Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

The "proud boys" want to march in Portland yet again this Saturday. The people there must be sick of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Not this guy, that's for sure
    Blueshoe wrote: »
    I can remember seeing a montage of one of these guys from the "right" side. He had some kind of mask on and carried an American flag on a short pole. This guy was beating the crap out of multiple people on the videos. He was a one man Antifa stomping machine. They would run from him.

A thing of beauty. Almost Marvel hero like.

At least some don't even try to hide their sets of multiple standards! Antifa violence is terrible but the people who peddle conspiracy theories to promote fascist goals of pogroms & apartheid, their violence is the stuff of heroes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

snowblind wrote: »
    I do not think it's in good taste to speculate about someones mental health, especially based on just aesthetic stuff. Her eye movements? Are you for real. That's some "she most be a lizard!" level stuff. You were the one to call them crazy and nuts, I think she is extremely lucid and more consistent in her actions vs her words than 90% of the democrats in the house.

We do it all the time, it would be incredulous to say that you never make a judgement based on somebody's body language and speech to determine if you trust them to do a certain task. I respectfully disagree with you on the lucidity front, my nous hasn't let me down in life so far in this regard.

Many of my heroes were a little nuts, I wouldn't want them in charge of policy though.

To be clear when I say I think AOC is nuts, I mean her and her policies are zany, not that I think she's seriously mentally ill.

The eye movement signs are science, it's called a retained moro-relfex, it's not aesthetics, that would be her appearance, body movements and things like grimaces are used to determine mental health, no need for inter-dimensional lizard people ;).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Seanachai wrote: »
    We do it all the time, it would be incredulous to say that you never make a judgement based on somebody's body language and speech to determine if you trust them to do a certain task. I respectfully disagree with you on the lucidity front, my nous hasn't let me down in life so far in this regard.

Many of my heroes were a little nuts, I wouldn't want them in charge of policy though.

To be clear when I say I think AOC is nuts, I mean her and her policies are zany, not that I think she's seriously mentally ill.

The eye movement signs are science, it's called a retained moro-relfex, it's not aesthetics, that would be her appearance, body movements and things like grimaces are used to determine mental health, no need for inter-dimensional lizard people ;).

Leaving aside how she appears for now. What exactly is zany about her policies?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I don't believe you, I'm sure your nous is clueless, it's evident from your posts. Ignoring reality can make you think you're in the right, but other people see the reality.

Can you give me a source exclaiming what mental health issues AOCs eye movements refer to? You sure sound like someone who is intent on believing anything you have convinced yourself of. "We" don't do it all the time. You seem to do it. That just makes you sound like full of bs though.

Completely ridiculous, you're defiantly avoiding facts to try and come up with a new reality based on the way someone moves their muscles.

Sounds like projecting actually.

Are you also a phrenologist?

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    Leaving aside how she appears for now. What exactly is zany about her policies?
    No you got it wrong, he means his eye movements show that what appears completely rational has to be zany, because her eye movements literally gives her the mental condition scientifically called "she's crazy, she's nuts"

I wonder why the psychology departments in universities haven't been closed down under the revelation that boards.ie user Seanachai can do perfectly accurate mental health screenings using only his eyes?

It can't be that he is talking out of his arse, it has to be a cultural marxist conspiracy!

20Cent wrote: »
    Nazi ideology is a threat to everyone.
    Fair play he approached that guy, people walking around with fascist symbols should always be made uncomfortable. Decent society don't like what he is promoting.
    Why would I? As I explained I wasn't there to confront, but to see if I can find more information if he's receptive. It's also about education, I asked him first in the language of the country the airport was in to gauge if he knew the band at all (the band being from the same country as the airport we were in), and switched to english when he wasn't. Then I asked whether he saw them live (would mean an underground RAC fest advertised through only white supremacist groups; try find info on that one and you'll see). If they said they had no idea what the band were I would have taken his word, I wasn't there to catch someone out. I mean of course I then saw his swastika tattoo as well but if he doesn't want to engage in discussion, it's worth neither of ours time.

If they blanked I'd just made a nod of 'got ya' but as I said I never considered this person to be much more than an ignorant racist, the kind that might never try to even propagate it much, a bootlicker due to the need to belong, most likely just spouts stuff online. if he appeared to get aggressive when I asked him (unlikely, actually, based on experience, especially since I'm a white guy asking, and I don't match the 'idea' propagated by media consumed by swastika bros about that Antifa people are 'like').

Also yeah ppl challenge me about ideologies/politics occasionally. The jehovas witnesses have engaged me on the streets and we had an ideological conversation, in a polite manner of course. Just a week ago a young extremely drunk white guy (surprise lol) was thinking he was real funny spouting off old school fake news (refugees are from non war areas, only guys, with iphones, come here and then they get free playstations and expensive prams and local people are put in the back of the queue etc you know the drift). I just laughed him off and neither ended up angry at each other.

- People who challenge your opinons
    - dumbasses
    - actually bad intentioned violent criminals
    All these three categories exist, and the only way to figure out is to ask. if they are willing to discuss, of course. Asking 'why' if they are expressive out it is always helpful.

If he's not being violent or causing disruption to others, questioning him is a form of confrontation, confrontation can be answered with similar confrontation, right up to physical action. I sometimes wear a t-shirt with viking runes on it, does this justify me being vetted by Antifa in my neighbourhood?

If there is going to be a right wing takeover it will come from national populism, not authoritarian fascism. It will be voted in by John and Jenny suburbanite fed up with debt and maybe a little bit suspicious of immigration, there'll be a bit of lip service to climate change thrown in to fend of the greens. Antifa are powerless against these people, they don't do rallies or wear runic tattoos, they go to work, pay their taxes and vote how they see fit.

We're being held to ransom by these voters at the moment, they decide how things are run because the reality is a lot of us just don't vote.

My whole point here is that Antifa have appointed themselves a role that is largely meaningless in effecting any real change on a macro level, even if you beat up or intimidate actual racists out of an area, it doesn't affect the power at the top. They operate at a level that is out of Antifa's reach.

If there were fascists\racists assaulting people in my neighbourhood or destroying businesses I'm 100% there to protect the community, but I won't be under any illusion that I'm holding off fascism. Any resistance against such a regime would basically be civil war.

If he's not being violent or causing disruption to others, questioning him is a form of confrontation, confrontation can be answered with similar confrontation, right up to physical action. I sometimes wear a t-shirt with viking runes on it, does this justify me being vetted by Antifa in my neighbourhood?

If there is going to be a right wing takeover it will come from national populism, not authoritarian fascism. It will be voted in by John and Jenny suburbanite fed up with debt and maybe a little bit suspicious of immigration, there'll be a bit of lip service to climate change thrown in to fend of the greens. Antifa are powerless against these people, they don't do rallies or wear runic tattoos, they go to work, pay their taxes and vote how they see fit.

We're being held to ransom by these voters at the moment, they decide how things are run because the reality is a lot of us just don't vote.

My whole point here is that Antifa have appointed themselves a role that is largely meaningless in effecting any real change on a macro level, even if you beat up or intimidate actual racists out of an area, it doesn't affect the power at the top. They operate at a level that is out of Antifa's reach.

If there were fascists\racists assaulting people in my neighbourhood or destroying businesses I'm 100% there to protect the community, but I won't be under any illusion that I'm holding off fascism. Any resistance against such a regime would basically be civil war.
    Asking questions is literally fascism?
    questioning him is a form of confrontation, confrontation can be answered with similar confrontation, right up to physical action

Here you claim that if someone asks you a question, punching them back is a completely OK reaction.

Yet when fascists promote killing all jews, the only OK reaction is to do nothing.

Strange! It's as if there's an ideology behind your ramblings that distort your understanding of reality!

And you are the one talking making frivolous and completely delusional projections about other peoples mental health :pac:

So I guess the jehovas witnesses who ask me questions are actually terrorists, fascists, and it's completely cool for me to punch them since they are using authoritarian fascist tactics AKA questions. Wow, Seanachai is really breaking new ground here.

• Advertisement

I wonder why the psychology departments in universities haven't been closed down under the revelation that boards.ie user Seanachai can do perfectly accurate mental health screenings using only his eyes?

It can't be that he is talking out of his arse, it has to be a cultural marxist conspiracy!

Nice try, you're honestly telling me that you've never casually said to yourself or even out loud something like, 'he's not organising this trip, he's nuts!' or 'sorry but she's too scatter-brained to trust her with that job'. I was answering your charge about lizard conspiracy material, mental health professionals do use physical traits to diagnose, I'm not a mental health professional and I wasn't trying to diagnose AOC.

I said she may have mental health issues, but that would be up to a professional to determine. Me calling her nuts is my opinion and there are hundreds of articles from moderate commentators saying the same, you don't need to be a meteorologist to know there's rain coming.

Nice try, you're honestly telling me that you've never casually said to yourself or even out loud something like, 'he's not organising this trip, he's nuts!' or 'sorry but she's too scatter-brained to trust her with that job'. I was answering your charge about lizard conspiracy material, mental health professionals do use physical traits to diagnose, I'm not a mental health professional and I wasn't trying to diagnose AOC.

I said she may have mental health issues, but that w
    ould be up to a professional to determine. Me calling her nuts is my opinion and there are hundreds of articles from moderate commentators saying the same, you don't need to be a meteorologist to know there's rain coming.

You keep digging yourself in a deeper hole.

No I don't do that. Mental health issues run in my family. My granddad hung himself, never met him. It's caused a lot of problems. Yet in our family no one has been diagnosed by the movement of their eyes. People like you cause more harm as you throw around completely baseless and misjudged troll statements.

It's just misanthropes who throw those words around, trying to discredit people without having any actual arguments.

You're not a robodoc, sorry about that.
    I wasn't trying to diagnose AOC
    You claimed that you know her mental health issues due to the way she moves her eyes. That sounds like diagnosis to me. It's wild how you throw quack, conjecture and derangement at something you don't have actual arguments for, and when called out, start backtracking. I don't think you believe a word you say yourself, the conservatives have learned that they can throw around whatever lies they can, because no one else who chooses the same lies as their ideology, will want to consider any other options. You're lying because you know you yourself don't actually require facts to believe something.

Asking questions is literally fascism?

Here you claim that if someone asks you a question, punching them back is a completely OK reaction.

Yet when fascists promote killing all jews, the only OK reaction is to do nothing.

Strange! It's as if there's an ideology behind your ramblings that distort your understanding of reality!

And you are the one talking making frivolous and completely delusional projections about other peoples mental health :pac:

You're contorting my words here, where did I say that asking questions is fascism? I said confrontation, which approaching somebody with the intent of interrogation is. It's a soft form of confrontation, but it's still confrontation.

You do know that it's Antifa that have the reputation for the 'It's okay to punch a Nazi' statement, as in they decide who the Nazi is and then just punch them.

There is also an assumption of authority there, who do you think you are that it's your place to do this? You are assuming authority, that is an authoritarian mindset.

I mean maybe you're well able to handle yourself, fair play to you if you are, but sooner or later you're going to run into somebody who really doesn't appreciate being doorstepped in public. To be honest if it was me and you weren't being physical or obnoxious I'd laugh my ass off at those kind of antics, most guys would.

The physical action would obliviously come in the form of self-defence if it escalated to that, I said 'up to physical action' not that I was going to punch somebody asking me those kind of questions, no matter how bizarre and annoying that would be. I'm not a violent brute, despite what you may believe.

Oh I'm completely signed up to the fascist idealogy, I'm anti-authoritarian, anti- coercion, pro perma-culture, workers rights and healthcare, immigrant and non-national friends and family, but I'm mad for a bit of screwdriver and a freshly pressed uniform.

It's your ideology that makes you feel entitled to interrogate strangers who are minding their own business, their appearance and the views they hold are their business until they cross the line.

I'll say it again, I think AOC is nuts and her policies are zany and unworkable, her own party will gradually phase her out, that is not a DSM-5 diagnosis, I am far from alone in this regard.

You're contorting my words here, where did I say that asking questions is fascism? I said confrontation, which approaching somebody with the intent of interrogation is. It's a soft form of confrontation, but it's still confrontation.

You do know that it's Antifa that have the reputation for the 'It's okay to punch a Nazi' statement, as in they decide who the Nazi is and then just punch them.

There is also an assumption of authority there, who do you think you are that it's your place to do this? You are assuming authority, that is an authoritarian mindset.

I mean maybe you're well able to handle yourself, fair play to you if you are, but sooner or later you're going to run into somebody who really doesn't appreciate being doorstepped in public. To be honest if it was me and you weren't being physical or obnoxious I'd laugh my ass off at those kind of antics, most guys would.

The physical action would obliviously come in the form of self-defence if it escalated to that, I said 'up to physical action' not that I was going to punch somebody asking me those kind of questions, no matter how bizarre and annoying that would be. I'm not a violent brute, despite what you may believe.

Oh I'm completely signed up to the fascist idealogy, I'm anti-authoritarian, anti- coercion, pro perma-culture, workers rights and healthcare, immigrant and non-national friends and family, but I'm mad for a bit of screwdriver and a freshly pressed uniform.

It's your ideology that makes you feel entitled to interrogate strangers who are minding their own business, their appearance and the views they hold are their business until they cross the line.

I'll say it again, I think AOC is nuts and her policies are zany and unworkable, her own party will gradually phase her out, that is not a DSM-5 diagnosis, I am far from alone in this regard.
    I've noticed you like to throw together words in a hope that they will mean something, so.....what?

I asked a question, you call it "confrontation". Why?

Definition of "confrontation"
    a hostile or argumentative situation or meeting between opposing parties.

I asked a question, nothing hostile about it. You keep pushing it, but you have no proof.
    No I'm not, I'm asking questions. Where did I assume authority. Sorry but you are doing the assuming. You assume a lot. You assume that if someone moves their eyes in a specific way, they are mentally ill. I don't make such assumptions, that's all you.
    You define my asking questions as "interrogation" even if it wasn't such. I see you need to redefine things so they can fit your poor conception of what Antifa is. But you aren't looking at what I'm saying, you are using alt right conception of what "Antifa" is and use that to distort what I'm saying. That's just you deciding what the reality is, rather than being critical. just like you deciding who is mentally ill because their eyes. Full quack, just to justify your rambling nonsense.

Show me where I coerced, interrogated, was hostile? I wasn't. You invented it, because otherwise you'd have to challenge your idea of Antifa you have lifted off some propaganda outlet. How about engage with reality. Oh wait, you don't really do that kinda thing.

You accuse me of "assuming authority" while you claim to be a Telepathic Psychiatrist :pac:

Your posts are abusive towards people with mental health issues. You sure hate people a lot dontcha.

At the same time you don't use any factual proof at AOC, you see all in her eyes. You really think pretending to be a witch doctor is a good argumentation tactic?

Also you do realize there are different kinds of mental health issues. Can you tell me what she has and why that is a problem for her job? I mean, you'll see all those things in her eyes after all. If you can't, you're just being abusive towards people with mental health issues in a way to try to discredit a politician, yet you don't have any information that allows you to be specific.

What does your abusive quackery actually prove? Sounds like it proves something about yourself rather than about reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

This Saturday in Portland is beginning to look like good watching material. The organizer of the Proud Boys protest said those far right groups coming to Portland have been told not to bring weapons or start fights, but they will defend themselves if attacked… so he isn’t exactly committed to non-violence. Antifa has vowed to be there in numbers, ready to engage in violence against anyone they perceive to be a threat to their progressive safe space. Portland’s Rose City Antifa says violence against right-wing demonstrators is “exactly what should happen when the far-right attempts to invade our town.” So they seem to be committed to violence. You have one group ready to fight and another ready to fight back. Portland police will be ‘all hands on deck’ Saturday and the mayor will get help from the Oregon State Police and the FBI. Mayor Wheeler also said he may ask the governor to call up the Oregon National Guard. What can go wrong? Grab the popcorn!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    This Saturday in Portland is beginning to look like good watching material. The organizer of the Proud Boys protest said those far right groups coming to Portland have been told not to bring weapons or start fights, but they will defend themselves if attacked… so he isn’t exactly committed to non-violence. Antifa has vowed to be there in numbers, ready to engage in violence against anyone they perceive to be a threat to their progressive safe space. Portland’s Rose City Antifa says violence against right-wing demonstrators is “exactly what should happen when the far-right attempts to invade our town.” So they seem to be committed to violence. You have one group ready to fight and another ready to fight back. Portland police will be ‘all hands on deck’ Saturday and the mayor will get help from the Oregon State Police and the FBI. Mayor Wheeler also said he may ask the governor to call up the Oregon National Guard. What can go wrong? Grab the popcorn!
    I'm sure you have a reference for this? For Proud Boys you use comments they made, for Antifa you just make up your own. Wow muh argumentation skill.

You did see them saying about fascists "invading their city". You'd be fine with that then eh?

Doesn't sound like you are actually worried, since you talk about taking this as entertainment with popcorn. Sounds like you are feigning being shocked by "violent antifa". Weird! It's as if you were intellectually dishonest, crazy stuff.

You keep digging yourself in a deeper hole.

No I don't do that. Mental health issues run in my family. My granddad hung himself, never met him. It's caused a lot of problems. Yet in our family no one has been diagnosed by the movement of their eyes. People like you cause more harm as you throw around completely baseless and misjudged troll statements.

It's just misanthropes who throw those words around, trying to discredit people without having any actual arguments.

You're not a robodoc, sorry about that.

You claimed that you know her mental health issues due to the way she moves her eyes. That sounds like diagnosis to me. It's wild how you throw quack, conjecture and derangement at something you don't have actual arguments for, and when called out, start backtracking. I don't think you believe a word you say yourself, the conservatives have learned that they can throw around whatever lies they can, because no one else who chooses the same lies as their ideology, will want to consider any other options. You're lying because you know you yourself don't actually require facts to believe something.

I have mental illness in my family too, friends also, some no longer alive, it doesn't prevent me from having the discernment to see when somebody has zany expectations though. We're obviously never going to agree on somebody like AOC.

Again I was not diagnosing AOC, I can't, I'm not a doctor, if you actually read my words I said may and maybe. You can obviously choose to ignore this if you wish.

I'm sorry to hear about the illness in your family and your losses but you also haven't addressed my points about the assumption of authority on Antifa's part or their assumption of how much power they have over fascism.

I'm somewhat cynical but I'm far from a misanthrope, again my opinions are from my own nous and not from some conservative, republican or whatever sources. There are conservatives who have a vendetta against AOC and Antifa, but there are also non-partisan, moderate figures who seriously doubt her competency.

I'm not swaying on my view of AOC or antifa and I'm not lying, I have zero interest in trolling. Good luck with keeping the fascists in check, just be mindful that they may not all be as accommodating as the guy in the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

Jesus. Diagnosing someone's mental health on the movement of their eyes. Now that's zany and well.... Beyond stupid.

• Advertisement

Jesus. Diagnosing someone's mental health on the movement of their eyes. Now that's zany and well.... Beyond stupid.

It's the same level of dialectical rigor Seanachai shows in all of his posts. Just complete rambling nonsense.

Questions are actually terrorism!

I have mental illness in my family too, friends also, some no longer alive, it doesn't prevent me from having the discernment to see when somebody has zany expectations though. We're obviously never going to agree on somebody like AOC.

Again I was not diagnosing AOC, I can't, I'm not a doctor, if you actually read my words I said may and maybe. You can obviously choose to ignore this if you wish.

I'm sorry to hear about the illness in your family and your losses but you also haven't addressed my points about the assumption of authority on Antifa's part or their assumption of how much power they have over fascism.

I'm somewhat cynical but I'm far from a misanthrope, again my opinions are from my own nous and not from some conservative, republican or whatever sources. There are conservatives who have a vendetta against AOC and Antifa, but there are also non-partisan, moderate figures who seriously doubt her competency.

I'm not swaying on my view of AOC or antifa and I'm not lying, I have zero interest in trolling. Good luck with keeping the fascists in check, just be mindful that they may not all be as accommodating as the guy in the airport.
    Stop calling her nuts or crazy so. You clearly admit you are lying when you do so.
    That's not a question, its just a bunch of words. Can you ask the actual question?
    I'm not swaying on my view of AOC or antifa and I'm not lying, I have zero interest in trolling.
    Yet you call someone "nuts" and "crazy" based on their "eye movements" and when called out on it, claim you are "not diagnosing her". That is exactly what trolling is.
    Good luck with keeping the fascists in check, just be mindful that they may not all be as accommodating as the guy in the airport.
    He was accommodating since unlike you who were not there, he understood I wasn't terrorizing, bullying, pressuring, confronting etc him. I was asking a question. Yet you on the internet use what you've heard of Antifa to claim to know what I was really doing. You really are a backwards man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

If your posting on an Irish forum calling aoc policies crazy. You should perhaps do a bit of research.

Also could do with widening of vocabulary. 'Crazy' is incredibly inaccurate as a mental health term, but mostly just a word of abuse. If it wasn't meant as abusive language, perhaps one could find a better word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I'm sure you have a reference for this? For Proud Boys you use comments they made, for Antifa you just make up your own. Wow muh argumentation skill.

You did see them saying about fascists "invading their city". You'd be fine with that then eh?

Doesn't sound like you are actually worried, since you talk about taking this as entertainment with popcorn. Sounds like you are feigning being shocked by "violent antifa". Weird! It's as if you were intellectually dishonest, crazy stuff.
    Perhaps those on the right should use the left’s tactics here and demand proof for anything and everything commented on… even opinion. Thankfully the right is not so obtuse. So here you go…

https://www.apnews.com/5b1dd62557dc4e52bce91d3693c2389c

From Rose City Antifa…
    Among these media personalities is Joe Biggs, a former InfoWars employee, who has long been claimed by neo-Nazis as a fellow anti-Semite. His calls for violence have been by far the loudest, and he claims to be rallying white nationalist groups like the American Guard and the Proud Boys to come to Portland in large numbers.

Rose City Antifa has uncovered evidence that neo-Nazis associated with the Daily Stormer plan to return to Portland for this event to fight alongside the far-Right, as they did in the summer of 2018.

We call on the community to defend itself, as it has countless times before. We must tell these far-Right and neo-Nazi groups that they are not welcome in Portland, and their search for victims on our streets will not be tolerated! Join us on August 17 at Waterfront Park to defend Portland against far-Right attack!

And how have they 'defended' themselves countless times before... by stomping the crap out of anyone they simply consider to be an enemy (alone usually) and destroying private property?

https://rosecityantifa.org/articles/2019-8-17/

Oh yeah... You might not be familiar with our Constitution, but...
    The First Amendment to the United States Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress ...

And, yes, I’m happy Antifa is finally starting to get nationwide attention for the violent ways they operate, and the MSN seems to be backing off providing cover for them.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Perhaps those on the right should use the left’s tactics here and demand proof for anything and everything commented on… even opinion. Thankfully the right is not so obtuse. So here you go…

From Rose City Antifa…

And how have they 'defended' themselves countless times before... by stomping the crap out of anyone they simply consider to be an enemy (alone usually) and destroying private property?

And, yes, I’m happy Antifa is finally starting to get nationwide attention for the violent ways they operate, and the MSN seems to be backing off providing cover for them.

you missed an important part of the first amendment. I have bolded the appropriate part
    or the right of the people peaceably to assemble

From Rose City Antifa…

Defending means only using violence if being attacked. You seem to agree this is ok for the right but not the left. Nationwide attention is on the right and the violence and provocation they do. Unless you only read Alt Right propaganda, in which case even "defend" becomes "attack" and the only reasoning is "Antifa". So dumb, but perfect for some people exactly because of the dumbness

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Also could do with widening of vocabulary. 'Crazy' is incredibly inaccurate as a mental health term, but mostly just a word of abuse. If it wasn't meant as abusive language, perhaps one could find a better word.

Calling a politician/public figure crazy is so tame, especially on an internet discussion forum. We aren't political commentators influencing policy. People are going to say what they're going to say, please stop trying to tell people how to talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Sure you'll just ignore the evidence he provides anyway, as per the whole thread.

Anti-fa and Proud Boys are all a pack of ****. I'd say the residents of Portland are sick of both groups. The best option would be to let these Proud-boy losers have their little march or protest, take litle notice of it, and then go home. Both sides are simply looking for confrontation, and both nonetheless will accuse the other of "starting" it when it inevitably happens.

It's pathetic.

• Advertisement

you missed an important part of the first amendment. I have bolded the appropriate part
    Oh but they are just defending themselves from Antifa. It's just that they are SO QUICK and ALPHA, that they actually do it BEFORE Antifa attacks!

For anyone else wanting to beat the Antifa attacks before Antifa actually does them, buy some Testosterone supplements off Alex Jones and you will actually beat the Antifa before they truly transform into the real fascists and put people in gas chambers just like in Germany during WWII!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement