Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theory test category am

Options
  • 30-06-2019 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

Think I made a mistake , I booked my motorbike test category AM but I thibk that only covers me for mopeds does it ?

Was just looking through the sections and wondering does it include a1 etc basically will category am cover me for all types of bikes ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dmigsy

No, you're fine. It's the one theory test for all motorcycles and mopeds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

dmigsy wrote: »
    No, you're fine. It's the one theory test for all motorcycles and mopeds

Perfect thanks for that

Just another quick question about , I passed my test today but was wondering if I need to do another eye test before I go queing up inside for nothing.

I already have a full car licence so I’m assuming I don’t need another eye test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

You don't need another eye test. Congratulations on passing the theory test.

You don't need another eye test. Congratulations on passing the theory test.

Sweet I taught as much but just wanted make sure. Sound, delighted finally got it

• Advertisement

Might aswel stay in this thread.

Can anyone explain the story with the IBT coarse , like I’m a bit confused about what category I’ll need.

I just want to ride motorbikes , maybe start off with a 125/250 and move up eventually so What coarse do I need to complete ?

If you're 24 years old or over get tick the box for category A learner permit on the NDLS form.

Talk to an IBT instructor and tell them you have a category A permit - they'll do the rest. Instructor will probably start you out on a small CC bike and then onto a larger cc one.

If you're 24 years old or over get tick the box for category A learner permit on the NDLS form.

Talk to an IBT instructor and tell them you have a category A permit - they'll do the rest. Instructor will probably start you out on a small CC bike and then onto a larger cc one.

Sound for that. Just out of the ndls there now but I ticked all 4 motorbike boxes , that’s ok isn’t it ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Sound for that. Just out of the ndls there now but I ticked all 4 motorbike boxes , that’s ok isn’t it ?

Also I’m 29, should I only have ticked the one box ? I’m clueless to all this stuff to be honest

You will be fine ticking all the boxes or just the A box. I ticked just A and my license has all the smaller categories applied anyway.

The A category alone incorporates all the others.

• Advertisement

You will be fine ticking all the boxes or just the A box. I ticked just A and my license has all the smaller categories applied anyway.

The A category alone incorporates all the others.

Thanks for the help man

Advertisement