Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Brian? wrote: »
    I’m not defending their use of violence, ever. It’s wrong.

I’m also not attacking anyone. I’m curious, as I said, as to why people keep attacking Others for their perceived lack of “manliness”. Why is it so common?

Elements in both sides are there to fight. We all know it. Both sides come armed and goad each other.
    Turning up masked and ready to rumble.

Positioning people in wheelchairs at the front is hardly a good idea.

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Let me give some examples of extremists:

The IRA

Al Qaeda

Antifa

Black Lives Matter

The Alt-Right (actually alt-right, not just people on the right)

Neo-Nazis

Nazis

Which of these groups are "reasonable" in your opinion?

The IRA when they were fighting against British military. Long long ago

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Let me give some examples of extremists:

The IRA

Al Qaeda

Antifa

Black Lives Matter

The Alt-Right (actually alt-right, not just people on the right)

Neo-Nazis

Nazis

Which of these groups are "reasonable" in your opinion?

I’m not talking about entire groups you are. I’m talking about reasonable individuals. You’re just proving my point here. You’re picking groups and assuming the entire membership is unreasonable.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Elements in both sides are there to fight. We all know it. Both sides come armed and goad each other.
    Turning up masked and ready to rumble.

Positioning people in wheelchairs at the front is hardly a good idea.

Agreed.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Proud boys say they want to march again next month.
    How many times do these fools have to be told to f off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I’m not talking about entire groups you are. I’m talking about reasonable individuals. You’re just proving my point here. You’re picking groups and assuming the entire membership is unreasonable.

Just so we're clear:

You think some neo-nazis are reasonable and it's "lazy" (your words) to describe them as unreasonable extremists?

20Cent wrote: »
    Proud boys say they want to march again next month.
    How many times do these fools have to be told to f off.

They should march weekly

Just so we're clear:

You think some neo-nazis are reasonable and it's "lazy" (your words) to describe them as unreasonable extremists?

I think some neo Nazis could be reasonable people, But I could be wrong.

Just so we’re clear:

You’re happy to label everyone who joins an Antifa protest unreasonable.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I think some neo Nazis could be reasonable people, But I could be wrong.

Just so we’re clear:

You’re happy to label everyone who joins an Antifa protest unreasonable.

One of the issues with the left (I think this is their main problem) is they tend not to think things through.

So I'm absolutely certain some people hear "anti-fascist" and take that at face value, and go along to an antifa march. What they don't realise is antifa have little or nothing to do with anti-fascism.

I don't believe any reasonable person becomes a neo-nazi. I don't think you believe that either...

Anyway let's not keep talking about this.

Marvel should make a series about these guys kicking nazi ass.

https://twitter.com/ViperMinion/status/1163079483068489729?s=19

• Advertisement

And the Spartan guy has White Pride tattooed on his back.

https://twitter.com/DavidNeiwert/status/1162962426234454019?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

At least the 3 at the front aren’t afraid to show their faces, unlike all the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

20Cent wrote: »
    And the Spartan guy has White Pride tattooed on his back.

https://twitter.com/DavidNeiwert/status/1162962426234454019?s=19

And? Would you be happier if his tattoo read "White Shame"? Being proud of your race doesn't necessarily suggest you believe your race to be superior. MMA fighter Cain Velasquez has "Brown Pride" tattooed on his chest, is he racist? What about those who march in Black Pride events, are they all racist? I know it doesn't fall align with Antifa's narrative, but it is still okay to be white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

And? Would you be happier if his tattoo read "White Shame"? Being proud of your race doesn't necessarily suggest you believe your race to be superior. MMA fighter Cain Velasquez has "Brown Pride" tattooed on his chest, is he racist? What about those who march in Black Pride events, are they all racist? I know it doesn't fall align with Antifa's narrative, but it is still okay to be white.

Jaysus. This post is embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I find it strange that some people are proud of their race all the same, regardless if they're black or white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

And the term "white pride" tends to relate to white supremacy or white Nationalism. "Brown/black pride" etc tends to have more to do with overcoming subjugation and what was a huge human rights struggle. Also a celebration of culture.

It's a bit like the people who say "where are our straight pride parades?". Not very subtle bigots.

Bloke dressed ass Spartan with white pride tattoos swinging a shield at antifascists.

Centerist.
    Maybe he's just proud of his melanin count we could meet him halfway and discuss our politics.

batgoat wrote: »
    And the term "white pride" tends to relate to white supremacy or white Nationalism. "Brown/black pride" etc tends to have more to do with overcoming subjugation and what was a huge human rights struggle. Also a celebration of culture.

It's a bit like the people who say "where are our straight pride parades?". Not very subtle bigots.

Utterly Baffling post from snake. Completely ignorant to the United States history.

That you believe I care about your opinion is embarrassing.

DanDan6592 wrote: »

I find it strange that some people are proud of their race all the same, regardless if they're black or white.

As do I, I'm merely pointing out the obvious truth that one can be proud of their race without them necessarily being racist.

• Advertisement

Well not having a basic grasp of American history is embarrassing. Go you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

neither of those statements are biggoted and the direct definition isn't either, they do however get co-opted by biggots.

Well not having a basic grasp of American history is embarrassing. Go you.

Perhaps instead of infantile ad hominems, you might attempt to educate me, how does my opinion that being proud of one's race, displays ignorance to American History? Am I to presume you believe white people should not display pride for their race due to the historic subjugation of African Americans?

Perhaps instead of infantile ad hominems, you might attempt to educate me, how does my opinion that being proud of one's race, displays ignorance to American History? Am I to presume you believe white people should not display pride for their race due to the historic subjugation of African Americans?

Yes your basic understanding of American history is lacking. I'm not going to argue with you on the stupid premise that the fella who got the tattoo, did it for innocent reasons. Why would anybody?,its simply embarrassing given that he's attending a far right rally.

So yes my point still stands. Your post is embarrassing.

https://youtu.be/HKCfu4UJQiQ

Could be worse. We could all live in Los Angeles

Yes your basic understanding of American history is lacking.

Excellent debating style, you've left me absolutely heartbroken that my ignorance has been so comprehensively exposed with your incredible informed post, I may not sleep tonight I'm so appalled and embarresed to have failed your honourable critique.

So just to be clear, you prescribe to the view that to be proud to be white is bad, but pride to be brown/black is something to be celebrated? Such an arbitrary rule sounds kind of racist to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

re reg poster makes snarky comment because they cant point out the actual problem with the post .

it just feels wrong to the far left carbon copy opinion that has been created fro them ,

next time you re reg get your own opinion with it will ya , theres enough libtardbots here already

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Why should anybody be "proud" of an accident of birth?

• Advertisement

See yer man called himself Based Spartan.
    His new nickname is not so cool, Cucked Spartan.
    After he was chased away and had a hissy fit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement