Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

mynamejeff wrote: »
    why dont you take them in ?

how many illegal immigrants do you house clothe and look after 20cent?

Like clockwork with the identity politics.

These kids are being tortured and killed in order to put off future immigrants. Thats the truth of it. Own it, admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

why dont you take them in ?

how many illegal immigrants do you house clothe and look after 20cent?
    Pretty poor stuff for somebody who was complaining about the standard of debate just a few posts ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

20Cent wrote: »

These kids are being tortured and killed in order to put off future immigrants. Thats the truth of it. Own it, admit it.

In what dimension is this happening? The upside down?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

and again who put them in this position ?

its about the 3rd or 4th time you've been asked that ?

identity politics ? lol

osarusan wrote: »
    Pretty poor stuff for somebody who was complaining about the standard of debate just a few posts ago.

its just another one of the many many unanswered questions asked of 20 cent and the extreme left .

they would rather shout on street corners and throw bottles of piss at the police than answer questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

its just another one of the many many unanswered questions asked of 20 cent and the extreme left .

they would rather shout on street corners and throw bottles of piss at the police than answer questions

It's unanswered because it's pretty stupid.

Am I not allowed to discuss litter on the streets, or drug-related crime, unless I'm picking up a certain amount of rubbish, or looking after a certain number of addicts myself?

and again who put them in this position ?

its about the 3rd or 4th time you've been asked that ?

identity politics ? lol

The kids are seperated from their parents and denied basics by the United States of America richest country in the world.

osarusan wrote: »
    It's unanswered because it's pretty stupid.

Am I not allowed to discuss litter on the streets, or drug-related crime, unless I'm picking up a certain amount of rubbish, or looking after a certain number of addicts myself?

that a pretty stupid question so Im not answering it

see how easy it is to use that excuse for not answering questions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

The kids are seperated from their parents and denied basics by the United States of America richest country in the world.

Two false statements.

so again no answer ?

also do i need to point out the link i posted yesterday showing that the USA isnt even in the top ten rich country's in the world ?

pay attention please !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ironicname wrote: »
    Oh hi Brian. Good to see you. What lies have I fallen for?

That Antifa are a terrorist menace.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

tell me at any level why any country should have to look after any person who illegally enters it ?

what responsibility does any country bear to people who are not citizens ?

Because they are people. Who deserve to be treated humanely.

Its like this thread goes in circles. We’re back to immigrants not deserving to be treated humanely. This has already been done twice.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

peddlelies wrote: »
    Those words have a clear direct correlation to Nazi Germany and it's the first thing people think of when they hear them. They're being used intentionally for political benefit to allude to such memories and in turn the use of them are radicalizing people as we seen with the antifa gunman who showed up at an ice facility attempting to firebomb it.

Where do you sit on calling them Murderers and rapists, referring to it as an invasion and the El Passo killings? Not to mention saying elected US Congress women hate all jews and America.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

One thing for sure is the border centres have been turned into such a political football by both sides its hard to know what to believe about the conditions and goings on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Brian? wrote: »
    That Antifa are a terrorist menace.

Ah ok. It is my opinion, based on what I have observed, that antifa are indeed a menace.

It wasn't a lie I fell for. It is my opinion.

It's a silly thing for you to say. I could easily turn it around and say you've fallen for a lie that they aren't a terrorist menace.

Bad form Brian. Bad form indeed.

SexBobomb wrote: »
    One thing for sure is the border centres have been turned into such a political football by both sides its hard to know what to believe about the conditions and goings on there.

I'd go with the photos and both sides acknowledging children are separated from parents. I suppose the children and members of congress and journalists might be lying about the conditions....

Ah ok. It is my opinion, based on what I have observed, that antifa are indeed a menace.

It's a silly thing for you to say. I could easily turn it around and say you've fallen for a lie that they aren't a terrorist menace.

Even if people believe they are terrorists, their goal is fair enough, what with the fighting fascism. They must be stopped :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Even if people believe they are terrorists, their goal is fair enough, what with the fighting fascism. They must be stopped :rolleyes:

Except of course they don't fight fascism.

I disagree with their definition of fascism (i.e. anyone who doesn't agree with them)

I disagree with their definition of fascism (i.e. anyone who doesn't agree with them)

That's a fair point, if you disagree with the definition of fascism.

• Advertisement

This is not true.

You’ve formed this opinion based on some dodgy edited videos from alt right types. Listen, you’re not the only person to fall for it, so I wouldn’t get too upset about.

Your logic is quite flawed here. You want proof of a negative. My judgement that Antifa aren’t a terrorist menace is entirely based on the lack of evidence. The onus will always be on the accuser to prove their point.

they/them/theirs

You’ve formed this opinion based on some dodgy edited videos from alt right types. Listen, you’re not the only person to fall for it, so I wouldn’t get too upset about.

Your logic is quite flawed here. You want proof of a negative. My judgement that Antifa aren’t a terrorist menace is entirely based on the lack of evidence. The onus will always be on the accuser to prove their point.

No Brian. I formed my opinion from watching multiple videos from different sources, reading articles from different sources and watching interviews from different sources. These sources span from alt right all the way to ultra left.

I agree, the onus is always on the accuser.

You accused me of "swallowing whatever lies there (sic) alt right decides to peddle".

You pretty much inferred I was, at best, brainwashed into believing the alt right, or at worst, being a member of the alt right.

I would like you to take that back or please back up your accusation. (The fact that I shared a Steven Crowder video is not proof)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

You’ve formed this opinion based on some dodgy edited videos from alt right types.

More like you've been singing "lalalalala" with your fingers stuck in your ears.

No Brian. I formed my opinion from watching multiple videos from different sources, reading articles from different sources and watching interviews from different sources. These sources span from alt right all the way to ultra left.

I agree, the onus is always on the accuser.

You accused me of "swallowing whatever lies there (sic) alt right decides to peddle".

You pretty much inferred I was, at best, brainwashed into believing the alt right, or at worst, being a member of the alt right.

I would like you to take that back or please back up your accusation. (The fact that I shared a Steven Crowder video is not proof)

Ah now, come on. You can’t present any evidence of Antifa being a terrorist menace. You share a video by Steven Crowder, you said was interesting. And now you’re upset that I said you’ve been codded by the alt right.

they/them/theirs

Kimsang wrote: »
    More like you've been singing "lalalalala" with your fingers stuck in your ears.

Oh hi again. Have you got any evidence that Antifa are terrorists yet?

they/them/theirs

Ah now, come on. You can’t present any evidence of Antifa being a terrorist menace. You share a video by Steven Crowder, you said was interesting. And now you’re upset that I said you’ve been codded by the alt right.

There are plenty of videos and interviews featuring antifa acting like terrorist menaces. Hitting people with bike locks etc. I'm not going to link them here but Google is your friend. I don't need to justify my opinion. I doubt you are open to be proven wrong in any case.

I did share a video and I did say it was interesting. I think I specifically responded to you regarding that video saying that you wouldn't be interested in it. Some people might have found it interesting. I was not catering solely for you.

I'm not upset in the slightest Brian. You said that the accuser has the onus on them, implying I was accusing someone or something. I showed that it was in fact YOU that was the accuser and now you've tried to frame it that I am upset about being "codded".

I haven't been.

Bad form again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

There are plenty of videos and interviews featuring antifa acting like terrorist menaces. Hitting people with bike locks etc..

Is the bike lock one the Eric Clanton (my auto correct really wants me to say Clapton) case or are there other bike lock cases? Cheers

There are plenty of videos and interviews featuring antifa acting like terrorist menaces. Hitting people with bike locks etc. I'm not going to link them here but Google is your friend. I don't need to justify my opinion. I doubt you are open to be proven wrong in any case.

I did share a video and I did say it was interesting. I think I specifically responded to you regarding that video saying that you wouldn't be interested in it. Some people might have found it interesting. I was not catering solely for you.

I'm not upset in the slightest Brian. You said that the accuser has the onus on them, implying I was accusing someone or something. I showed that it was in fact YOU that was the accuser and now you've tried to frame it that I am upset about being "codded".

I haven't been.

Bad form again.

If you believe Antifa are a terrorist threat, you have been fooled into believing it. Because no real evidence exists to support this assertion.

That’s where the burden of proof lies, proof that Antifa are terrorists.

If you share a video and describe it as interesting, it implies you agree with the contents. Do you?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

I haven't been.

Bad form again.

Also what’s the “form” you keep referring to? Are you implying I’m not debating fairly?

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement