Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my sim work in another phone and retrieve all data

Options
  • 01-07-2019 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, I dropped my phone in water, it seemed fine but when I went to charge it, it sparked, and there was a smell of burning. I've had it in a bag of rice but it's not charging now at all. It's a Nexus 4 LG. I really want some notes I had written in the app 'Keep' and some photos and phone numbers, whatsapp messages etc. If I buy a secondhand Nexus LG and put my sim card in, will everything come up as if it was my own phone? ..or if I buy a completely different mobile, can I put my sim card in and get all my data :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Very little is stored on the sim card. When you setup the new phone, sign in with the same accounts and you may be prompted to restore a backup.

The amount of content you get back, depends on what type of accounts you had on the phone and what backup settings were switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kitcatz

Thanks Davy. I actually got it half working again but the back button doesn't work so I have to turn it off and on again every time I want to come out of an app. I'll be able to save everything now but I'll be getting a new phone. Thanks for your help! :)

Advertisement