Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Violent Protests In Hong Kong.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

greencap wrote: »
    Yerman?

You. The one who has a hard-on for polished boots, weapons and violence; and a dislike for reason, facts, context, and history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

You don't have to be a nice person/govt to be on the right side of justice.

You do realize how far back your 'justice' goes? How exactly can one atone for the sins of one's ancestors? Do you really believe in vicarious sin? Where do you factor in sins that where committed by the Chinese against the British, or is it only about who starts it first?(In which case you'd have to be an Israel supporter)

It used to be Catholics I was debating about original sin, why have SJW's adopted this idea of one carrying the sins of one's ancestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Yurt! wrote: »
    You. The one who has a hard-on for polished boots, weapons and violence; and a dislike for reason, facts, context, and history.

You know you can't win if you keep going down the low road on this one.

Come to think of it you can't win on the high road either.

If you park on the beach at low tide maybe don't blame the sea for what comes next.

You know you can't win if you keep going down the low road on this one.

Come to think of it you can't win on the high road either.

If you park on the beach at low tide maybe don't blame the sea for what comes next.

Yeah because you cheerleading violence and talking about other posters 'salty tears' is you taking the high road?

Quite apart from your limited knowledge about China, you've made an a*s of yourself on this thread with your bullying posting style.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

People in Hong Kong are not protesting against the Chinese or even specific individuals in the govt. Those individuals are victims too.

They are protesting against a system that everyone is afraid to overthrow or stand up to for different reasons. Some are afraid of authorities. Authorities are afraid of higher ups punishing them and their families. Higher ups are afraid of people doing to them what was done after the revolution.

Corrupt politicians are usually just shot after a show trial. Their families are in danger for the rest of their lives.

Scape goats are often used publicly for corruption too.

If that is how they treat the rich and powerful now how do you think they treat the working class?

In China, the justice system has a conviction rate of 99.9%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Digressive strawman horsesht.

Take your pointless excuse for a post and pack it tightly.
    I don't care if most of the people in HK feel little allegiance, they're on Chinese land.

how fantastically stupid.

Its posts like this that make me thank heaven that I can dispense with the deeper reasoning and simply resort to bringing up the fact that those boots are going to march right in, over any idiot who gets in the way, and theres not one tiny thing that can be done about it. I hope you get to watch it live with salty tears streaming down your little pink cheeks.
    Literally wishing death on people who are marching for their own freedoms.

You're a joke, and genuinely disgusting. The very definition of a keyboard warrior.

Kimsang wrote: »
    You do realize how far back your 'justice' goes? How exactly can one atone for the sins of one's ancestors? Do you really believe in vicarious sin? Where do you factor in sins that where committed by the Chinese against the British, or is it only about who starts it first?(In which case you'd have to be an Israel supporter)

It used to be Catholics I was debating about original sin, why have SJW's adopted this idea of one carrying the sins of one's ancestors.

Justice can't always be applied.

Its appropriate use is also dependent on context. The injustice of my 1000X grandfather eating the other cave mans sandwich fades into irrelevance given scale and time, its only reasonable, you don't have to pay for the penny sweet you stole age 6.

But this context involves a country with the scale of China. And a timeline that to us seems major, but to a nation thats gone through dynasties is just a tiny episode.

Literally wishing death on people who are marching for their own freedoms.

You're a joke, and genuinely disgusting. The very definition of a keyboard warrior.

Get back on Oprah you hilarious little drama llama.

Yeah because you cheerleading violence and talking about other posters 'salty tears' is you taking the high road?

Quite apart from your limited knowledge about China, you've made an a*s of yourself on this thread with your bullying posting style.

Get what you give.

Some people here seem surprisingly unfamiliar with the concept of what goes around comes around.

Justice can't always be applied.

Its appropriate use is also dependent on context. The injustice of my 1000X grandfather eating the other cave mans sandwich fades into irrelevance given scale and time, its only reasonable, you don't have to pay for the penny sweet you stole age 6.

But this context involves a country with the scale of China. And a timeline that to us seems major, but to a nation thats gone through dynasties is just a tiny episode.

So let's say every single one of your last 1000 grandfather's stole from another man. Does make you in any way culpable? Nations are not people.

China's cultural history is surprisingly short, given that Mao desecrated all Chinese culture until 1976.

• Advertisement

Get back on Oprah you hilarious little drama llama.
    What does this even mean?

You're the one salivating over the prospect of Hong Kong citizens being massacred, having (I'd guess) never been there before in your life.

What does this even mean?

You're the one salivating over the prospect of Hong Kong citizens being massacred, having (I'd guess) never been there before in your life.

It means you go on like an excitable gossiping schoolgirl.

F.O. clown.

F.O. clown.
    Calm down, m8.

You're the one up at 3:40am posting ****ed up authoritarian fantasies and lobbing insults at other posters. The "lol u mad bro" thing you're going for is ****e. You literally wished death (or at least severe harm) on HK protestors.

Greencap's lost it (by the way, since you're such a Wikipedia expert on China, you won't need to Google what to wear a green hat means there).

Go away and play with your toy tanks.

F.O. clown.

You do realise you’ve lost the argument (and probably your right to post) by telling others to F off?

Calm down, m8.

You're the one up at 3:40am posting ****ed up authoritarian fantasies and lobbing insults at other posters. The "lol u mad bro" thing you're going for is ****e. You literally wished death (or at least severe harm) on HK protestors.
    Greencap's lost it (by the way, since you're such a Wikipedia expert on China, you won't need to Google what to wear a green hat means there).

Go away and play with your toy tanks.
    You do realise you’ve lost the argument (and probably your right to post) by telling others to F off?

m'eh whatever.

1c2s is changing to 1c1s.

and theres absolutely nothing you can do about it. :pac:

Lookit greencap

go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: A few cards just handed out. Try and keep the conversation civilised, folks. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if there is another protest planned to go ahead this weekend

There is yeah, one on tonight. Hands across Hong Kong thing......there are protests planned for tomorrow and Sunday as well.

• Advertisement

1c2s is changing to 1c1s.

and theres absolutely nothing you can do about it. :pac:

If this happens, China is not just shooting itself in the foot, but blowing an entire half of it's body off. China's economy would just about collapse and a world wide recession wouldn't be far behind. People in HK know this, and they know sending in PLA is an empty threat.

Honest question, would you call yourself a communist? or a marxist?

If this happens, China is not just shooting itself in the foot, but blowing an entire half of it's body off. China's economy would just about collapse and a world wide recession wouldn't be far behind. People in HK know this, and they know sending in PLA is an empty threat.

I think this is why we're seeing the shrill and obnoxious embassy astroturfed protests in Western cities. I genuinely believe that if the CCP thought intervention could be done without drawing the scorn of the entire world on them, they would have done so weeks ago.

The sound of the 'pro-police' (re: ultra-nationalist) counter-protestors in London, Dublin, Sydney etc, is the howl of indignation at the realisation that the CCP will be held accountable in this situation outside of the borders of the PRC. They are unchallenged within their own borders, and get very angry indeed that they can't act with impunity.

There's also the burning anger of the sight of ethnic Chinese, nominally within their sovereign territory, openly defying them in huge numbers. It's a massive reality check for them on a number of levels, and they don't like it one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I can't really understand the protests, it's part of China since GB gave it back in 1997, anyone living there who had a problem with that concept should have fooked out clear of the place.

Honest question, would you call yourself a communist? or a marxist?

No, neither.

Its not about who has the better regime, or more success, or a more humane track record.

This is ONE country, and its under no obligation to obey some old nonsense compromise signed with colonial thieves and that cnt Thatcher.

Those people in that one territory, which is a constituent part of the nation, have no right to dictate separate rules for themselves. To elect to take or dictate rules in a chunk of China.

And no, HK constitutes around 2% of China's economy at this point, after a long consistent downward trajectory.

When I look at Beijing something tells me that they'll manage. They may possibly have planned ahead.
    No need to send in the PLA, they've been re-organizing the corporate/economic environment. Money talks. Slow and steady. Whats a couple of months when you've strategically waited for decades.

Finally to end my rant I'd like to point out that for China to wait til 2047 would send out a message of compliance, obedience. Ikkle China doing what its told.

I believe China fully intends not only to defy the terms of Thatchers agreement (which they shouldn't have even had to sign in the first place), but also wants the whole world to see them wipe their knob on the agreement.

Something they absolutely should do.

I can't really understand the protests, it's part of China since GB gave it back in 1997, anyone living there who had a problem with that concept should have fooked out clear of the place.

Oh thank god.

I thought I'd been transported to bizarro world for a minute there.

They weren't allowed. Under the two party system they were allowed to live in the UK a maximum of 6 months out of the year I believe. Where else could they legally emigrate to? Perhaps if they had left between 1984 when it was announced and before 1997 when these rules were first implemented. But what about people born after 1997? They are now 22 maximum, or anyone who was a child at this time could now be anything up to 30 years old. It has been noted how many young protestors there are. They have no choice.

Knowing this would you please withdraw the comment that they 'should have fooked out clear of the place'?

I believe the 6 months stipulation was advocated by China, to prevent the very exodus of which you speak.

Communist countries have walls at their borders not to keep people out, but to keep people in. I hope that scares you. That should scare you. It scares me.

F.O. clown.

You are a cheeky little propagandist.

You are a cheeky little propagandist.

Did you not read the mod warning about the cards.

Theres no more time for such shtposts. Take your personal opinions and sho...

Did you not read the mod warning about the cards.

Theres no more time for such shtposts. Take your personal opinions and sho...

Well your opinion is blatantly wrong. The people of Hong Kong have been doing sterling work. I would ****ing hate to be under the rule of a low life mass murderer like Winnie the Pooh (Xi). The creeping fascism in China is very concerning.

• Advertisement

Well your opinion is blatantly wrong. The people of Hong Kong have been doing sterling work. I would ****ing hate to be under the rule of a low life mass murderer like Winnie the Pooh (Xi). The creeping fascism in China is very concerning.

Right. So because you would ****ing hate to be under the rule of a low life mass murderer like Winnie the Pooh, and because the creeping fascism in China is very concerning that makes Chinas territorial and political claim to land on its coast void.

Sorry China. The Dazzler from boards has decided that you dont get to say how your own country is run because you're not up to Dazzlers 2am standards.

Advertisement