Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help troubleshooting intercom issue with gates

Options
  • 01-07-2019 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Having an issue with our intercom on our electric gates. It stopped working a few weeks ago, noticed when I tried to open the gates from the button that it did not work, later that day it seemed to work again before giving up completely.

Only the intercom (bell, 2 way audio, open button) is not working - everything else at the gates is fine, keypad photocells, and remotes all work as expected.

We have the gates working perfectly for the last 4 years – the gates themselves are powered by Moovo XA4 with Moovo keypad, remote and photocells. The intercom is cyclops security device – photo attached of the unit inside the house.https://imgur.com/a/y8EvACy

Need some help trying to troubleshoot where the issue may be: intercom in the house, the intercom at the gate, connection between or something else. What's the best way to go about this / test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Ok, seems to be a digital type intercom you have there, is it dead completely ?

As in, any buzz or noise from the handset when you press the call unit at the gate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

kub wrote: »
    Ok, seems to be a digital type intercom you have there, is it dead completely ?

As in, any buzz or noise from the handset when you press the call unit at the gate ?

At the unit inside the door (pictured) there is a tone if I press the top button - which i think is some internal intercom - intercom thing. At the gate, there is nothing when I press the button - went out last night about 10.45 to see if the lights were on the unit but they weren't, the keypad was lit up - so may be something at the unit on the gate - that's my next piece to investigate.

Advertisement