Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any 192's yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

shanec1928 wrote: »
    fiesta ST?

Nope. Knocked that one on the head for now.

Focus ST Line. Derv burner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Golf gti and audi think it was a Q3 in dun laoghaire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Seen a few 192-D-XXX today. A Honda CR-V, some Citroen SUV, a truck, and a red Opel Corsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Gorgeous black Porsche on the stillorgan bypass yesterday & 2 black camry’s On the m11 Wicklow(maybe same one twice!)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Gorgeous black Porsche on the stillorgan bypass yesterday & 2 black camry’s On the m11 Wicklow(maybe same one twice!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

mondeo wrote: »
    Seen a 192 6 series Coupe on the M50 earlier. Looked a million Dollars, in black. Nice looking vehicle!

8 series? 6 is gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I must be getting old, I find myself car spotting these days just as much as when I was a young fella, but genuinely so, so little interests me in the new car market any more.

The amount of crossovers, mid-exec saloons and super minis on stilts cluttering the roads around Dundalk have me bored. The guts of of 60,000 people in the wider area and nothing I see on a daily basis excites me any more. Bucket loads of 19x regs about, but its a yawnfest looking at the cars attached to them. Sour grapes? Nah, fair play to anyone that takes the plunge on a new car, its a big decision. Just a shame nicer, slightly older cars aren't really entertained any more in favor of the safer, more boring choice.

Not saying everyone should go and buy an 8 series, but one came down the road towards me today and my heart jumped a good 100 metres out, I said to myself "what's THIS". Low, super wide, aggressive. A joy to see on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I must be getting old, I find myself car spotting these days just as much as when I was a young fella, but genuinely so, so little interests me in the new car market any more.

The amount of crossovers, mid-exec saloons and super minis on stilts cluttering the roads around Dundalk have me bored. The guts of of 60,000 people in the wider area and nothing I see on a daily basis excites me any more. Bucket loads of 19x regs about, but its a yawnfest looking at the cars attached to them. Sour grapes? Nah, fair play to anyone that takes the plunge on a new car, its a big decision. Just a shame nicer, slightly older cars aren't really entertained any more in favor of the safer, more boring choice.

Not saying everyone should go and buy an 8 series, but one came down the road towards me today and my heart jumped a good 100 metres out, I said to myself "what's THIS". Low, super wide, aggressive. A joy to see on the road.

I started following EVs because of the above type of situation.

I tried a Toyota CHR back in January (was someone else looking to buy and it was very meh.

In contrast the new Leaf I tried 2 days later felt like being a small boy discovering a cool new toy.

I also sprinted half way across a car park before Christmas to get a better look at a silver Tesla Model S (1st time seeing a Model S in the flesh). That NEVER happens with normal modern cars.

Edit if it was a choice between Leaf and CHR - I would learn to live with the Leafs issues just because the CHR was so forgettable to drive.

The Leaf is at least interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Old diesel wrote: »
    I started following EVs because of the above type of situation.

I tried a Toyota CHR back in January (was someone else looking to buy and it was very meh.

In contrast the new Leaf I tried 2 days later felt like being a small boy discovering a cool new toy.

I also sprinted half way across a car park before Christmas to get a better look at a silver Tesla Model S (1st time seeing a Model S in the flesh). That NEVER happens with normal modern cars.

Edit if it was a choice between Leaf and CHR - I would learn to live with the Leafs issues just because the CHR was so forgettable to drive.

The Leaf is at least interesting

I'd prefer a leaP carD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just noticed one of my neighbours has two new cars. I seen them out checking the first one the evening they got it but have no idea when they got the second one must have been yesterday or the day before. They are both Dacia's one is a Duster 192-xx-143 and the second one is a Sandero Stepway in white 192-xx-200.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

AMKC wrote: »
    Just noticed one of my neighbours has two new cars. I seen them out checking the first one the evening they got it but have no idea when they got the second one must have been yesterday or the day before. They are both Dacia's one is a Duster 192-xx-143 and the second one is a Sandero Stepway in white 192-xx-200.
    Must be a 2for1 deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I agree a lot of the modern cars are very boring now and the touchscreens on the dash to do everything is boring too. The new Mazda 3 do is a stunner in both 5 door and saloon version and hopefully they will sell well. Mazda stay away from using touch screens too which makes it a safer car than cars with touchscreens too as no distraction from one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spotted a white 192 T Tucson and a 192 D Black Santa Fe in Kilkenny today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I agree a lot of the modern cars are very boring now and the touchscreens on the dash to do everything is boring too. The new Mazda 3 do is a stunner in both 5 door and saloon version and hopefully they will sell well. Mazda stay away from using touch screens too which makes it a safer car than cars with touchscreens too as no distraction from one.

How would a rotary control and steering wheel buttons be safer than touchscreen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

vectra wrote: »
    How would a rotary control and steering wheel buttons be safer than touchscreen?

It's a lot easier to use a rotary wheel & steering wheel buttons without taking your eyes off the road. That's my experience anyway. I find I have to look at a a touchscreen when making adjustments.

Comhra wrote: »
    It's a lot easier to use a rotary wheel & steering wheel buttons without taking your eyes off the road. That's my experience anyway. I find I have to look at a a touchscreen when making adjustments.

Would you still not have to look at the screen to see what is on it?
    Cant see how turning a rotary control is any safer than touching a screen. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Test drove the new Mazda 3. The GT has a quality interior for its class, seats a bit uncomfortable for me though and I found the acceleration woeful. So nice style but that drivetrain sucks. Like previous posters said I'm going to get a nice spec IS300H instead maybe 3/4 years old. It will be a nice upgrade on my 06 Mazda 3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

vectra wrote: »
    Would you still not have to look at the screen to see what is on it?
    Cant see how turning a rotary control is any safer than touching a screen. :confused:

You don't have to stare at the rotary control when you use it.

Touchscreens have a lot of info and apps that you have to locate before touching and you're tempted to be distracted selecting the various functions.

Here's the new Audi A4 touchscreen. Too much distraction there, I believe.

(Apologies for the huge image)

2020-Audi-A4-interior.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Oooops I must have entered the wrong thread!

Silly me thought this was about 192 reg spots, but it's obviously about ergonomics of switches vs touchscreens.

Can anyone tell me where the 192 reg spots has gone to?

• Advertisement

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    Oooops I must have entered the wrong thread!

Silly me thought this was about 192 reg spots, but it's obviously about ergonomics of switches vs touchscreens.

Can anyone tell me where the 192 reg spots has gone to?

Did you spot any on your journey here? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Anyone got the numbers for the first ten day??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

192 d 5303, blue i30N in Raheny

I’d imagine a demonstrator, but even still, nice to see!

192 Lexus LS500h with very discreet Intercontinental (hotel) livery parked outside.....the Westin. Just now

Chauffeur doing a few nixers maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

192 CE 1 - Toyota CH-R in Shannon Town Centre earlier

192 d 5303, blue i30N in Raheny

I’d imagine a demonstrator, but even still, nice to see!

PhEjWU4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

You're not wrong...not that long ago affordable small and medium size mid range sports and coupe cars like the Puma, Celica, Hyundai Coupe, Honda Prelude, MR2, various hot hatch versions were pretty common place- some people bought cars like these purely for a bit of fun.
    Now it's all SUVs, crossovers and economy driven motors. Sadly i can only see this getting worse :(. No one is building cars for fun any more really not least because they can't afford to.

The thing is - there should be no need for normal cars to be totally boring.

Take the K11 Micra for example - it looked a bit different and even though it wasnt *a drivers car* it still had some life to it.

You could bond with it in a way you simply can't with a 1.6 ecodrive SUV.

People will remember that K11 they drove around Ireland in with their buddies 10 to 15 years ago.

They won't remember the 1.6 ecodrive SUV

Black Kia Stonic this morning.

Kia did a decent job with these styling wise striking a nice balance between hatchback and crossover.

And that's on a black car - which I think might not be the best for a Stonic as some of the details of the Stonics styling might be getting lost.

But in that annoying modern way I don't think it's supposed to be that hot on things like ride comfort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

Take the K11 Micra for example - it looked a bit different and even though it wasnt *a drivers car* it still had some life to it.

People will remember that K11 they drove around Ireland in with their buddies 10 to 15 years ago.

I dont think ecodrive and SUV are compatible. These days the majority of so called SUVs are simply the less eco versions of their hatchback equivalents.

Saw a 192 D 8 series a couple of days back. Must say it stood out from the crowd and far nicer, although crucially far less imposing, than the NI reg X7 I saw last Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

When I drove past Windsor in Galway last week, they were still advertising "the new 191" to be available.

Dunno if they have updated the signage since.

/M

• Advertisement

creedp wrote: »

I dont think ecodrive and SUV are compatible. These days the majority of so called SUVs are simply the less eco versions of their hatchback equivalents.

Saw a 192 D 8 series a couple of days back. Must say it stood out from the crowd and far nicer, although crucially far less imposing, than the NI reg X7 I saw last Sunday.

Good point.....

The ecodrive bit was reference to the eco name these cars often come with - ie VWs bluemotion.

Not the cars actual green credentials

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭GusGus

Anyone got the numbers for 192 ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

There's seems to be loads of 192 on the road already.
    I've three 192 local to me already, (all in the same estate) as follows

#1 Mercedes Benz E Class coupe replaced a 161 Mercedes Benz C Class
    #2 Mercedes Benz CLA coupe replaced a 181 Mercedes Benz CLA coupe
    #3 Toyota Corolla replaced a 151 Toyota Avensis

The Mercedes Benz E Class coupe isn't the same car as posted last week (above)

I'm not going to take a photo of a car in someone driveway!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

New shape CLA?

New shape CLA?

Yes

New shape CLA?

It does look great, the colour I wasn't too sure on, but it is growing on me!!

The colour I think is: Mountain grey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

192WH34 Red new shape Mazda 3 hatch.

Don't like the proportions of it at all, it's all C-pillar and rear window looks absolutely tiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Some really nice 192 metal out there.

Beautiful grey 192 D 840d on O Connell St in Limerick on Saturday and a cracking piano black S63 parked up in Clayton Hotel car park in Cork Saturday night.

S63 is a beast ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Just spent a few mins in traffic behind a 192 KE G20 in silver, WAY too much Lexus about it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Saw my first 192 D yesterday as I was heading to catch the ferry in Cherbourg (it was coming in the opposite direction on the motorway)

• Advertisement

Saw a nice 192-D-163 Mini Cooper Sport 2 door in Orange. no photo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Saw my first 192 D yesterday as I was heading to catch the ferry in Cherbourg (it was coming in the opposite direction on the motorway)

<---- Thinly veiled brag about ones holidays!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    <---- Thinly veiled brag about ones holidays!
    Wasn't meant to be. More of a "if I just bought a new SUV (Hyundai I think), I wouldn't bring it on a car ferry where it would get scratched or doored!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

Saw 2 together on M1 today. A Ford Fiesta + Seat Leon. Are small cars back in vogue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

appledrop wrote: »
    Saw 2 together on M1 today. A Ford Fiesta + Seat Leon. Are small cars back in vogue?

Hardly ... Skoda Kodiaq and VW Amarok on the way out of Dublin on N4 / M4 this afternoon. Should have a picture of the Amarok on my dash cam. Need to grab that tomorrow.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Saw a few this evening, Dacia duster, Audi A4, Hyundai Tucson and a Kia Sportage

White, SWB low roof transit van with a hitch ?

Really don't think theres anything uglier than the 192 Santa Fey's. Dafuk happened in Hyundai, did they hire RR designers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

appledrop wrote: »

I don't think you could make an argument for that based on the coincidence of two 192s together on a motorway.

The Tucson was the best seller last year, but in June just gone these were the top 20. Incidentally Porsche shifted 4 Panameras in the month, the boom is back baby.

Rank Car Number licensed
    1 Toyota Corolla 146
    2 Volkswagen Golf 131
    3 Opel Astra 115
    4 Ford Focus 105
    5 Renault Kadjar 97
    5 Seat Arona 97
    7 Dacia Duster 92
    7 Hyundai Tucson 92
    9 Renault Captur 86
    9 Volkswagen Polo 86
    9 Volkswagen Tiguan 86
    12 Skoda Octavia 85
    13 Renault Megane 80
    14 Toyota Yaris 77
    15 Volkswagen Passat 75
    16 Dacia Sandero 74
    16 Hyundai Kona 74
    18 Renault Clio 70
    19 Opel Corsa 64
    19 Toyota C-HR 64
    21 BMW 3 Series 59
    21 Nissan Micra 59

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I don't think you could make an argument for that based on the coincidence of two 192s together on a motorway.

The Tucson was the best seller last year, but in June just gone these were the top 20. Incidentally Porsche shifted 4 Panameras in the month, the boom is back baby.

Rank Car Number licensed
    1 Toyota Corolla 146
    2 Volkswagen Golf 131
    3 Opel Astra 115
    4 Ford Focus 105
    5 Renault Kadjar 97
    5 Seat Arona 97
    7 Dacia Duster 92
    7 Hyundai Tucson 92
    9 Renault Captur 86
    9 Volkswagen Polo 86
    9 Volkswagen Tiguan 86
    12 Skoda Octavia 85
    13 Renault Megane 80
    14 Toyota Yaris 77
    15 Volkswagen Passat 75
    16 Dacia Sandero 74
    16 Hyundai Kona 74
    18 Renault Clio 70
    19 Opel Corsa 64
    19 Toyota C-HR 64
    21 BMW 3 Series 59
    21 Nissan Micra 59

I don't agree about the boom for Porsche as they had more sales last year than this year.

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Total
    2019 3 4 9 10 11 3 - - - - - - 40
    2018 23 7 7 6 10 2 - - - - - - 55

Advertisement