Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA

Options
  • 30-06-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I spoke back to a mod and got banned

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You have received a 1 month ban. The first step in the appeals process is to attempt to resolve this directly with the mod via PM. Have you done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

I have Beasty. The mod has sent me to here

"You may appeal in the Dispute Resolution forum. I won't be changing my mind.
    Actions taken on others people's posts aren't your concern."

Fair tbh but me being banned on the gaa side of things for a month is crazy. Read the thread and who was against whi at the time.

I am a Tyrone supporter. I make no qualms about those who arent (everyone). I didnt let you down last year and i wouldn't this time. Read the thread when I was banned

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Strabanimal,

Can you forward to me or post here the pm's you exchanged with the mod and I'll take a look.

You have been banned
    Dear Strabanimal,

You have been banned from GAA for one month for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Hammer Archer

Moderator Note

Fair enough, if you want to play it like that.

• Advertisement

I said something and the mod said this:
    You may appeal in the Dispute Resolution forum. I won't be changing my mind.
    Actions taken on others people's posts aren't your concern.

How do you find sent pms? He made two posts rather than responding to the issue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thanks.

You may not be able to find sent pms unless you changed the settings to save them (default is to not save for some reason).

I've asked the mod for his side of it and once I get that will take a look at the posts he deemed actionable.

Hi.
    Sorry for the delay, I've asked the mod again for the info I need to review.

Hi Strabanimal,

I've reviewed the mod action and can summarise it as follows:

This was not a ban for a single post , it was a culmination of disruptive posting over the past few weeks.

You got an on-thread warning not to post in the Donegal thread which you complied with, however you took your dislike of Donegal to the Tyrone thread instead and received a red card for it on 27-05-2019 23:10

Following that You were given an on-thread warning 9-06-2019, 21:11 in the 2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship thread.
    Mod: Quit the anti Donegal crap that you constantly come out with.

Following that you posted the following (amongst other things) on 29-6-2019
    Dweeb bolding the fact you're a mod on boards.ie and ridiculing my opinion as "crap".

All the mexican dweebs liking your post too. You must feel powerful. That's why we laugh at how weak you mexicans are. Precisely why.
    No mod note for him. Been talking crap the entire day. That's Mod logic
    No point in arguing with a lonely argumentative loser on the forum. Let us look forward to the draw
    Lol.

Glad i'm not the only one who noticed he's creating arguments because he's an alcho

These posts are simply not acceptable on boards as a whole let alone the GAA forum.

Site and forum rules are there to accommodate healthy discussion, not insults, digs, or personal abuse towards another user or (specific to sports) a team or member or representative of that team.

I cannot see any evidence that the mod acted outside their remit here or made an error in applying the ban.

I would also suggest that you read my above summation and think about what you are about to post before you hit the submit button in future when your ban expires.

Mod action upheld.

Per DRP, you may appeal this decision to admin if you wish, please let me know.

Can you let us know if you wish to appeal further or can this be closed?

• Advertisement

Yeah I would like to continue my appeal.

I find it appalling there's no active single county board in the 6 counties and no real active posters.

Donegal are our main rivals and far worse is said that what I have done. I complied with not posting in the donegal thread. Look at who I was replying to in those quotes. Also look at what the Donegal board says about the Tyrone team all the time.

Thanks, I'll flag this for admin review.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'll take a look at this later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Okay, I took a look at the ban in question, and the events leading up to it, and it's as clear-cut as it gets IMO.

As Steve pointed out earlier, your ban wasn't a result of a single post, it was a culmination of disruptive posting over the past few weeks, that you happily escalated into becoming a ban. There is a larger picture in play here.

Respect is important from both sides in DRP threads, but the politest way I can describe your posting style is as being a series of low brow jabs at other posters or teams, followed by a smart-arsed response to any mod who has the audacity to pull you up on your behaviour. You certainly had this ban coming, and I see no reason to overturn it.

You need to seriously reconsider your attitude in the forum, both towards posters and the mods who have to deal with your posts, and I recommend you use the next month off to do so. Because if you continue to post in the same manner, I see no issue with the next mod action being a permanent forum ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement