Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2019 reselling tickets

Options
  • 01-07-2019 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I wasnt able to get a ticket this morning when the final batch of tickets went on sale for DCM. Do you think there'll be more tickets on sale closer to the time? People pulling out? Getting injuries etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

lynch5009 wrote: »
    Hi, I wasnt able to get a ticket this morning when the final batch of tickets went on sale for DCM. Do you think there'll be more tickets on sale closer to the time? People pulling out? Getting injuries etc?

Unfortunately not. That's what this batch was for. Won't be any more as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lynch5009

Would people who already have tickets but change their minds sell their tickets if they weren't using them? I know a huge number of people dont run the marathon every year.

Would it be possible to run the marathon using someone else's entry? (I know this may not strictly be allowed :/)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

lynch5009 wrote: »
    Would people who already have tickets but change their minds sell their tickets if they weren't using them? I know a huge number of people dont run the marathon every year.

Would it be possible to run the marathon using someone else's entry? (I know this may not strictly be allowed :/)

That's what this batch of tickets was. People who had booked a place but couldn't run it, so we're given the option for the first time of returning their entry so it could be resold.

What you're suggesting isn't allowed - I'm sure it happens alright, but isn't strictly allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Was curious about this and checked their FAQ. Apparently the "transfer window" was two weeks in June. No mention of a follow up transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Loads will come up on Toutless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bobdylan74

Toutless

KBC Dublin Marathon 2019 | 27th Oct 2019 | Dublin City
    Post by toast » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:45 am

We are not allowing listings for this as Marathon terms and conditions do not allow transfer of entries as there are waivers and medical information attached to each entry.

Any other Ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

They are always available on adverts an done deal. Set up an alert and wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

where there is a will there is a way!
    I understand the registered person needs to collect the pack with their ID at the expo before the even tho so youd need to meet them in person there and then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Given the nature of marathon training there really should be another transfer window closer to the event, nobody atm could 100% say they won't pick up an injury over the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

where there is a will there is a way!
    I understand the registered person needs to collect the pack with their ID at the expo before the even tho so youd need to meet them in person there and then

I'm previous years you've been allowed to collect other people's numbers, providing that person has given written confirmation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Given the nature of marathon training there really should be another transfer window closer to the event, nobody atm could 100% say they won't pick up an injury over the next few weeks

Think they’ve been v accommodating this year. Realistically, anyone who wanted to run DCM this year could have.

Not too many big city marathons where you’re guaranteed entry. And can get a refund 4 months before race.

Nobody can say they’ll be injury free 4 weeks from the start. That’s the nature of marathon running.

I’ve been critical in past of lack of transfers but July is pretty generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The likelihood of no-shows due to late injury would have been factored in to the decision on how many entries to accept in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement