

5 weeks ago I purchased a Fitness tracker watch on Amazon for £65

Last Friday I took watch off for a shower and my wrist is badly burned all around where the watch was.

I don't have sensitive skin or anything.

Anyway just sharing I contacted Amazon last night they emailed me today I can return watch, I've to email them a detailed report and add my photos and they have stopped the seller from selling the watches.

I'll post here again any developments.

I didn't go to a doctor I think it will heal itself but I won't be wearing watches any time soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i have to think it wasn't a heat burn or you would have noticed, so friction, or reaction to materials in strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I hazard a guess the watch has a silicon strap and is non breathable When fitted close to the skin heat ,sweat and other moisture is causing the actual reactions.

Ditch the strap for something less irritating and keep clean and dry for the next while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Thats not a burn, its basically a bad nappy rash type thing.

More than likely fungal from the heat and sweat.

Get some daktarin cream for it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Can you show us a photo or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

I bought a Fitbit versa back in Feb. It started giving me pains in my arm ....like a dull pain in the bones of the arm. It's hard to describe but it stopped a little while after I took the watch off. Got a full refund from Fitbit no questions asked once I returned the watch. My wife has the same one and she has no pain. Strange !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭homer911

First shower in 5 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Had the same type of rash using both the fitbit supplied strap and a silicone aftermarket one.

Purchased a canvas strap for working out and also a stainless steel one for "best". No problems with either of these.

Fitbit has the advantage of just being able to pop it out of one strap and into the next so it's no hassle to chop and change.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Had the same issue with my Garmin.

Didn't matter how clean I kept it, it would always flare up if worn overnight, which was annoying as sleep tracking is a big feature.

I stopped wearing it at night and it stopped fairly quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Not a burn, it's a fungal infection from not washing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

Probably an allergy or contact dermatitis. I stopped wearing my smartwatch as a result of same problem.

https://www.firstderm.com/fitbit-rash-allergy-or-contact-dermatitis/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

That’s just a sweat rash from a crappy non breathable strap

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

....which you also wore too tightly by the looks of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Sue em for 85k

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My sister had to stop wearing hers as it gave her severe headaches within an hour or two of putting it on. She thought at first it was coincidence but tried it several times and each time she got a severe headache an hour or so after putting it on, she’d take it off and the headache would clear up within 30-40 minutes.

Advertisement