Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Stopped reading at "Paul Joseph Watson"

Another grifter cashing in by spreading hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

snowblind wrote: »
    Compliant to not killing minorities, boohoo too much to ask from nazis.

Or being right wing, or being a Conservative, or a Republican. But then again, you don't have the intellect to differentiate between any of them.

20Cent wrote: »
    Another grifter cashing in by spreading hate.

Nicely sums up most of the American media in general to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

The far right grifter industry are trying to create the image that white supremacists and fascists are not a problem. Simultaneously they hype up antifa violence and try to make out it's a big problem.
    They are giving support and cover to nazi types. Andy Ngo is doing the same thing.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1158896220309512192?s=19
    And this thread is part of that industry.

US alt right trolls posting here and thinking everyone who doesn't like racism is a Democrat and Obama fan :p

If they got what they wanted, the Irish would be discriminated against as well soon, so kinda dumb to pretend to be Bannons bootlicker cucked useful idiot.

It's pretty funny how these people are so afraid of strong women and POC that they are constantly looking for a safe space :pac:

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Quite silly to say such a thing after this and other events. It's quite clear that White-nationalism is Americas biggest terrorist threat. I believe the FBI said as much a while ago (though it may have also been MI5 talking about Britain, I can't remember).

In saying that, I do believe the leftist media overstate the number and power of these groups in order to portray America as this huge racist country that's awful for minorities to live in, which isn't true.
    Are you a minority? It's wild that you claim to know for them what it's like. But I guess that is what White Supremacy is really like, the Whites know everything and other peoples experiences are invalid if they are uncomfortable.

• Advertisement

Trump was recognised as a racist long before he ran for president. I'd say the people of El Paso would disagree about having nothing to worry about.

But one antifa died doing something, clearly they are a massive threat to life!!!

The nazi trolls sure are dumb, be it on boards or as president.

Whataboutery at its finest.

Hell be back to prison so, and good riddance. Tis quite possible to worry about both "sides". I dislike all forms of extremism.
    Your both sides is whataboutery 100%. We're talking about actual mass murders, and your "the other side" has involved in a couple of scuffles....it's an intentional whataboutery, exactly what alt right try to do to distract from the mass murdering of minorities. If you do that you clearly do not care about those deaths since all those peoples lives are the same to you as some white guy being slapped on the cheek.

Pointless whataboutery there.

What that man done is clearly wrong and despicable. I wonder can you condemn violence caused by Antifa though?

Probably not.

Which violence? Sounds like the nazis murder people weekly, but Antifa....what have they done that warrants your whataboutery? I hear they've been in a couple of scuffles in the last couple of years. You think it's similar to weekly mass murders of minorities. I wonder what agenda makes you think so........

Or being right wing, or being a Conservative, or a Republican. But then again, you don't have the intellect to differentiate between any of them.
    Oh do you think killing minorities is a Conservative thing? The murderers made it sure to leave nazi manifestos as a guide to other alt right murderers.

Your both sides is whataboutery 100%. We're talking about actual mass murders, and your "the other side" has involved in a couple of scuffles....it's an intentional whataboutery, exactly what alt right try to do to distract from the mass murdering of minorities. If you do that you clearly do not care about those deaths since all those peoples lives are the same to you as some white guy being slapped on the cheek.
    What are you talking about? I quite clearly stated I dislike all forms of extremism.

You also don't know what whataboutery is. Me highlighting something about Anti-fa in a thread about Anti-fa is not whataboutery.

I prefer dealing with Brian, 20cent and Overheal. At least they're not completely clueless like you.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? I quite clearly stated I dislike all forms of extremism.

You also don't know what whataboutery is. Me highlighting something about Anti-fa in a thread about Anti-fa is not whataboutery.

I prefer dealing with Brian, 20cent and Overheal. At least they're not completely clueless like you.
    I don't care of your preferences, I'll gladly not be endorsed by someone who uses "both sides" distraction techniques.

"Sure, these people killed hundreds of people, but did you hear John from Finglas punched some guy in the pub? Surely we shouldn't only focus on the nazis, all violence is bad!"

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

I don't care of your preferences, I'll gladly not be endorsed by someone who uses "both sides" distraction techniques.

"Sure, these people killed hundreds of people, but did you hear John from Finglas punched some guy in the pub? Surely we shouldn't only focus on the nazis, all violence is bad!"

What nazi's man ? Besides one group of pricks in Charlottesville, where are they ?
    I genuinely don't think there is any substantive number of these people in America.

All violence is bad.

All violence is bad.

What about self defence?
    Or the allies ending Hitlers regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

SexBobomb wrote:
    What nazi's man ? Besides one group of pricks in Charlottesville, where are they ? I genuinely don't think there is any substantive number of these people in America.

There's the problem with Antifa. Anything to the right of their way of thinking can be labelled as Naziism

Ironicname wrote: »
    There's the problem with Antifa. Anything to the right of their way of thinking can be labelled as Naziism

If that was true here would be far more antifa violence than there is.

If that was true here would be far more antifa violence than there is.

Hardly they're a fringe organisation with very little support. A bit like the modern kkk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Dayton shooter is typical of ANTIFA activists, upper Middle Class background, loved the thrill of violence, loved projecting violence to control others to his will. Their only motivation, whatever else they pretend it is.

People like him but from working class areas may gravitate in to crime gangs or if they need a political excuse in to Nazi groups.

Both are so small as to be readily managed but strictly monitored and pushed back against.

Danzy wrote: »
    The Dayton shooter is typical of ANTIFA activists, upper Middle Class background, loved the thrill of violence, loved projecting violence to control others to his will. Their only motivation, whatever else they pretend it is.

People like him but from working class areas may gravitate in to crime gangs or if they need a political excuse in to Nazi groups.

Both are so small as to be readily managed but strictly monitored and pushed back against.

Linking him to antifa is exactly the propaganda message the far right are sending out.
    And people say propaganda doesn't work.

Linking him to antifa is exactly the propaganda message the far right are sending out.
    And people say propaganda doesn't work.

It's not propaganda it's the truth. He supported them and supposedly attended one of their protests/counter protests.

• Advertisement

It's not propaganda it's the truth. He supported them and supposedly attended one of their protests/counter protests.

He liked heavy metal a well why isn't that the reason?

He liked heavy metal a well why isn't that the reason?

Reason for what? It's a fact that he supported anti-fa and potentially was a member or attended protests at least. Why are you not willing to admit to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

"Supposedly" now equals truth, or something something

Says a lot, doesn't it

Antifa had nothing to do with the Dayton shooting

That is a fact

Hardly they're a fringe organisation with very little support. A bit like the modern kkk.
    Last night we had Fox News's main talk show host deny the very existence of white supremacism.

You don't have to go around in a white hood to be a white supremacist.

White supremacism denial is white supremacism approval.

White supremacism is now very much mainstream in the US.

Reason for what? It's a fact that he supported anti-fa and potentially was a member or attended protests at least. Why are you not willing to admit to this.
    So, what has Elizabeth Warren got to do with the Dayton mass murder?

Right wing sources allege the perpetrator "supported" Warren too.

Go on, do tell us.

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    "Supposedly" now equals truth, or something something

Says a lot, doesn't it

That is a fact

Oh look its the lad who thinks that Richard boyd barret supporters aren't left wing.

Supposedly means it was reported and I'd like to investigate more. Though I've not got much reason to doubt what was reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

That is a fact

Hmmm, no it's not.

So we know this guy is antifa. We know he was looking closely at the el paso shooting this guy gets revenge in his head.

Dresses up in his little antifa uniform grabs his gun and shoots up a country western pub.

Last night we had Fox News's main talk show host deny the very existence of white supremacism.

You don't have to go around in a white hood to be a white supremacist.

White supremacism denial is white supremacism approval.

White supremacism is now very much mainstream in the US.
    It isn't mainstream. Regardless, you can be a white-nationalist and not in the kkk. Both it and antifa are fringe organisations whose members and supporters are, in my eyes, a bunch of losers.

It isn't mainstream. Regardless, you can be a white-nationalist and not in the kkk. Both it and antifa are fringe organisations whose members and supporters are, in my eyes, a bunch of losers.

Donald Trump, the Republican party and Tucker Carlson and Fox News couldn't be more mainstream.

Open your eyes instead of denying the blatantly obvious truth.

"White nationalism" is a politically correct term for white supremacism.

• Advertisement

So, what has Elizabeth Warren got to do with the Dayton mass murder?

Right wing sources allege the perpetrator "supported" Warren too.

Go on, do tell us.
    I'd imagine they are reporting it so people like you can't claim it as another White supremacist committing an atrocity, in order to proclaim white nationalism "mainstream".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement