Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA - Another query...add kids to existing?

Options
  • 01-07-2019 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi,

Travelling to the US on the 20th of July with the wife and three kids.

I renewed ESTA for myself and the wife which is still valid until Nov '19.

I need to get ESTA for the kids (all under 18) so can I apply again for the 5 of us so we have the same expiration date or just get the kids new ones? Afraid of being in conflict with my existing one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

Just apply for ESTA for anyone who doesn’t already have a valid one i.e. the three children. Don’t apply for a new one if you have an existing valid one. If you have gotten a new passport in the interim you also need a new ESTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

comment wrote: »
    Just apply for ESTA for anyone who doesn’t already have a valid one i.e. the three children. Don’t apply for a new one if you have an existing valid one. If you have gotten a new passport in the interim you also need a new ESTA.

Thank you for the reply - so I take it they will have to be individual applications and not a group one as all under 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MrMischief wrote: »

Thank you for the reply - so I take it they will have to be individual applications and not a group one as all under 18?

There's nothing on the ESTA website that says you can't have people under the age of 18 in a group.

But once you've paid for an an individual or group application, you cannot add people to it so you can't add your children to the ESTA that covers you and your wife.

You have two choices....

1. Submit a group application for the kids. As you said, they will then have a different expiration date than you and your wife but is that a big deal?

2. Submit a group application for all of you. The existing ESTA approvals for your wife and you will be cancelled.

Each individual's ESTA approval expires with their passport so chances are that one or more of you will have to apply for a new ESTA before your next trip so I wouldn't be bothered trying to keep all of you in sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Thanks

Advertisement