Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Football 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭rogeyspoint

In Again

Bergenfield Bears, Division 8 Champion.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

adrian522 wrote: »
    You would like to change it to points scored I think if I remember?

Again I wouldn't be against that at all, the reason it is H2H is to better mirror the real NFL and also to have less chance of meaningless games at the end of the season (i.e the last round of games are all divisional games).

The argument against it is that H2H rewards one big win (Where your opponent could have injuries or players on a bye) whereas points scored rewards consistency throughout the season.

Again with this one it would probably make sense to have a poll that would run throughout the off season to allow people to vote on it. We could try to run a poll now but it doesn't give a lot of time until leagues need to be setup etc.

Might have to wait till next year at this point, but I definitely think points scored is more transparent and will see the better season overall rewarded in case of a tiebreak.

Changing this shouldn’t impact scheduling or concept of divisions.

But as I say, understand if it’s too late to change it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Back in again... division 8 all the way

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hey, Can someone post the division 5 standings from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

In. OhLookAnEagle, Premier Division

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

In again, Stompers in Premier....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

Haven't played on boards.ie before but would love to start a team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

skippy1977 wrote: »

Me too, is this the correct thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Back in again if there's still space, was in division 5 last year Gordon's chargers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hope i got the right thread, but I'd like to join if theres still room

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

skippy1977 wrote: »
    Me too, is this the correct thread?
    Hope i got the right thread, but I'd like to join if theres still room

This is the correct thread, I should have divisions finalsised in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Brenty

In again lads The Orange Organics division 6

Divisions are set and posted on the first post of the thread. Anyone posting after this will be added to the bottom.

If you posted before the deadline and are not in the divisions posted please PM me.

IF you no longer wish to take part, please let me know also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I missed the boat here. I was division 6 but understand I’m late

Happy to take a spot at the bottom

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I missed the boat here. I was division 6 but understand I’m late

Happy to take a spot at the bottom

Added.

Hi all,

We need a GM/admin for each division.

We need this to get the divisions setup/fixtures added and draft date set. Can you respond if you can volunteer. Obviously we cannot proceed without this. Ideally if you have been in the leagues for a few years and have never done this you should consider doing it rather than leaving it to the same people every year.

It is not a huge commitment, probably a bit of work to get the leagues setup and fixtures added but once the league is up and running you shouldn't have much to do,

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

adrian522 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We need a GM/admin for each division.

We need this to get the divisions setup/fixtures added and draft date set. Can you respond if you can volunteer. Obviously we cannot proceed without this. Ideally if you have been in the leagues for a few years and have never done this you should consider doing it rather than leaving it to the same people every year.

It is not a huge commitment, probably a bit of work to get the leagues setup and fixtures added but once the league is up and running you shouldn't have much to do,

Thanks.

I'm in D7, I've never been a commiah before, and this will be my 4th year playing FF in general, 2nd time through Boards. I wouldn't mind doing it as I'm quite active in a few leagues, but as I said I've never been a commish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Happy to commish Div 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Any spaces left? I used to play here and want back in fantasy land

evil_seed wrote: »
    Any spaces left? I used to play here and want back in fantasy land

Added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 connmcgrath

Hello! Any spaces left, I was in last year with the team name Peruvian Spaceboys but I was late to get back in this year.

Would be delighted if there's still a space!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Happy to do Div 2

Hello! Any spaces left, I was in last year with the team name Peruvian Spaceboys but I was late to get back in this year.

Would be delighted if there's still a space!

Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RW92

I'm in for this year, Division 7. Cheers!

RW92 wrote: »
    I'm in for this year, Division 7. Cheers!

Added!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 QuareHog

Any spaces left? Swinggate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

ill commish division 1 again.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

The Abusement Park was in Div2 last year

QuareHog wrote: »
    Any spaces left? Swinggate

Added

• Advertisement

ftse100 wrote: »
    The Abusement Park was in Div2 last year

Hi, The divisions are set now, I can add you to Division 7 if you want but I can't rearrange all the divisions again.

Advertisement