Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small lawn advice please

Options
  • 30-06-2019 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

20190629-110523.jpg

20190630-191517.jpg

Got a small (15 sq meters) piece of lawn installed as sods a few years ago at the rear of our house, south east facing. Gets a good bit of sun during the day. Currently not looking great as you can see.

Earlier this year I tried putting down Miracle Gro Evergreen and also seeds (Goulding Luxury Lawn Seed), not realising the weed control aspect of the Miracle Gro would prevent the seeds sprouting.

Gave it a month and then tried the seeds on their own mixed with some potting compost and using Miracle Gro Lawn Food. Still nothing happening (and seems to have gotten worse).

Should I just completely dig up those patches and replace with another soil (anf if so what?).

Any tips appreciated!

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I'd rip it out, put in clean top soil and finish off with some roll out grass, add plenty of water and bingo, a nice new lawn within three weeks.

Advertisement