Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent tsb data breach?

• 01-07-2019 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Ptsb sold my mortgage to a vulture fund as I'm on a tracker and they are but making anything. During this process they supplied this company with all my personnel details including my bank account details.
    I have been onto them to find out what right they had to give all my details and bank details and was told "well it was a condition required by pepper finance that we give them your bank details or they wouldn't be able to buy the mortgage from us"

To me this is a data breach and they admitted they had to do it to sell my mortgage. I'd urge anyone else they sold their mortgage on to make a data breach complaint with PTSB first then to proceed to the data protection commission.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,109 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What does your T's & C's in your mortgage agreement say about them selling it to another provider?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

To me this is a data breach and they admitted they had to do it to sell my mortgage. I'd urge anyone else they sold their mortgage on to make a data breach complaint with PTSB first then to proceed to the data protection commission.

And I’d urge you to pay attention to what you sign and agree to! You’re already agreed to this!

Advertisement