Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

notobtuse wrote: »
    believe they are justified in the fight to utilize violence to inflict bodily harm and destruction of personal property. That's what you support?

Is there a website or twitter account that states Antifa beliefs. Even a twitter account that has rounded up people for upcoming protests etc. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Is there a website or twitter account that states Antifa beliefs. Even a twitter account that has rounded up people for upcoming protests etc. Cheers

There isn't. The grifters are trying to make the narrative that antifa are terrorists and attack random people for no reason or if rhey are trump supporters. They are doing this because they know they can't march and recruit anymore without facing large opposition.
    They want to get antifa banned or use the government to enable them to make left wing protest illegal. All while claiming to be pro freedom. Massive hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

20Cent wrote: »
    Yeah tough guy with his mob attacking a bar and beating a woman. A few slaps and he's crying on tv looking for money for a "brain hemmorage". Suppose a public health system is communist so having to beg for treatment is capitalism at its finest.

Dozen more similar grifters out there doing the same thing. Right wingers should really be calling them out as they are stealing money from them. They don't because "owning the libs" is more important than fighting facism

Because they feel 'owed' when they see individuals and families on gofundme needing help with their bills because conservatism failed them.

You do understand their stated aim of fighting fascism has grown to include conservatives and supporters of Trump, and believe they are justified in the fight to utilize violence to inflict bodily harm and destruction of personal property. That's what you support?

Trump's platform is rife with fascism. Do you not see it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You do understand their stated aim of fighting fascism has grown to include conservatives and supporters of Trump, and believe they are justified in the fight to utilize violence to inflict bodily harm and destruction of personal property. That's what you support?

No. I agree with their states aim of opposing fascism. Have made that clear many times

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    No. I agree with their states aim of opposing fascism. Have made that clear many times

Let me also add look up WUO.

If Antifa Groups went down that path then yes they'd be organizing terrorism.

Andy Ngo in London today to "report" on a free tommy robinson protest. He was embedded with the tommy robinson crowd of course. Nazi salutes, football hooligans etc at it. Andy reports only anout antifa though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Andy Ngo in London today to "report" on a free tommy robinson protest. He was embedded with the tommy robinson crowd of course. Nazi salutes, football hooligans etc at it. Andy reports only anout antifa though.

Andy Ngo, the gay Asian fuhrer of white supremacy.

Andy Ngo, the gay Asian fuhrer of white supremacy.

More like a Lord Haw Haw type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

More like a Lord Haw Haw type.
    "This is a direct result of believing language and ideas we don't like to be violence. Andy is nonviolent. He was walking away. He was one small, non-violent man reporting on a problem. Anyone seeing a "but" here can never have their ethics taken seriously again."-Helen Pluckrose

Go on, call Helen Pluckrose far-right.

• Advertisement

hetuzozaho wrote: »

Here you go

As you're asking nicely I think there'll always be someone willing to help.

Here is a quick breakdown;

They will confront fascism by any means necessary(including direct action-force)
    Fascism means anyone who is anti-globalist.
    Fascists often couch their racist agenda in the language of anti-globalism.

Also, everything is sexist, everything is racist, and everything is homophobic, you just have to point it all out(Clearly Anita Sarkeesian fans)
    We want to arm people with the analytical tools necessary to effectively unveil the underlying racist/sexist/ homophobic agenda beneath the pleasant veneer
    So anyone that is racist/sexist/homophobic are also fascists.

For anyone who continues to say Antifa are anti-fascists because of their name;
    North Korea's full title is "The Democratic People's Republic of Korea" Do you also believe North Korea is a democratic republic because its in the name? Do you now see how ridiculous of an argument that is? I sure hope so

Kimsang wrote: »
    Here you go

They will confront fascism by any means necessary(including direct action-force)

Also, everything is sexist, everything is racist, and everything is homophobic, you just have to point it all out(Clearly Anita Sarkeesian fans)

For anyone who continues to say Antifa are anti-fascists because of their name;
    North Korea's full title is "The Democratic People's Republic of Korea" Do you also believe North Korea is a democratic republic because its in the name? Do you now see how ridiculous of an argument that is? I sure hope so

Antifa are anti fascist because they counter protest at events involving fascist groups. Simple.

The DPRK isn’t democratic because they don’t hold free and fair elections. Simple.

Do you now see how ridiculous an argument that is? I hope so. (I feel that flows better than the original syntax)

Does it take you long to find a video that childish? Or did you make it yourself?

they/them/theirs

Go on, call Helen Pluckrose far-right.

Never heard of her.

Did you look at the thread posted about Ngo's "reporting"?
    There are loads of examples of him editing footage to change the narrative of events.

Brian? wrote: »
    Antifa are anti fascist because they counter protest at events involving fascist groups. Simple.

Let's just forget that they defined the word fascist to mean anyone they politically disagree with.

Here you go

It doesn't say that at all.
    Why lie to make them look bad? surely there is plenty of other things to say.

Didn't bither looking at the rest of your interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

At least he's putting that gofundme cash to good use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

At least he's putting that gofundme cash to good use

Let's just forget that they defined the word fascist to mean anyone they politically disagree with.

Throw up a link there to this new definition could you.

That’s patently untrue. Their definition of fascist is too broad for me admittedly, but it doesn’t include everyone they disagree with politically.

they/them/theirs

Throw up a link there to this new definition could you.

I will after you throw up link that children at the US border are being tortured and killed as a repellent to stop more arrivals.

• Advertisement

I will after you throw up link that children at the US border are being tortured and killed as a repellent to stop more arrivals.

So that's a no then. Thought so.

KKK on the street. Emboldened by the president.
    Opposing them will be illegal if trump has his way.

https://twitter.com/GraigMeyer/status/1165387810888650753?s=19

Here we have a fine young antifa member yelling kill southerners.

I suppose southerners are all fascists now also.

Here we have a fine young antifa member yelling kill southerners.

I suppose southerners are all fascists now also.

Who shouted that?
    How do you know they are antifa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

So the proud boys leader has stated the rallies are about brawling and wasting resources. They even have a ranking system around assaulting antifa members..

https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/proud-boys-leader-admits-rallies-all-about-brawling-costing-millions/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

batgoat wrote: »
    So the proud boys leader has stated the rallies are about brawling and wasting resources. They even have a ranking system around assaulting antifa members..

https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/proud-boys-leader-admits-rallies-all-about-brawling-costing-millions/

I am now aware of this and give my full support to the Proud Boys members. I wish them luck in their Antifa bopping quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I am now aware of this and give my full support to the Proud Boys members. I wish them luck in their Antifa bopping quest.

You support their desire to waste law enforcement resources?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

batgoat wrote: »
    You support their desire to waste law enforcement resources?

Yes.

You care about American police force resources?

How do you feel about the latest budget and allocations? I presume you have read the report

McGarnigle looks to be making some big changes

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Here you go

You could at least try to be honest.

You're saying antifa consider people like Corbyn and Sanders facist because facist means anyonewho is anti globalist?

Then everthing is sexist, racist , homophobic and anyone who is racist/sexist/homophobic are also fascists. So by definition they say everyone is facist. ACtually everyone?

Somehow you cite their webpage and come up with the above?

I'm not saying antifa are great or anything but you're not being honest through your posting.

It's also really weird that given the awful groups in the world, people seem obsessed with hating antifa? Not offering an opinion on them but why do they annoy certian people so much?

• Advertisement

Midlife wrote: »
    You could at least try to be honest.

You're saying antifa consider people like Corbyn and Sanders facist because facist means anyonewho is anti globalist?

Then everthing is sexist, racist , homophobic and anyone who is racist/sexist/homophobic are also fascists. So by definition they say everyone is facist. ACtually everyone?

Somehow you cite their webpage and come up with the above?

Yes pretty much everyone.

I am being honest, you could try being smarter. I'm saying antifa has expanded the definition of fascist to include anti-globalism, sexism, homophobia and racism.

Could you cite their webpage and come up with something different?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement