Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

20Cent wrote: »
    Cute that such naivity still survives these days.

I'm going to interpret this as you're not joking, and you do think Trump is some sort of actual Nazi. :confused::rolleyes:

I only use my ignore list for extremists, so I'm adding you to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    I'm going to interpret this as you're not joking, and you do think Trump is some sort of actual Nazi. :confused::rolleyes:

I only use my ignore list for extremists, so I'm adding you to it now.

Doubt he knows what a nazi is.

He's a racist, clear as day.
    Authoritarian instincts as well.

Both undeniable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Warrant out for "patriot prayer" leader Joey Gibson. Looks like tomorrow will be a very small turnout for the far right. Antifa won't have much to do.
    Although less extremists at the protest would be a good thing, I don't think your report of a warrant out for his arrest is quite correct.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Although less extremists at the protest would be a good thing, I don't think your report of a warrant out for his arrest is quite correct.

He says he's turning himself in on a felony riot charge on his facebook page. One less criminal going.

Warrant out for "patriot prayer" leader Joey Gibson. Looks like tomorrow will be a very small turnout for the far right. Antifa won't have much to do.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. There are conflicting reports. If the District Attorney did issue a warrant without waiting for his grand jury to indict, it’s going to look pretty bad. And it looks like the warrant may have disappeared.
    “At one point, it was showing up in the system that there was a warrant, and then it went away.”

“The District Attorney claims that Mr. Gibson committed the crime of ‘riot’ (ORS 166.015), which requires proof of ‘tumultuous and violent conduct’ by Mr. Gibson. There are multiple videos of the events at Cider Riot, and not one of them shows Mr. Gibson engaging in violent conduct.”

Gibson said he had planned to turn himself in Thursday but, after speaking with Buchal, decided to hold off until Friday morning to determine if the warrant had, in fact, been issued and was valid.

“The goal is to be able to go and be out the same day,” Gibson said, “but I think they’re trying to hold me over the weekend because of the rally.”

“Mr. Gibson was repeatedly pepper-sprayed and spat upon by violent members of Antifa, none of whom have been arrested or charged for their conduct on May 1st,’’ Buchal said in his statement. “It is not as though the government is ignorant of the identity of the Antifa combatants; even now, the Oregon Liquor Control Commission refuses to release an investigative report about Cider Riot that Mr. Gibson requested long ago, which should identify other combatants.

“These charges represent a total failure of the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office to distinguish between violent conduct and the exercise of First Amendment rights,’’ Buchal stated. “Worse still, by arresting only one side of the alleged ‘riot,’ the District Attorney of Multnomah County is by all appearances acting as a special prosecutor for Antifa. These criminal proceedings are part and parcel of the dishonest campaign by Portland leaders to blame out-of-town demonstrators for violence that began and persists because Antifa wants to shut down any right-wing demonstrations in Portland. Antifa publicly asserts its insistence on shutting down these demonstrations by any means necessary, and to date, nearly all the perpetrators of Antifa violence have escaped justice.

“If Mr. Gibson’s conduct on May 1st constitutes ‘riot,’ so does the conduct of thousands of peaceful demonstrators who have appeared on the streets of Portland standing near violent Antifa members,’’ Buchal said. “The District Attorney’s decision to destroy constitutional protections against free speech by charging a peaceful protester with a crime of violence makes this a dark day for the rule of law in Oregon.’’

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/patriot-prayer-leader-joey-gibson-said-hes-facing-charges-for-rioting/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Maybe yes, maybe no. There are conflicting reports. If the District Attorney did issue a warrant without waiting for his grand jury to indict, it’s going to look pretty bad. And it looks like the warrant may have disappeared.

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/patriot-prayer-leader-joey-gibson-said-hes-facing-charges-for-rioting/

Good idea rounding up these guys before the march will go a long way to reducing potential problems. Surprised it took so log actually. Andy Ngo should also be charged as part of the group that attacked Cider Riot bar.

Good idea rounding up these guys before the march will go a long way to reducing potential problems. Surprised it took so log actually. Andy Ngo should also be charged as part of the group that attacked Cider Riot bar.
    You mean round up him and many dozens of Antifa members that were actually rioting?

You mean round up him and many dozens of Antifa members that were actually rioting?

Cops seem to know what they are doing. It was all videod so clear who the culprits were. Good work by them.

Cops seem to know what they are doing. It was all videod so clear who the culprits were. Good work by them.
    I saw video of the Cider Riot where Antifa visciously attacked Joey Gibson. A lot of Antifa should have been arrested that day. If you mean the police were doing their jobs by giving cover to Antifa, then they did their job famously. One has to ask why the Oregon Liquor Control Commission refuses to release an investigative report about the Cider Riot. Let's just hope justice will be served tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_g2mJyQ3hA

I saw video of the Cider Riot where Antifa visciously attacked Joey Gibson. A lot of Antifa should have been arrested that day. If you mean the police were doing their jobs by giving cover to Antifa, then they did their job famously. One has to ask why the Oregon Liquor Control Commission refuses to release an investigative report about the Cider Riot. Let's just hope justice will be served tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_g2mJyQ3hA

Antifa killed Epstein as well.

People were enjoying time in a bar and that lot showed up simple as.
    Seems the police also agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Andy Ngo should also be charged as part of the group that attacked Cider Riot bar.

What should be be charged with?

Ironicname wrote: »

He's not on the far left, so that means he's some sort of nazi pedo, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Being, literally, Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Breathing on a public path.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

live stream from Portland. :D

Oh god. I pressed play for a few minutes and it's just loads of mentally ill people.

Cops had to put up a concrete barrier to stop right wingers driving their cars into crowds of people.

Sounda like it went off without disturbance. Well done antifa protecting Portland once again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Sounda like it went off without disturbance. Well done antifa protecting Portland once again.

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1162805522938114048?s=09

Thanks Portland police

Antifa are scum

https://twitter.com/belovedsyem/status/1162848016237121536?s=09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

What the fùck! Some kind of mad Max weirdness.
    Is the "individual" in the chair doing a blackface?
    Tut tut. I'm sure the left learners will call it out.

Picture above that isnt much better either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

While this man is a fcuking idiot to bring a kid to the protest, these scumbag Antifa show how low they are by chasing and tormenting them despite her age. How anyone can support these people is beyond me.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1162828118526062592

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Where are all the "far right nazis" causing violence videos?

All ive seen is leftist scum terrorizing people and young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

This is just all too weird. Anti-fascists acting like fascists. I don't think I want to get involved. <puts fingers in ears>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

While this man is a fcuking idiot to bring a kid to the protest, these scumbag Antifa show how low they are by chasing and tormenting them despite her age. How anyone can support these people is beyond me.

I agree. But these are the same people who don't believe in personal responsibility and cry "victim blaming" if in any situation themselves.

That was no place for a child, yet that does not excuse the absolute scum that are antifa.

They have shown themselves for what they are tonight. A vicious, repressive authoritarian mob masquerading as a liberal, progressive, anti facsist group.

I feel like antifa are the losers and rejects of society, angry at people who embrace hard work, effort and ultimately success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

What an absolute ****ing eejit, bringing a child to that.
    Antifa then do what antifa do, bully and harass. Idiots all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Where are all the "far right nazis" causing violence videos?
    there are none. any videos you see of "proud boys" people involved in scuffles they are defending themselves from antifa people. its just that, one on one, the antifa person will usually lose because they are usually an anemic rich kid who, though armed with a hammer and a bottle if piss, have never been in real fight while the other side are usually pretty blue collar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement