Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approaching a parent that doesn’t know about you..

Options
  • 30-06-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all. Just looking for some guidance on how to approach the situation I’m currently in.
    I recently found out who my father is and have no idea how to approach him. as far as I know, he doesn’t know about me and there was never a relationship between himself and my mother.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Sleeper12 wrote:
    Congratulations and best of luck for the future.

A posted letter with all your information and contact details is the best way IMHO. Allws him to digest and puts the contact ball in his court.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Going via a social worker or a mutual acquaintance/friend would be best rather than confronting him in person. If he doesn't know you exist, he's going to be very shocked to hear about you to say the least. Does your mother not have any kind of contact with him or did she not tell him when she was pregnant?

Advertisement