Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

20Cent wrote: »
    You know he was attacking a bar full of people at the time?
    Maybe the reason they weren't welcome there was because of that and not his race.
    Or was it he was physically attacked by a bar full of people at the time?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

It's an old right wing trick. The left are hypocrites if they behave like the right. The right are just being themselves, but the hypocrites, am I right?

Exactly, there was a short period where this stuff worked. Using liberal values against them. But now it's clear the alt right have no interest in truth or reality just some weird obsession with "owning the left" or some such nonsense.
    People are leaving them in droves, proud boys etc sent back underground where they belong.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Or was it he was physically attacked by a bar full of people at the time?

It was all videoed and the cops are investigating, they have charged Joey and several of his group so it's clear who the instigators are.

It was all videoed and the cops are investigating, they have charged Joey and several of his group so it's clear who the instigators are.
    From the video it appears Antifa are the people the police SHOULD have charged.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Exactly, there was a short period where this stuff worked. Using liberal values against them. But now it's clear the alt right have no interest in truth or reality just some weird obsession with "owning the left" or some such nonsense.
    People are leaving them in droves, proud boys etc sent back underground where they belong.
    Less Proud Boys and less Antifa is a good thing. What the protest did do was to spotlight the violent tendencies of Antifa, and change some public opinion that allowing Antifa to keep getting away with physical violence and personal property destruction will no longer be tolerated.

• Advertisement

They were enjoying being in the pub. Joey and his crew arrived to start trouble, which they did. People in the bar defended themselves.
    Clear as day.
    Even the cops agree.
    A girl got seriously injured. If Joey and his buddies stayed away nothing would have happened similar to all these marches.

They were enjoying being in the pub. Joey and his crew arrived to start trouble, which they did. People in the bar defended themselves.
    Clear as day.
    Even the cops agree.
    A girl got seriously injured. If Joey and his buddies stayed away nothing would have happened similar to all these marches.
    So now you are advocating that if someone calls me a name that I don't like I have every right to pepper spray them? And that if you're on the right you need to keep away from public places?

So now you are advocating that if someone calls me a name that I don't like I have every right to pepper spray them? And that if you're on the right you need to keep away from public places?

No.
    Show up at a bar screaming threats at people. Don't be surprised if they come out to defend themselves.

No.
    Show up at a bar screaming threats at people. Don't be surprised if they come out to defend themselves.
    Met with screaming threats back at you should be expected. Being beaten and pepper sprayed merely for taunts, and have those violent initiated actions ignored by police, shouldn't.

Met with screaming threats back at you should be expected. Being beaten and pepper sprayed merely for taunts, and have those violent initiated actions ignored by police, shouldn't.

Joeys friends seriously injure and murder people.
    Getting them away as quickly as possible is the best course of action and the safest.

The police seemed to agree charging him with a felony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Looking at these vids makes me really happy I live in Ireland and not a country with all the fcukery.

Anyone importing these politics (either side) into Ireland, should get a high five,

In the face,

With a chair. :D

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Joeys friends seriously injure and murder people.
    Getting them away as quickly as possible is the best course of action and the safest.

The police seemed to agree charging him with a felony.
    So you seem to contend that hard right activists, like the Proud Boys, who partake in violence should be demonized, and hard left activists who partake in violence should be celebrated?

Asinine!

If it comes to where all those who initiate violence at protests will now be arrested and charged then the protest over the weekend was successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

No.

They're not very good at the whole nazi thing, these modern nazis. You'd think they'd be enjoying the aul lebenskampf.

So you seem to contend that hard right activists, like the Proud Boys, who partake in violence should be demonized, and hard left activists who partake in violence should be celebrated?

Asinine!

If it comes to where all those who initiate violence at protests will now be arrested and charged then the protest over the weekend was successful.

Ine side is defending themselves rhe other doing rhe attacking. Qre you against self defence?

Looking at these vids makes me really happy I live in Ireland and not a country with all the fcukery.

Anyone importing these politics (either side) into Ireland, should get a high five,

In the face,

With a chair. :D

Not much support for fascists in Ireland. So don't see it becoming a problem.

