Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's world cup

Options
  • 30-06-2019 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭

Why are these threads being closed. Major events have always been allowed in AH.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving to Help Desk as this a specific issue.

Gave you contacted the forum mods to ask why?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,555 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hi

There has been an interesting thread on the womens world cup. No abuse no troll posts just sensible chat about the current games and mods have moved to the soccer forum!

Yes i know its a "soccer related thread" but not everyone has/wants access to that forum. During the world cup last year there was a thread (maybe more?) That were not moved so why can't we have one that allows us to chat about the womens world cup without the hoop jumping access requirements that the soccer forum requires?

How mamy times do we have to have feedback threads about the pedantry of mods moving threads to the "appropriate forums"?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hi

There has been an interesting thread on the womens world cup. No abuse no troll posts just sensible chat about the current games and mods have moved to the soccer forum!
    We already have a thread on this topic, so I have merged the two in Help Desk

As dudara has mentioned in response to the original OP, have you discussed this with the relevant mod(s)?

Beasty wrote: »
    We already have a thread on this topic, so I have merged the two in Help Desk

As dudara has mentioned in response to the original OP, have you discussed this with the relevant mod(s)?

Pm.sent to the mod who closed it.

Ok the mod who closed the thread has replied
    There was a dedicated world cup forum set up by the soccer mods and admins that was open to all. All threads were moved there. Nothing to do with us. You'd have to ask them why they didn't do one for the women's world cup.

Didnt know this was set up by the socver mods/admins for the world cup. Want to also say I'm not bad mouthing or saying the mods were wrong for moving the threads as i know that threads with a dedicated forum get moved (soccer, TV, politics etc)

Is there any chance we could have an open thread for this? We're at the semi final stage so not sure if feasible or worth the trouble but t'would be nice.

If England lose against the US i will obviously ask for all records of the womens world cup to be purged from the site :D

• Advertisement

So is this just going to be ignored?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies but I've been at a different World Cup for a few days

There is an active thread on the Women's World Cup in the Soccer Forum. You are welcome to post there once you have been given access to the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There is an active thread on the Women's World Cup in the Soccer Forum. You are welcome to post there once you have been given access to the forum

Nobody is going to the trouble of that to post in one thread, probably be over anyway before approval.

The point is there has always been threads in AH for major events. Even the men's world cup had a thread.

I tried to gain access before, i post 90% on my phone. You need to read an essay and find 2 words that are in italics. Not that easy on a small screen and not worth the effort (i tried 3 times btw).

Advertisement