Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

20Cent wrote: »
    Cops had to put up a concrete barrier to stop right wingers driving their cars into crowds of people.

Would you not take the weekend off, your spoofing can wait til Monday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

there are none. any videos you see of "proud boys" people involved in scuffles they are defending themselves from antifa people. its just that, one on one, the antifa person will usually lose because they are usually an anemic rich kid who, though armed with a hammer and a bottle if piss, have never been in real fight while the other side are usually pretty blue collar

I always find this kind of response very interesting.

It's similar to the tweets about that show the weirdest and weakest looking participants in the Antifa counter protest. And also the previous videos referring to Antifa "Soyboys".

Why is it necessary to attack people's appearance and physical stature? Sure you can disagree with someone without thus purile, petty nonsense. It undercuts the point and turns people off.

What is the fascination with physical prowess among right wing groups and their supporters? Surely intellectual prowess is far more important.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Why is it necessary to attack people's appearance?

Antifa viciously assault and intimidate people of varied races, ages, and genders all for the crime of wearing a red hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

It's similar to the tweets about that show the weirdest and weakest looking participants in the Antifa counter protest. And also the previous videos referring to Antifa "Soyboys".

Why is it necessary to attack people's appearance and physical stature? Sure you can disagree with someone without thus purile, petty nonsense. It undercuts the point and turns people off.

What is the fascination with physical prowess among right wing groups and their supporters? Surely intellectual prowess is far more important.
    its important only in that it speaks to the reason the anti-antifa people are blamed for the violence - because they have a tendency to win individual confrontations and are captured on video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Why is it necessary to attack people's appearance and physical stature?

Please tell antifa that.

Just because a person is male, white and has a testosterone level above 270 ng/dL, that doesn't mean they're a white supremacist.

Btw we know you don't really give a damn about people attacking their appearance. That's just the only line of attack you have.

You know antifa are a scummy organisation but you can't admit you're wrong so you'll defend them using any means possible.

• Advertisement

Antifa viciously assault and intimidate people of varied races, ages, and genders all for the crime of wearing a red hat.

In fairness, red is a very sexual colour, and most antifa folk couldn't get laid in a brothel, so I can understand the anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

What is the fascination with physical prowess among right wing groups and their supporters?.

What do you make of the latest videos showing antifa violence, didn't you say you'd stop supporting them if there were more instances of violence?
    Surely intellectual prowess is far more important.

Well antifa members are seemingly lacking in both so.

Surely intellectual prowess is far more important.

Is macing an 10 year old girl a display of intellectual prowess?

Is tearing apart a city and vandalizing hundreds of businesses a sign of intellectual prowess?

Is beating up a senior citizen for having the audacity to wear a MAGA hat a sign of intellectual prowess?

Antifa are imbecilic vermin who bully and intimidate only when surrounded by their horde of like minded fascists, but when outnumbered cower and run. They're pathethic, and deserve all the ridicule they've been receiving of late.

They are no different to the shower of, ironically enough, unshowered Occupy gob****es from a few years back. They make a lot of noise and do a lot of damage, but despite claims of fighting the good fight, they are no more than bullies with self esteem issues.

Am I defending that? No. So why not address the point I actually made instead of defaulting to whataboutery?

they/them/theirs

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Please tell antifa that.

Just because a person is male, white and has a testosterone level above 270 ng/dL, that doesn't mean they're a white supremacist.

Btw we know you don't really give a damn about people attacking their appearance. That's just the only line of attack you have.

You know antifa are a scummy organisation but you can't admit you're wrong so you'll defend them using any means possible.

I’m not defending their use of violence, ever. It’s wrong.

I’m also not attacking anyone. I’m curious, as I said, as to why people keep attacking Others for their perceived lack of “manliness”. Why is it so common?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

In fairness, red is a very sexual colour, and most antifa folk couldn't get laid in a brothel, so I can understand the anger.

See here we go. All Antifa members are so unmanly that even a prostitute wouldn’t sleep with them. What’s the point in that? They do enough things wrong, like attacking someone with a child. Why not focus on that instead of their inability to attract the opposite sex?

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

I’m also not attacking anyone. I’m curious, as I said, as to why people keep attacking Others for their perceived lack of “manliness”. Why is it so common?

It's because there all really cool edgy guys.

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    What do you make of the latest videos showing antifa violence, didn't you say you'd stop supporting them if there were more instances of violence?

Well antifa members are seemingly lacking in both so.

I think it’s terrible. I think violence is wrong. I’m not saying anything new here. I’ve never said I support Antifa, just that I am sympathetic to the cause of opposing fascism and I believe the threat they present is completely overhyped.

they/them/theirs

See here we go. All Antifa members are so unmanly that even a prostitute wouldn’t sleep with them. What’s the point in that? They do enough things wrong, like attacking someone with a child. Why not focus on that instead of their inability to attract the opposite sex?

Because it's a huge part of the reason antifa exist.

These people, generally, are the rejects of society.

Their anger and hatred is based on this.

It's only the naive who think these people actually care about others, or have good intentions.

"I want power too!"

At least if they shouted that I could respect them for being honest.

Is macing an 10 year old girl a display of intellectual prowess?

Is tearing apart a city and vandalizing hundreds of businesses a sign of intellectual prowess?

Is beating up a senior citizen for having the audacity to wear a MAGA hat a sign of intellectual prowess?

Antifa are imbecilic vermin who bully and intimidate only when surrounded by their horde of like minded fascists, but when outnumbered cower and run. They're pathethic, and deserve all the ridicule they've been receiving of late.

They are no different to the shower of, ironically enough, unshowered Occupy gob****es from a few years back. They make a lot of noise and do a lot of damage, but despite claims of fighting the good fight, they are no more than bullies with self esteem issues.

I’m not even saying they don’t deserve ridicule, I am reserving judgement on that.

Why the attack on their perceived lack of manliness? That’s all I want to know. Why is it so important to some people?

The Proud Boys are a prime example of this. They believe physical prowess is some sort of virtue and I really don’t understand why.

I’m taller than 98% of people, last time i saw a statistic on it, and I’m stronger because I train hard. If I joined Antifa would I be somehow a more acceptable as an enemy? It’s a bizarre fixation I’m very curious about.

they/them/theirs

just that I am sympathetic to the cause of opposing fascism
    we all oppose fascism. but there are very few bona fide fascists. Trump is an ignorant buffoon but he's not a fascist. Wanting immigration laws enforced is not fascist. wearing a maga hat is not fascist.

Because it's a huge part of the reason antifa exist.

These people, generally, are the rejects of society.

Their anger and hatred is based on this.

It's only the naive who think these people actually care about others, or have good intentions.

"I want power too!"

At least if they shouted that I could respect them for being honest.

So Antifa are both comfortable middle class/wealthy kids and the rejects of society?

I honestly think people are projecting way too much on Antifa. They bundle together everything they dislike: wimps, thugs, fascists, transgender people, communists etc and use it as a reason to hate Antifa. When in reality they can’t be all of these things at once.

they/them/theirs

we all oppose fascism. but there are very few bona fide fascists. Trump is an ignorant buffoon but he's not a fascist. Wanting immigration laws enforced is not fascist. wearing a maga hat is not fascist.

Actually not everyone here does oppose fascism. I believe you do, but some people who post here would be cosy enough with fascists.

I agree with the above. These things aren’t fascist. Just like Antifa aren’t fascist, as some people accuse.

Back to my earlier question: why the attacks on their perceived manliness?

they/them/theirs

Back to my earlier question: why the attacks on their perceived manliness?
    its an observation not an attack and i've already answered that. because in a fight between a slender blue haired student and a beef cake flag waver, the beef cake will always look lile the aggressor.

So Antifa are both comfortable middle class/wealthy kids and the rejects of society?

I'm not playing this game with you.

You, me and everyone else know the kids of middle class/wealthy people can be the rejects of society.

No friends, no sex life, crap job.

The classic example is the angry feminist with her gender studies degree working in Starbucks. She blames society for her failures when in fact the problem is she is bitter (not a very likeable trait in a person) and chose a pointless degree. No employers want her, no men want her. So she lashes out.

It seems you're trying to "win" on any technicality. That's weak man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Folks before posting links to tweets check out the tweeter even for a frew seconds. Over half of what purports to be about antifa are fake tweets and images from different events. Far right people make them to get people riled up.

Attacked just for wearing a red hat?

Or maybe being there with a bunch of Nazis hammering people.

Jeffrey Dalmer was arrested because he wore nice slacks.

Despite getting approval from trump wearing a maga hat does not mean they can attack others without consequences.

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1162975032546664448?s=19

Despite getting approval from trump wearing a maga hat does not mean they can attack others without consequences.

in a world where Maga people are "Nazis", Antifa people can be "terrorists". See how this utterly moronic game works?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

There is a video clip of that, the bus is driving away and ANTIFA were trying to drag a fellow out of it.

The Asian man waved the hammer to frighten them off and the fellow wasn't pulled off the bus.

I'm not playing this game with you.

You, me and everyone else know the kids of middle class/wealthy people can be the rejects of society.

No friends, no sex life, crap job.

The classic example is the angry feminist with her gender studies degree working in Starbucks. She blames society for her failures when in fact the problem is she is bitter (not a very likeable trait in a person) and chose a pointless degree. No employers want her, no men want her. So she lashes out.

It seems you're trying to "win" on any technicality. That's weak man.

Win what exactly? There’s no win or lose here, I am asking questions in order to have a better understanding of both sides.

I am curious about what drives Antifa and what drives people to attack Antifa.

I genuinely don’t understand the current popularity of the Alt right machismo as displayed by the likes of the Proud Boys. I think some of the attacks on Antifa come from the same place, intellectually. I’d like to understand why.

they/them/theirs

in a world where Maga people are "Nazis", Antifa people can be "terrorists". See how this utterly moronic game works?

That bus was carrying people from a group called American Guard. The bus stopped and people inside opened the door and started hitting people with hammers. The hammer was taken off them amd thrown back at them.
    There is video of all this. Andy Ngo edits it so it looks like antifa attracts for no reason. Ngo is a bad faith actor who is manipulating people into thinking exacrly what you claim above. People are being attacked just because they support trump.

its an observation not an attack and i've already answered that. because in a fight between a slender blue haired student and a beef cake flag waver, the beef cake will always look lile the aggressor.

It’s hardly an observation when people call them “soyboys” etc. .

Let’s say I join Antifa and square up to a “beef cake flag waver”. Does that change who’s right and who’s wrong? Does it change the intellectual argument in any way?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

People are being attacked just because they support trump.

Broken clock is right twice a day. (Even if it was a typo)

Ironicname wrote: »
    Broken clock is right twice a day. (Even if it was a typo)

Another bad faith actor. The Dunne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So the Chinese man with a hammer is a Nazi?

Is he a fascist in the way gay Vietnamese small scale reporters are?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement