Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

snowblind wrote: »
    Oh yes, the alt right that murders minorities and political opponents weekly, why don't antifa oppose them more peacefully!

In 1930s, why did the Antifa raise their voices at the nazis? So rude!

Oh here we ago again with the hyperbole, comparing modern America to 1930's Germany. The decade of Kristallnacht ofcourse.

Any reason you've ignored post number 3399?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Oh here we ago again with the hyperbole, comparing modern America to 1930's Germany.

Any reason you've ignored post number 3399?

Oh sorry, your whining got lost in midst of all other whining by you.

I don't agree with that ADL article. Did I say somewhere I always agree with ADL? Weird, I don't think I ever did!

No hyperbole. Far right fascists have been murdering people on a weekly basis. Have you not noticed? Seems like you love ignoring it.

Opposing such violence can get pretty intense. I bet you'd never oppose such racist violence, you, such a liberal lefty and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Oh yes, the alt right that murders minorities and political opponents weekly, why don't antifa oppose them more peacefully!

In 1930s, why did the Antifa raise their voices at the nazis? So rude!
    Unbelievable! Let’s go with your thinking…

Madonna stated to a rally after Mr. Trump’s inauguration that she fantasizes about blowing up the White House; Kathy Griffin had promo pictures taken holding up a bloody, severed head depicting Trump; Robert De Niro expressing a desire to physically assault the president; the New York City Public Theatre’s version of “Julius Caesar,” set in modern day, featuring Mr. Trump as Caesar being stabbed to death; Johnny Depp musing about Mr. Trump during an interview, “When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?” And just last week at a demonstration outside Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s home, a protester screamed, “Just stab the motherf#&$er in the heart.”

So… are you saying it would be admirable for the right to target these knuckleheads with violence?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »

Madonna stated to a rally after Mr. Trump’s inauguration that she fantasizes about blowing up the White House; Kathy Griffin had promo pictures taken holding up a bloody, severed head depicting Trump; Robert De Niro expressing a desire to physically assault the president; the New York City Public Theatre’s version of “Julius Caesar,” set in modern day, featuring Mr. Trump as Caesar being stabbed to death; Johnny Depp musing about Mr. Trump during an interview, “When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?” And just last week at a demonstration outside Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s home, a protester screamed, “Just stab the motherf#&$er in the heart.”

So… are you saying it would be admirable for the right to target these knuckleheads with violence?
    Ow poow mw Twump!!!

Murdering innocent minorities weekly and saying **** like that about the president seem like........different........things!?

Talking about presidents like that is a national hobby, and I'm sure you are mentioning it only to start some sort of Trump - Obama whataboutery but sorry, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm not sure they have the time what with all the murdering of minorities they do.

• Advertisement

Ow poow mw Twump!!!

Murdering innocent minorities weekly and saying **** like that about the president seem like........different........things!?

Talking about presidents like that is a national hobby, and I'm sure you are mentioning it only to start some sort of Trump - Obama whataboutery but sorry, no.
    Huh?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I'm not sure they have the time what with all the murdering of minorities they do.
    Sources needed! (see, two can play that game).

Who murders more minorities... whites or other minorities?

Huh?

Problems understanding as well, not surprised.

lemme try again:

- Weekly mass murders of minorities
    - Shouting obscenities at president

These are two things, not one.

One is a violent one, one is something that happens every time there is any president, and doesn't seem to kill anyone.

Let me paraphrase: they are two different things, not the same.

Let me also help more: If person x says they hope president y rots, there is nothing to defend. Those were words. If movement x murders minorities weekly, and people who the murderers sided with are having protests against minorities, there's a lot to defend. Unless you actually enjoy minorities being murdered, in which case, you'll probably accuse the defenders.

Oh sorry, your whining got lost in midst of all other whining by you.

I don't agree with that ADL article. Did I say somewhere I always agree with ADL? Weird, I don't think I ever did!

No hyperbole. Far right fascists have been murdering people on a weekly basis. Have you not noticed? Seems like you love ignoring it.

Opposing such violence can get pretty intense. I bet you'd never oppose such racist violence, you, such a liberal lefty and everything.

Why do you think they said what they did then?

Evidence please that it's been happening on a "weekly basis". Bear in mind we're referring to America here.

Sources needed! (see, two can play that game).

Who murders more minorities... whites or other minorities?
    U seriously going with "what mass murders?"

• Advertisement

lemme try again:

One is a violent one, one is something that happens every time there is any president, and doesn't seem to kill anyone.

Let me also help more: If person x says they hope president y rots, there is nothing to defend. Those were words. If movement x murders minorities weekly, and people who the murderers sided with are having protests against minorities, there's a lot to defend. Unless you actually enjoy minorities being murdered, in which case, you'll probably accuse the defenders.

Again evidence of the idea that there are "weekly mass murders of minorities".

Why do you think they said what they did then?

Evidence please that it's been happening on a "weekly basis". Bear in mind we're referring to America here.

Oh I've provided links to this many times. You seem to be using the alt right tactic of "even when the proof has been provided, keep asking for it, just to waste their time". Weird for such a self awoved liberal lefty!

Weekly: recently, have you been watching the news? I bet not.
    The Anti-Defamation League recently reported that right-wing extremists were linked to more murders in the United States (at least 50) in 2018 than in any other year since 1995, when Timothy McVeigh bombed an Oklahoma City federal building. The organization also found that in the past decade, roughly 73 percent of extremist-related fatalities have been associated with domestic right-wing extremists, relative to about 23 percent attributed to Islamist extremists.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/08/how-can-fbi-fight-far-right-extremism-ideology/595435/

In case you're gonna go for "There aren't really that many nazis, you're just delusional!" classic leftist liberal argument AGAIN here's an article too Over 1,000 Hate Groups Are Now Active in United States, Civil Rights Group Says

etc etc, I'm sure you can see some of the proof if you want to search for it. But why would you really, shared articles of liberal lefty pages such as Daily Caller will surely be give you the truth you need, without having to look at actual evidence.

Again evidence of the idea that there are "weekly mass murders of minorities".

Give me your estimate then? Can you also compare those numbers with shootings done by Antifa? Would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

No one is the people of Portland, only if every one comes it is the people of Portland.
    Thats my point, thanks you.
    So none should do anything. Of course a supporter of proud boys should say that!
    Where did I say that, this is what I mean by simplistic thinking, if I don't support antifa that means Im against minorities ?? Idiotic.
    I don't support proud boys but Im also against Antifa, I think they're the same thing in essence.
    We all have a responsibility to defend our minorities.
    Obviously, thats why we have laws to protect us all attacking anybody is illegal. Also they are not "ours", they are their own, independent people.
    If you claim otherwise, it seems like you are ok with allowing the minorities to be attacked without any support. Death to humane values and solidarity, eh?
    Please show where I said that or are you just hysterically screeching ?
    The Proud Boys said they're ready to use violence. I bet you have no problem of that. Seems like targeting minorities is what makes violence good for you.

As did antifa, I have a problem with anyone looking to attack anybody for no reason. This also confirms you are indeed just hysterically screeching, youre not even reading what others are writing, just jumping to mad conclusions.

lemme try again:

Okay... SO, PROVIDE ME WITH PROOF THE PROUD BOYS MURDERED MINORITIES. If you're unable to do so your whole argument is CRAP!

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Thats my point, thanks you.

Where did I say that, this is what I mean by simplistic thinking, if I don't support antifa that means Im against minorities ?? Idiotic.
    I don't support proud boys but Im also against Antifa, I think they're the same thing in essence.

Obviously, thats why we have laws to protect us all attacking anybody is illegal. Also they are not "ours", they are their own, independent people.

Please show where I said that or are you just hysterically screeching ?

As did antifa, I have a problem with anyone looking to attack anybody for no reason. This also confirms you are indeed just hysterically screeching, youre not even reading what others are writing, just jumping to mad conclusions.
    Laws don't help the people who are already gunned down. Kill 20 minorities, then kill yrself, become an Alt Right martyr, but of course, protesting these people is the real fascism! Yep, that kinda attitude is directly hurtful to minorities so there ya go.

Okay... SO, PROVIDE ME WITH PROOF THE PROUD BOYS MURDERED MINORITIES. If you're unable to do so your whole argument is CRAP!
    Your Caps Lock seems broken. Maybe you could quote the bit where I said the shooters where Proud Boys. You sound a bit tense there m8.

Laws don't help the people who are already gunned down. Kill 20 minorities, then kill yrself, become an Alt Right martyr, but of course, protesting these people is the real fascism! Yep, that kinda attitude is directly hurtful to minorities so there ya go.

When has a protest against mass murderers of minorities been attacked and shut down ? Please provide proof or else you are just making things up.

Or

Are you saying that the proud boys are marching in favour of these lunatics that have committed these acts in recent times ?

yep, so there ya go pardner :rolleyes:

Your Caps Lock seems broken. Maybe you could quote the bit where I said the shooters where Proud Boys. You sound a bit tense there m8.
    Cap lock is fine. You are the one who said the methods (violence) were understandable use against people who murder minorities. Antifa is targeting the Proud Boys this weekend. So... make the connection to your argument.

When has a protest against mass murderers of minorities been attacked and shut down ? Please provide proof or else you are just making things up.

Or

Are you saying that the proud boys are marching in favour of these lunatics that have committed these acts in recent times ?

yep, so there ya go pardner :rolleyes:
    They are continuing their fake news propaganda that propagates those people murdering people. It's beyond dogwhistling, and ignoring such is such blatant disregard of the physical reality we live in, it clearly comes from a sad ideology.

Not sure if lunatics, of course you wanna blame mental illness but the people did leave their manifestos showing where they took their influence. Perhaps leave the mental illness references to actual forensic doctors.

• Advertisement

Cap lock is fine. You are the one who said the methods (violence) were understandable use against people who murder minorities. Antifa is targeting the Proud Boys this weekend. So... make the connection to your argument.

Caps lock is a sign of yr derangement imho!

They are opposing the Proud Boys march which is 100% to spread fake news fascist propaganda, which has been used as reasoning in those murders. They also incite violence via intentional provocation, which everyone understands except the people who pretend not to get it.

So yes, definitely worth confronting. Easy connection, mentioned already many times, but I know you'll keep feigning ignorance.

They are continuing their fake news propaganda that propagates those people murdering people. It's beyond dogwhistling, and ignoring such is such blatant disregard of the physical reality we live in, it clearly comes from a sad ideology.

Ok, so we've walked back from they are going out to attack minorities to this if you don't mind me saying quite vague charge of encouraging people to kill minorities by marching.
    Not sure if lunatics, of course you wanna blame mental illness but the people did leave their manifestos showing where they took their influence. Perhaps leave the mental illness references to actual forensic doctors.

Anyone who comes to the conclusion of murder to solve a political issue is a lunatic, regardless of what they write down, left or right.

Oh I've provided links to this many times. You seem to be using the alt right tactic of "even when the proof has been provided, keep asking for it, just to waste their time". Weird for such a self awoved liberal lefty!

Weekly: recently, have you been watching the news? I bet not.

Says you:D And no, I'm not a "liberal lefty" either. Not a very good judge of character are you. A bit like your pal Hill16bhoy. I'm a centrist.

"Have you been watching the news" might be evidence in loony anti-fa land, but not in the real world unfortunately.

The article you quoted doesn't say that attacks by far right terrorists have been happening on a "weekly basis" as claimed, neither does the particular part you quoted. Indeed the report linked says "Five shooting sprees resulted in 38 deaths". So the numbers don't add up for these murders to have been happening on a "weekly basis". More hyperbole.

Oh and btw, the part did you did quote links to a study by who? Oh that's right, the ADL. The same organisation who says:
    Antifa have expanded their definition of fascist/fascism to include not just white supremacists and other extremists, but also many conservatives and supporters of President Trump. In Berkeley, for example, some antifa were captured on video harassing Trump supporters with no known extremist connections. Antifa have also falsely characterized some recent right wing rallies as “Nazi” events, even though they were not actually white supremacist in nature.

Funny how you only "agree" with the ADL when it suits. Very typical of an ideologue.
    In case you're gonna go for "There aren't really that many nazis, you're just delusional!" classic leftist liberal argument AGAIN here's an article too
    Over 1,000 Hate Groups Are Now Active in United States, Civil Rights Group Says

etc etc, I'm sure you can see some of the proof if you want to search for it. But why would you really, shared articles of liberal lefty pages such as Daily Caller will surely be give you the truth you need, without having to look at actual evidence.

The NY times article needs an account to read which I'm not doing. Regardless, what is important is number of members, not number of groups. This should then be taken as a proportion of the American population to give the percentage (it'll be in the single digits). So no, there aren't that many Nazis.

Again, giving me a google search is not evidence, and as I said, we are talking specific to America here.

Regardless, the idea that antifa are in anyway effective is preposterous. Your own links prove this. The group became resurgent under Trump (elected 2016). And as your own links show, the number of killings by the far-right hit a record high in 2018 for this decade, the highest since 1995. Seems all that rioting has had the opposite effect intended. A big F for antifa so.

Caps lock is a sign of yr derangement imho!

They are opposing the Proud Boys march which is 100% to spread fake news fascist propaganda, which has been used as reasoning in those murders. They also incite violence via intentional provocation, which everyone understands except the people who pretend not to get it.

So yes, definitely worth confronting. Easy connection, mentioned already many times, but I know you'll keep feigning ignorance.
    The protest this weekend is a statement against the attack on journalist Ngo with the goal of getting Antifa declared a domestic terrorist organization and to showcase to the world Antifa’s violent tactics.

So, it sure seems like you’re okay with using violence against an organization who wants to peaceably protest violence.

Boggles the mind.

Only an authoritarian would believe that they "own" minorities, or anyone for that matter. The evidence keeps building as to what snowblind really is. A far-left authoritarian who supports scum like antifa.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Perhaps those on the right should use the left’s tactics here and demand proof for anything and everything commented on… even opinion. Thankfully the right is not so obtuse. So here you go…

https://www.apnews.com/5b1dd62557dc4e52bce91d3693c2389c

From Rose City Antifa…

And how have they 'defended' themselves countless times before... by stomping the crap out of anyone they simply consider to be an enemy (alone usually) and destroying private property?

https://rosecityantifa.org/articles/2019-8-17/

Oh yeah... You might not be familiar with our Constitution, but...

And, yes, I’m happy Antifa is finally starting to get nationwide attention for the violent ways they operate, and the MSN seems to be backing off providing cover for them.

So defend means attack now? I'll add that to the list of words that have changed meaning in this thread.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    So defend means attack now? I'll add that to the list of words that have changed meaning in this thread.
    Take it up with Antifa. They're the ones who use word defend to give credence for their violent attacks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Take it up with Antifa. They're the ones who use word defend to give credence for their violent attacks.

No, you're one who assumes they mean attack when they say defend.

While at the same time praising the Proud Boys for saying they will only use violence to defend themselves. Why doesn't this mean they are going to attack Antifa to you?

At least be consistent.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    No, you're one who assumes they mean attack when they say defend.

While at the same time praising the Proud Boys for saying they will only use violence to defend themselves. Why doesn't this mean they are going to attack Antifa to you?

At least be consistent.
    That's grasping at straws. Antifa claims their violent actions are defense when they are the ones on the offense. And show me where I defended (in the non-Antifa true meaning of the word defend) the Proud Boys on anything other than their claim to not want to initiate violence, and their right under the Constitution to peaceable protest. I would give Antifa accolades if they promised not to initiate violence, and, I do support their right to also protest peaceably.

So if someone punches you in the mouth for doing nothing but what is Constitutionally protected, and you punch back... YOU are the attacker? That's some crazy reasoning.

• Advertisement

Ok, so we've walked back from they are going out to attack minorities to this if you don't mind me saying quite vague charge of encouraging people to kill minorities by marching.
    What are you even referring to

Anyone who comes to the conclusion of murder to solve a political issue is a lunatic, regardless of what they write down, left or right.

Unless you have a medical journal you can refer to, that is a complete and utter lie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement