Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

notobtuse wrote: »
    Read my post #4047. Not a lot of words in it.

Did. It changes nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well, they're this group of scumbags that go around in masks beating the bejesus out of anyone that expresses opinions they don't like, sometimes even journalists. They get lots of support of liberals and democrats at large, despite their criminal behaviour.

Lefties like to suggest that they are an Anti fascist group but in fact it's more likely that the FA in AntiFA stands for 'first amendment' given that they have destroyed buildings and damaged venues just because speakers were set to give talks expressing views they don't ascribe to.

So when you complained about republicans 'shouting down opinions' in kind of made me laugh, hence my emoji.

Now here's where you needlessly point out that your 'No' was actually sarcasm.
    Evidence please of these acts? You seem to be portraying mass violence, riots, whole squads of masked people just beating down everyone in their eyeline. Where can I see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Yesterday, President Trump said he was considering designating masked Antifa militants as a terrorist organization because of the group’s violent actions across the country. “We’re looking at a lot of different things relative to Antifa. Antifa, in my opinion, is a terrorist organization.” “You see what they’ve been doing” “We’ve had great support on that. We’re looking at various, different things.”

A designation as a terrorist organization would mean that the federal government would provide federal and local law enforcement with additional resources as needed to deal with Antifa.

Potentially, federal law enforcement could also have the authority to charge anyone who provides assistance to that person or organization so designated.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Yesterday, President Trump said he was considering designating masked Antifa militants as a terrorist organization because of the group’s violent actions across the country. “We’re looking at a lot of different things relative to Antifa. Antifa, in my opinion, is a terrorist organization.” “You see what they’ve been doing” “We’ve had great support on that. We’re looking at various, different things.”

A designation as a terrorist organization would mean that the federal government would provide federal and local law enforcement with additional resources as needed to deal with Antifa.

Potentially, federal law enforcement could also have the authority to charge anyone who provides assistance to that person or organization so designated.

Trump said he's the chosen one, king of the jews and wants to buy greenland as well yesterday so wouldn't hold much faith in what he says.

POTUS says a lot of things; talk is cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

In order to be a terrorist organisation you need to be an organisation first. Antifa aren’t an organisation, they’re a pretty loose coalition of ideologically minded groups.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

20Cent wrote: »
    Trump said he's the chosen one, king of the jews and wants to buy greenland as well yesterday so wouldn't hold much faith in what he says.
    Why be so disingenuous? Is it fun? You know Trump, with the chosen comment, was referring to his dealings with China as past presidents were too afraid to deal with China’s unfair trade actions and their stealing of intellectual property. Trump has the balls to take them on. Both parties acknowledge the problems with China. Even Democrat Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer offered some rare praise for President Trump regarding his decision to slap a 10 percent tariff on $300 billion worth of Chinese goods on September 1. “We have to be really tough on China. They’ve taken advantage of us,” Shumer said. “America has lost trillions of dollars and millions of jobs because China has not played fair. And being tough on China is the right way to be.”

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Why be so disingenuous? Is it fun? You know Trump, with the chosen comment, was referring to his dealings with China as past presidents were too afraid to deal with China’s unfair trade actions and their stealing of intellectual property. Trump has the balls to take them on. Both parties acknowledge the problems with China. Even Democrat Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer offered some rare praise for President Trump regarding his decision to slap a 10 percent tariff on $300 billion worth of Chinese goods on September 1. “We have to be really tough on China. They’ve taken advantage of us,” Shumer said. “America has lost trillions of dollars and millions of jobs because China has not played fair. And being tough on China is the right way to be.”
    He did say it though yes?

Brian? wrote: »
    In order to be a terrorist organisation you need to be an organisation first. Antifa aren’t an organisation, they’re a pretty loose coalition of ideologically minded groups.
    Here's a good start... Rose City Antifa organization lists a bunch of Antifa affiliates.

http://rosecityantifa.org/links/

Here's a good start... Rose City Antifa organization lists a bunch of Antifa affiliates.

http://rosecityantifa.org/links/

Has that group organized acts of terror?

• Advertisement

He held out his hands looked at the sky and said I am the chosen one. Guys a loola. He'll be on about something new tomorrow. Impossible to tell what that will be he constantly surprises with whatever bubbles up from his brain to his mouth.

Even if he did want antifa designated terrorists bet he doesn't have the power to do it. Most likely unconstitutional. The optics of banning antifascim while leaving fascists alone would be pretty bad as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    He did say it though yes?

Not in the manner that was suggested, no.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You seem to know what he means, even when he doesn't.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

You seem to arbitrarily choose when to take trump's words literally and devoid of context

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The most disturbing aspect about his tweeting yesterday. The guy he's quoting said that the victim Heyer and perpetrator were probably actors paid by George Soros.... Pete won't have a problem with him approving of such terrible people and embracing their praise.

https://www.mediamatters.org/wayne-allyn-root/extremism-wayne-allyn-root

“Trump said he's the chosen one, king of the jews and wants to buy greenland as well yesterday”

He said It though, including the retweet about him being the king of Israel and the second coming of God. Not much to parse or spin. What 20cent left out of that (it gets better) is all the dual loyalty attacks he applied to Jews that vote Democrat as well.

Ironicname wrote: »
    You seem to arbitrarily choose when to take trump's words literally and devoid of context

Pot, kettle, black?

In order to stop being disingenuous, here is Trump and the chosen one comment if full context. I don’t know how anyone who claims to know anything about current politics regarding Trump wouldn’t know what he meant... unless they're intent on being dishonest, that is.

In order to stop being disingenuous, here is Trump and the chosen one comment if full context. I don’t know how anyone who claims to know anything about current politics regarding Trump wouldn’t know what he meant... unless their intent of being dishonest, that is.
    Which leaves us wondering how you can view that and not acknowledge he’s delusional?

I will assume the Antifa group you linked to hasn’t actually organized any acts of terror given your unwillingness to respond. You know. Context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

In order to stop being disingenuous, here is Trump and the chosen one comment if full context. I don’t know how anyone who claims to know anything about current politics regarding Trump wouldn’t know what he meant... unless their intent of being dishonest, that is.

Is there a way that you're gonna try to improve how he pushed a quote about him being the second coming of god? From a conspiracy theorist who pushes rather abhorrent conspiracies. Is there a missed context? :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164138796205654016

• Advertisement

Which leaves us wondering how you can view that and not acknowledge he’s delusional?

I will assume the Antifa group you linked to hasn’t actually organized any acts of terror given your unwillingness to respond. You know. Context.
    After being goaded over and over again by you today with disgusting personal remarks I wouldn’t want to get into any more personal digs. So, it’s unfortunate, but I think it best I not interact with you again. If you want to consider that some sort of win, then so be it. You can keep asking away but expect no answer going forward from me.

He said It though..

So what...

Obama said that he was a Muslim and his wife's name was Michael.

Liberals spent eight fcuking years telling everyone not to nitpick on Obama's words (and I was in agreement with you all at the time - it was somewhat head wrecking) yet the same people have held a microscope over every damn syllable Trump has uttered since he announced his was running for president and played the most disingenuous and juvenile games of 'gotcha' I have ever witnessed and with no end in sight. Context and intent seemingly suddenly meaningless.

But to be fair to liberals worldwide, why wouldn't you all, given that the mainstream media has played the game right along with you: He said Mexicans were rapists!! He called all immigrants animals!! He's mocked a journalist's disability!! He colluded with Russia!! He's a racist!! He's a rapist!! He said Nazis were fine people!! Blah blah blah blah. Don't you lot ever hear yourselves? Two and half fcuking years!

batgoat wrote: »
    Is there a way that you're gonna try to improve how he pushed a quote about him being the second coming of god? From a conspiracy theorist who pushes rather abhorrent conspiracies. Is there a missed context? :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164138796205654016
    In his tweet was Trump quoting something someone else said?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So what...

Obama said that he was a Muslim and his wife's name was Michael.

Liberals spent eight fcuking years telling everyone not to nitpick on Obama's words (and I was in agreement with you all at the time - it was somewhat head wrecking) yet the same people have held a microscope over every damn syllable Trump has uttered since he announced his was running for president and played the most disingenuous and juvenile games of 'gotcha' I have ever witnessed and with no end in sight. Context and intent seemingly suddenly meaningless.

But to be fair to liberals worldwide, why wouldn't you all, given that the mainstream media has played the game right along with you: He said Mexicans were rapists!! He called all immigrants animals!! He's mocked a journalist's disability!! He colluded with Russia!! He's a racist!! He's a rapist!! He said Nazis were fine people!! Blah blah blah blah. Don't you lot ever hear yourselves? Two and half fcuking years!

But you're not of the rightwing faction that seeks to exonerate his ignorant tribal views.

The following clips are a great illustration of just how fundamentally different the Proud Boys are as a group compared with Antifa lowlifes.

In this first clip we have an asshole lefty (although at least he likes dogs) walk up to a group of Proud Boys and say 'fcuk you' to each and everyone one of them and the response is just to either return the compliment to his face, as a few chose to do, or to physically make sure the chap was let exercise his right to free speech:

https://twitter.com/DMM_News_/status/1162807658698760192

In this second clip however, we first see an alt-right journalist / provocateur pretty much do the same as the other guy, walk up to an Antifa gathering and proceed to take the piss out of them. Their reaction however is a much differently one entirely as they proceed to try and beat the crap out of him, even going as far as to hit him on the head with flag poles...

[SO DISCRETIONARY VIEWING ADVISED AS CLIP CONTAINS UP CLOSE VIOLENCE].

The amount of people with strongly held beliefs based on bits of videos is scary. Do thy teach science in school anymore?

After being goaded over and over again by you today with disgusting personal remarks I wouldn’t want to get into any more personal digs. So, it’s unfortunate, but I think it best I not interact with you again. If you want to consider that some sort of win, then so be it. You can keep asking away but expect no answer going forward from me.

What personal remarks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Odhinn wrote: »
    But you're not of the rightwing faction that seeks to exonerate his ignorant tribal views.

Who is? Half of America? What political correct types don't realize is that a lot of people vote for Trump despite the things he does. Doesn't this beg the question; what is it they hate more than Trump? Of course not, they're racists of course.

The following clips are a great illustration of just how fundamentally different the Proud Boys are as a group compared with Antifa lowlifes.

In this first clip we have an asshole lefty (although at least he likes dogs) walk up to a group of Proud Boys and say 'fcuk you' to each and everyone one of them and the response is just to either return the compliment to his face, as a few chose to do, or to physically make sure the chap was let exercise his right to free speech:

https://twitter.com/DMM_News_/status/1162807658698760192

In this second clip however, we first see an alt-right journalist / provocateur pretty much do the same as the other guy, walk up to an Antifa gathering and proceed to take the piss out of them. Their reaction however is a much differently one entirely as they proceed to try and beat the crap out of him, even going as far as to hit him on the head with flag poles...

[SO DISCRETIONARY VIEWING ADVISED AS CLIP CONTAINS UP CLOSE VIOLENCE].

So much context is missing from these clips: for a start, That’s the Point with Brandon is, by all appearance a locally known youtube star who uploads constantly alt-right video from political rallies in his area, and he as alluded is a known provocateur who clearly labeled himself and his cameraman with his youtube persona and, basically.

Compare that to a flip scenario where just some random passerby, not recording (on the contrary, dozens of people in the flip are recording and the whole scene is rather bizarre), is protected by some people in the crowd near him from being assaulted by Proud Boys, presumably these were the ring leaders who wanted to keep their boys in line, no point beating up a rando when the real prize is Antifa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

So much context is missing from these clips: for a start, That’s the Point with Brandon is, by all appearance a locally known youtube star who uploads constantly alt-right video from political rallies in his area, and he as alluded is a known provocateur who clearly labeled himself and his cameraman with his youtube persona and, basically.

Compare that to a flip scenario where just some random passerby, not recording (on the contrary, dozens of people in the flip are recording and the whole scene is rather bizarre), is protected by some people in the crowd near him from being assaulted by Proud Boys, presumably these were the ring leaders who wanted to keep their boys in line, no point beating up a rando when the real prize is Antifa.

Pure and utter scutter....heres another clip of Antifa trying to stab somebody who did absolutely nothing to antagonise them

oh wait its from your bogeyman Brandon so Youll try dismiss it.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement