Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 19 ENTRIES

• 01-07-2019 9:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Anyone get one yet ? It keeps crashing here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

They've just tweeted site is down at present and working to fix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭tony stark

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got in after 55 minutes of swearing, then politely told them off for technical ineptitude. The number of times the site fell over is completely unacceptable for any production system, particularly for one that is going to be hit in spikes like a ticketing one will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭seanin4711

around the same time

Westport to Achill - MCI
    Chester UK - flat
    Lough Ness UK - super scenic
    Frankfurt - great

the list goes on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Lots of fails but did eventually get as far as entering the card payment details, then it crashed again saying there was nothing in my order. I'm assuming that I didn't get in as had no email from them, but you can never be sure.

The payment processing for a site like that should be rock solid, even if the event entries pages are a bit flakey.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

seanin4711 wrote: »
    around the same time

Westport to Achill - MCI

Do you have a link for that as I'm only seeing events in March time. Need to see if it would fit in with UK half term dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Really frustrating. Have been trying since 8:59 this morning :( Numerous attempts getting as far as entering payment details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭seanin4711

robinph wrote: »
    Do you have a link for that as I'm only seeing events in March time. Need to see if it would fit in with UK half term dates.

"Cezary Lubinski
    21 hrs
    Have been gone from marathon scene this year as a result of training for 🏊🚴🏃,
    However following events still happening this year:
    Enniscrone Marathon (O'Dubhda Challenge) - 6th October,
    Westport2Achill - October 19th,
    achill2Westport - October 20th,
    Belleek Marathon Challenge - November 9th/10th.
    Registration is open for Enniscrone one, rest will open this week!
    Keep on running guys!"

from this guys FB page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

I rather luckily managed to get a spot at around 10.30am. Basically just hounded the refresh button for an hour and a half...perseverance is key :) Mind you it did fail twice on the payment screen when entering the credit card details. It was down to the last 50 tickets when it finally worked on my 3rd attempt.

In the time it took to get my reservation I reckon my team at work could have strung together a better website than that piece of sh!te.

Advertisement