Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling bins

Options
  • 01-07-2019 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Are management companies obligated to provide recycling bins for apartment blocks with communal bin compounds? We rent and the general waste and recycling waste bins have been replaced by two general waste bins. Before I approach them I would like know if they have to provide them in the first place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We rent and the general waste and recycling waste bins have been replaced by two general waste bins.
    It sounds like the green bin just became an overfill bin for the black bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

the_syco wrote: »
    It sounds like the green bin just became an overfill bin for the black bin.

There hasn’t been a green bin for 6 months or more, they replaced it with a second general waste bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Every large apartment complex I've ever been in, there's always a few who dump any old crap into recycling, rendering all the recyclables unrecyclable. The company probably just got sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There hasn’t been a green bin for 6 months or more, they replaced it with a second general waste bin.

Blame your neighbours. As said in communal bins people just throw from the door and hope to hit a bin, what they are disposing off doesn't matter.

Advertisement