Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indicator signal not working. NCT Fail ?

Options
  • 30-06-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

I'm putting a 1989 car through it's NCT shortly. I've just noticed that one of the indicator signals on the dash isn't working, the indicators themselves are fine though.

Given it's a classic car will it fail it's NCT because of this ? It's a real pain to get at the cluster and not a job I'd intended to do yet though I will at some stage.

Are they a little more lenient on old cars ?

Cheers.

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,477 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Don't matter if it's a "classic" - will still fail.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You might get lucky - if the tester doesn't spot it or is having a good day. But technically it would be a fail.

It would only be a visual retest so if you think everything else is sorted it might be worth a go.

My car went through a dozen NCTs before some bright spark noticed the handbrake light on the dash didn't light up when the handbrake was on. That was an annoying day.

Advertisement