What is really ironic from Saturday’s rallies in Portland is that it has led public opinion to view the Proud Boys, not Antifia, as the real “anti-fascists”. The hashtag #AntifaTerrorists had become the number one trending topic on Twitter on Sunday, the day after the dueling protests. Well done, Antifa, well done!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

So I take it you sympathize and support Trump when he said “You also had some very fine people on both sides” regarding the “Unite the Right” Charlottesville rally in 2017, in which he was demonized by Democrats and their minions in the press, then and even now?

In April of this year, Joe Biden declared his 2020 candidacy for the Democratic nomination and the presidency by recalling the events in Charlottesville and Trump’s comments. "With those words, the president of the United States assigned a moral equivalence between those spreading hate and those with the courage to stand against it."

So, in your opinion all reasonable people are fine people?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    So, in your opinion all reasonable people are fine people?
    You didn't answer the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Jesus you're desperate for an angle :)

What is really ironic from Saturday’s rallies in Portland is that it has led public opinion to view the Proud Boys, not Antifia, as the real “anti-fascists”. The hashtag #AntifaTerrorists had become the number one trending topic on Twitter on Sunday, the day after the dueling protests. Well done, Antifa, well done!

That's not true. Trump and other racists are trying to spin that line but nobody believes it. Not even the ALT-Right spin bots spreading it.
    The disgusting and transparent thing is racist bigots trying to make it about any group out to get them. There are no good people on the ALT-Right they are all dirt.

• Advertisement

Trump was speaking on far right versus decent people protesting racists and were one right winger murdered a girl. It's not as plain as people on both sides doing bad and good. One side was for humanity the other were racist dirt bags. Trump shouldn't have said such a thing, but hey he is a racist so what would we expect?

I thought you were now happy with the police?

Or maybe you’re only happy when they arrest Antifa members because you’re vehemently biased.

they/them/theirs

It’s a stupid question. You know what the answer is, you’re just looking to score points.

they/them/theirs

I thought you were now happy with the police?

Or maybe you’re only happy when they arrest Antifa members because you’re vehemently biased.
    I applaud police when they distribute justice fairly. Not all that hard a concept to understand.

It’s a stupid question. You know what the answer is, you’re just looking to score points.
    Actually, the Democrats and the media (who have thrown away any journalistic integrity in favor of political activism) have shifted way from Russiagate and now harp on the claim of racism against Trump in just about all their reporting... as their last gasp effort to unseat him in the 2020 election. The media now seems to feel they are free and clear to equate Trump and racism to make that the moral duty of their news stories about him. Even encouraged, and seem to always use the ‘fine people on both sides” comment as proof of his racism. Just want to set the tone that you should be defending him in these unmoralistic and unfair attacks.

I applaud police when they distribute justice fairly. Not all that hard a concept to understand.

Seems to me that you struggle with it.

they/them/theirs

Actually, the Democrats and the media (who have thrown away any journalistic integrity in favor of political activism) have shifted way from Russiagate and now harp on the claim of racism against Trump in just about all their reporting... as their last gasp effort to unseat him in the 2020 election. The media now seems to feel they are free and clear to equate Trump and racism to make that the moral duty of their news stories about him. Even encouraged, and seem to always use the ‘fine people on both sides” comment as proof of his racism. Just want to set the tone that you should be defending him in these unmoralistic and unfair attacks.

Trump is a racist. There is no doubt. He is also a liar and a hate monger. He is the biggest danger to the United States IMO.
    We had racists protest and murder a woman. What good people was he talking about in there?

Seems to me that you struggle with it.
    Nope. If a far righter was arrested because they initiated violence they would have no sympathy from me. But I do support someones use of violence as a defense to violence perpetrated upon them. Arresting those who partake in self defense while those who initiated the violence get away free as a bird is wrong. Wouldn't you agree?

That pesky media, reporting what the president actually says. It’s a disgrace I tells ya. A disgrace

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Nope. If a far righter was arrested because they initiated violence they would have no sympathy from me. But I do support someones use of violence as a defense to violence perpetrated upon them. Arresting those who partake in self defense while those who initiated the violence get away free as a bird is wrong. Wouldn't you agree?

I would agree. Why don’t you leave the judgement up to the police. I’m happy to.

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement